Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

Exactly Thurman I pointed this out to him one page before this post of yours. He says he got it from someone else's post but he didn't bother to check to see if it was true. Which of course it was blatantly false.

I pointed out those same 5 WR's from Sammy's own class that have more yards before 24 too they are just salt in the wound.

You also didn't read my response with the link--the data was a year old.

And if you can read all of the context surrounding performance per opportunity and still think Sammy is a bust, then I'm not sure you're looking at the player with anything other than a jaded viewpoint

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there like 20 pages in this thread about how many draft picks we used to get sammy?

Also havent heard one other credible media source or another one at all even report this. Every article ive seen from this website has been bs. incarcerated bob is right atleast sometimes

You also didn't read my response with the link--the data was a year old.

And if you can read all of the context surrounding performance per opportunity and still think Sammy is a bust, then I'm not sure you're looking at the player with anything other than a jaded viewpoint

I have not read all of the posts so I'm sure the point has been made before. Sammy certainly is not a bust. From what I have seen of him I consider him a special talent. But that doesn't mean that it was wise to give up that extra first round pick for him in a receiver rich year. What irritates me about this situation isn't about his talents as a receiver. It is by every measure elite. From an eyeball test there were interludes of eye popping play. But what is the point of expending additional resources on a talented player whose talents could never be maximized because of the limitations of the qb/s he was playing with.

Getting skill players to prop up the play of marginal qbs is an arse backwards approach to take with such talented skill players. The right approach to take is finding a qb who can maximize the abundant talents of the skill players instead of hoping that the costly skill players can elevate the marginal qbs to being adequate players.

During his stint with the Bills Whaley thought he could get by by bolstering the roster without making his first priority bolstering the qb position. Where is the common sense? After he got fired he realized his mistake.

I have not read all of the posts so I'm sure the point has been made before. Sammy certainly is not a bust. From what I have seen of him I consider him a special talent. But that doesn't mean that it was wise to give up that extra first round pick for him in a receiver rich year. What irritates me about this situation isn't about his talents as a receiver. It is by every measure elite. From an eyeball test there were interludes of eye popping play. But what is the point of expending additional resources on a talented player whose talents could never be maximized because of the limitations of the qb/s he was playing with.

Getting skill players to prop up the play of marginal qbs is an arse backwards approach to take with such talented skill players. The right approach to take is finding a qb who can maximize the abundant talents of the skill players instead of hoping that the costly skill players can elevate the marginal qbs to being adequate players.

During his stint with the Bills Whaley thought he could get by by bolstering the roster without making his first priority bolstering the qb position. Where is the common sense? After he got fired he realized his mistake.

And yet there are folks here who love Taylor and would be pleased to get a second round pick to get rid of Sammy.

53 pages of comments for a trade rumor?

53 pages of comments for a trade rumor, originated by a "privately run website run by a couple of lads who love their Rugby League, Australian Rules Football and NFL"?

I'm speechless.

thank you for your contribution toward reaching our goal of 100 pgs. It's the offseason and I believe in all of you. #playoffcaliber posting. Edited by YoloinOhio

And yet there are folks here who love Taylor and would be pleased to get a second round pick to get rid of Sammy.

I don't like it when receivers exhibit their frustration on the field and show up the qb. But I'm going to give him some slack because his talents, and Clay's also, were wasted. What was the point of richly paying for the acquisition of Clay when few passes were directed at him because the qb can't him the ball? It's simply wasted talents and cap expenditures. It's tiresome and stupid.

I can't believe the Bills are only asking for a 7th rounder, and still nobody wants him.

We might have to go the Texans route and dish out one of our own draft picks along with him just to get the bum off our books.

I can't believe the Bills are only asking for a 7th rounder, and still nobody wants him.

I think throwing in the bag of practice balls killed the deal. That's what I read in Cricket Monthly.

I don't like it when receivers exhibit their frustration on the field and show up the qb. But I'm going to give him some slack because his talents, and Clay's also, were wasted. What was the point of richly paying for the acquisition of Clay when few passes were directed at him because the qb can't him the ball? It's simply wasted talents and cap expenditures. It's tiresome and stupid.

To be fair we signed Clay in the same month we signed Tyrod. I don't think the team was aware Tyrod would struggle to utilize the middle of the field. Maybe they should have been, I don't know, but Whaley was getting putting pieces together for a good offense.

Edited by What a Tuel

To be fair we signed Clay in the same month we signed Tyrod. I don't think the team was aware Tyrod would struggle to utilize the middle of the field. Maybe they should have been, I don't know, but Whaley was getting putting pieces together for a good offense.

Watkins and especially Clay because he was a free agency acquisition are two talented players who haven't come close to realizing their talents with the Bills because the qb position was not at a level it needed to be. You can accumulate all the offensive pieces you want and still not get a good return if the trigger man is inadequate. It is approaching a quarter century since the Bills have not had a legitimate long term qb. Addressing that position should be the priority! Whaley had more than enough time to address that issue. He dithered. He ended up losing his job. One of his first responses after being fired was that he should have made finding a franchise more of a priority. No shiiit Sherlock! No more excuses!

Edited by JohnC

Watkins and especially Clay because he was a free agency acquisition are two talented players who haven't come close to realizing their talents with the Bills because the qb position was not at a level it needed to be. You can accumulate all the offensive pieces you want and still not get a good return if the trigger man is inadequate. It is approaching a quarter century since the Bills have not had a legitimate long term qb. Addressing that position should be the priority! Whaley had more than enough time to address that issue. He dithered. He ended up losing his job. One of his first responses after being fired was that he should have made finding a franchise more of a priority. No shiiit Sherlock! No more excuses!

"I should have gotten them a franchise qb"

Well H E double toothpicks lets just go get one off the end ile down at the local Wall Mart

"I should have gotten them a franchise qb"

Well H E double toothpicks lets just go get one off the end ile down at the local Wall Mart

Ask Whaley if he handled the qb position smartly. Don't bother calling OBD because he doesn't work there any longer.