Buffalo Bills Fans Documentary

Tailgating is fine but W*F are they celebrating??? Most of these kids are too young to even remember the Superbowls! I've been a fan since day 1 at the Rockpile, and have maybe seen worse, but we were winning then, Now???

Too young to remember the Superbowls? The current college aged Bills fans weren't even born yet during the Super Bowls

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too young to remember the Superbowls? The current college aged Bills fans weren't even born yet during the Super Bowls

For perspective, I'm 29 and barely remember Home Run Throwback clearly let alone the Super Bowls. Don't get me wrong, I remember watching the HRT game and knowing what was going on and that it was not good, but I don't remember much about the Bills before that. The first game I attended, Todd Collins was the QB. They lost.

You realize when you say "marketing his tees" you're referring to what he sells to make money for charity, kids with cancer and families in need right?

only the proceeds he makes, and that's not as much as it used to be. and the great thing about "proceeds" is that it can be 1% of of the proceeds. if he sold a shirt for $20 that cost him $19.00 to make after material costs, equipment costs, labor and his take then he takes half of all proceeds that means $.50 of all shirts go to charity. or lets be more exact. when they say all proceeds that may be the full $1 left over - the shirt that actually cost $1.75, had $2.00 worth of material put in and $7 dollars overhead meaning he is selling the shirt that cost him $9.75 to make for $20, but you take away what his cut is - $8.25 and you are left with what they call proceeds - $1. $1! lets say that is he did the famous saying all proceeds!

lets just say 30% of all proceeds. That would be $.33 of that.

you should be able to do math to see the rest.

wow, what a great guy, huh?

99% of charities are a crock of ****.

For perspective, I'm 29 and barely remember Home Run Throwback clearly let alone the Super Bowls. Don't get me wrong, I remember watching the HRT game and knowing what was going on and that it was not good, but I don't remember much about the Bills before that. The first game I attended, Todd Collins was the QB. They lost.

that is because you only remember the forward lateral in the titans game, also known as the homerun throw forward.

Edited by Boyst62

only the proceeds he makes, and that's not as much as it used to be. and the great thing about "proceeds" is that it can be 1% of of the proceeds. if he sold a shirt for $20 that cost him $19.00 to make after material costs, equipment costs, labor and his take then he takes half of all proceeds that means $.50 of all shirts go to charity.

wow, what a great guy, huh?

99% of charities are a crock of ****.

that is because you only remember the forward lateral in the titans game, also known as the homerun throw forward.

exactly

In case anyone was under the impression that Boyst actually had a point when questioning Del's integrity. $8 per shirt goes to charity (typically, shirts are about $25), $1 per shirt to the artist. I'm not privy to how much they take to make or the postage costs.

26shirts has raised $382,770 for people in need over the past few years. !@#$ that guy indeed :)

Topic drift happens!

I understand this.

I was questioning why certain posters are trying to crucify the guy over his tee shirt business.

There's plenty of sham charities I won't donate a penny to when you find out how much money they are keeping.

For example, the grubbing NFL and their "breast cancer awareness" sham. Imagine that, the NFL profiting from "awareness". They care so much that they take a cut of profits.

According to data obtained from the NFL by Darren Rovell of ESPN, the NFL takes a 25% royalty from the wholesale price (1/2 retail), [and] donates 90% of royalty to American Cancer Society.

In other words, for every $100 in pink merchandise sold, $12.50 goes to the NFL. Of that, $11.25 goes to the American Cancer Society (ACS) and the NFL keeps the rest. The remaining money is then divided up by the company that makes the merchandise (37.5%) and the company that sells the merchandise (50.0%), which is often the NFL and the individual teams.

https://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/26/nfl-breast-cancer-month-deangelo-williams

But yeah, lets tar and feather the local guy who actually gives a higher percentage back than the billionaire-club.

just another knock on the buffalo bills and their fans. should be a disclaimer saying that these represented in the documentary only make up less than 1 % of the buffalo bills fan base.

alcohol mixed with those who have little to no sense to begin with spells disaster.

We went to games when they were losing all the time. Didn't act like morons because the bills were losing games Edited by Helpmenow

In case anyone was under the impression that Boyst actually had a point when questioning Del's integrity. $8 per shirt goes to charity (typically, shirts are about $25), $1 per shirt to the artist. I'm not privy to how much they take to make or the postage costs.

26shirts has raised $382,770 for people in need over the past few years. !@#$ that guy indeed :)

where do those numbers come from?

is this from a tax statement?

i'll believe it when i see it properly sourced and i will take back what i have said. i will not take for granted if it is on their site or anything such as the case as it is not possible to believe.

also, please have the courtesy to quote me on these things so i may reply. if i am wrong and he can show evidence that he is not squandering money i will take back part of what i say - but charity is never just charity. the guy gets a boatload of cash for doing this stuff.

I understand this.

I was questioning why certain posters are trying to crucify the guy over his tee shirt business.

There's plenty of sham charities I won't donate a penny to when you find out how much money they are keeping.

For example, the grubbing NFL and their "breast cancer awareness" sham. Imagine that, the NFL profiting from "awareness". They care so much that they take a cut of profits.

https://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/26/nfl-breast-cancer-month-deangelo-williams

But yeah, lets tar and feather the local guy who actually gives a higher percentage back than the billionaire-club.

i have and will continue to bash anything susan komen foundation. i will bash most charities as quickly as i will anything else.

if you want to give to charity go do work for them in person - that way you can actually do something and not just pay a fat cat in an office. and believe me, when ya go to that soup kitchen to feed the poor folks you're not feeding them. you're washing dishes by hand, you're cleaning floors and scrubbing pans... its not glamorous but you'll feel good about yourself.

i donate to causes with money and time but those causes are people i know directly and causes i believe in.

Yes. There would be meaningful games late in the season.

Minds would be a bit more occupied by the task at hand. Tickets would fetch a higher premium, and those buying would be coming mostly for the game, and would want to be in shape to pay attention.

As it stands, tix are practically free after October. That alone will draw a different type of crowd.

I disagree....during the Superbowl years the parking lots were just as bad....just no phones to record everything but there were passed out drunks, fights....

I disagree....during the Superbowl years the parking lots were just as bad....just no phones to record everything but there were passed out drunks, fights....

I can remember young people pushing a couch out the back of box truck . They then set it on fire and took turns running out the back of the truck jumping on the couch using it like a spring board.

Also a fight in Lot 5 that had to have over 100 people involved. Police on horseback came in and broke it up. Arrested a few people. Some were on the ground knocked out. Lot more social media now to put it out to the public.

Not gonna disagree that the old days were wilder. I stated it earlier in this thread. And I was at every home playoff game for the fist two SB runs, so I feel ya.

There's way more security these days and easier ways to report 'trouble' as well. Would be interesting to see how post-season would play out around here. I'm guessing calmer than the 90's.

There's only one way to find out. Field a playoff team, and we'll see.

Not gonna disagree that the old days were wilder. I stated it earlier in this thread. And I was at every home playoff game for the fist two SB runs, so I feel ya.

There's way more security these days and easier ways to report 'trouble' as well. Would be interesting to see how post-season would play out around here. I'm guessing calmer than the 90's.

There's only one way to find out. Field a playoff team, and we'll see.

I think the biggest difference is the modern day shenanigans is just dumber than the way the old-timers used to party. As the years go by things evolve and somehow the way college kids party now has transitioned into backyard wrestling(and it's not just Bills games, if you follow Barstool Sports they are constantly posting videos of the same kind of things that are happening at Bills games now happening at frat parties at colleges all over the United States). I don't know how or why this became a thing but I actually feel bad for the kids. If they think that is having fun, they should have been around to party 10-20 years ago :devil:

Edited by BillsPride12

I think the biggest difference is the modern day shenanigans is just dumber than the way the old-timers used to party. As the years go by things evolve and somehow the way college kids party now has transitioned into backyard wrestling(and it's not just Bills games, if you follow Barstool Sports they are constantly posting videos of the same kind of things that are happening at Bills games now happening at frat parties at colleges all over the United States). I don't know how or why this became a thing but I actually feel bad for the kids. If they think that is having fun, they should have been around to party 10-20 years ago :devil:

I agree. There is a difference between wild and dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

They used to allow beer kegs in the stadium so long as you bought the keg a seat. A guy shimmied his way out onto the guide wire that holds up the kicking net, on purpose. I think the old timers would be able to hold their own.

That said, that film wasn't as bad as it could have been but people should understand it will be used as Exhibit A as to why the stadium needs to go downtown and tailgating needs to be reigned in permanently. People are way too eager and proud to post their jackassery online.