Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Hmmm...started off year as top pairing, but then slipped down the depth chart only to be a healthy scratch in the playoffs. Anybody like this move?

Yes, it looks like a good chance to take. He is probably better than half the d-men that played a regular shift for us last year. Improves the core defense even if it does not solve our problems back there. Nice step in right direction, though. Add in the Russian guy and maybe Guhle and the defense might be much better next year.

Hard to say with all the backroom deals going on, but it looks like Carrier is gone? Maybe it's part of a deal to unload Bogo to them as well.

I'm not a bogo fan but don't think he is a disaster back there. I just feel we could do better, especially at the cost. If we keep him, so be it

6-20: NATHAN BEAULIEU ON WGR WITH THE INSTIGATORS (11:32)

Newest #Sabres defenseman Nathan Beaulieu joins @TheInstigators next on WGR! Tune in:

Nathan Beaulieu confirms that his last name is pronounced "Bowl-YOU" #Sabres

Beaulieu - I kind of knew what was coming last weekend, I think it was time for a fresh start #Sabres

Beaulieu - in talking with Jason and Phil, the system that the #Sabres want to run will fit right into my game

.@natebeaulieu on his playing style: "I like to get up the ice... push the pace"

Beaulieu - Montreal had a great staff, tried to teach me the right things, but I just don't know if I fit in right. #Sabres

.@natebeaulieu: "What I'm most excited about is just to play under Phil (Housley)"

Beaulieu - in talking with management, it's a whole new excitement level for me right now #Sabres

Beaulieu - I enjoyed every second of being a Hab. I'll never forget the city of Montreal, such a fun place to be

Beaulieu - I want to set the bar high, I know I'm a top-four defenseman in this league #Sabres

.@natebeaulieu: "I feel like I mold my game into a mobile guy... you always want to be on the first pairing"

Beaulieu - I try to be more like a Duncan Keith type of defenseman, he's a world-class player #Sabres

@reporterchris

George McPhee: "We're going to have to move some defencemen because we're going to claim a bunch."

@renlavoietva

So George McPhee confirmed he has a half dozens of trades done so far.

He confirmed that some of the picks that are going to be announced are going to be traded the next day.

I wonder whether there will be a lot of trade activity tomorrow.

Expansion draft tonight, regular draft Friday/Saturday. If I had to guess, I would think that a lot of teams have had their engines idling waiting for Vegas to make their picks. Everyone knows who's been protected and unprotected. I just can't figure if the bulk of trades will be made before or after the regular draft on Friday and Saturday.

I wonder whether there will be a lot of trade activity tomorrow.

Expansion draft tonight, regular draft Friday/Saturday. If I had to guess, I would think that a lot of teams have had their engines idling waiting for Vegas to make their picks. Everyone knows who's been protected and unprotected. I just can't figure if the bulk of trades will be made before or after the regular draft on Friday and Saturday.

McKenzie tweeted this morning that McPhee made GMs take a "pledge" not to do other deals if they did one with him until after the freeze...hmm.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

I have not seen any leaks yet on roster selection..and they have been in for at least two hours

Edited by plenzmd1

It will be interesting to see if there are any Sabres deals between now and tomorrow night. I think they made out well, not losing Leee-nus and only giving up a 6th. Carrier wasn't about to light the world on fire anyway and there are bigger issues (D, D, D) to address.