Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

@DarrenDreger

Source says Housely and Botterill met in Nashville on Monday and belief is Housley may be in Buffalo today.

This would align with my tweet earlier today reporting Buffalo's interest in making a coaching decision no later than Monday.

Good! I like them both but have a fond place in my heart for Housley from watching him in my youth. One of my favorite memories is of him and Foligino in OT scoring a goal against the Flyers when OT was just back in the league.

I also remember him scoring a goal when we were two men short against Quebec

Nice!! Youngish coach, experience leading defense, recent success with a young Nashville team

...hoping Jack Eichel is ok with the hire.

Should be some familiarity and level of comfort from them both being affiliated with USA Hockey.

I was really young for him but doesn't he have a rep for being one of the softest players ever? Obviously, he can be different as a coach and the game isn't as tough anymore.

But I can't stand soft teams. The second the Sabres let Miller get run over and did nothing, I knew bad times were ahead.

I was really young for him but doesn't he have a rep for being one of the softest players ever? Obviously, he can be different as a coach and the game isn't as tough anymore.

But I can't stand soft teams. The second the Sabres let Miller get run over and did nothing, I knew bad times were ahead.

He had the rep because he was a smallish, offensive minded defenseman in a league that still valued hulking guys who couldn't move. Erik Carlsson would also be considered soft by 1980's standards.