Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put your mind at ease bandito.

I guarantee Sammy will not have 157 targets or 1400 yards next year.

Well, meaning no offense, I can't put any stock into your (or anyone else's) guarantees.

Regardless, what that says to me is that you don't believe he'll get the necessary targets, which is reasonable IMO.

I'll only say that IF he gets 8-10 targets per game, I expect that he'll finish in the top 10 WRs in both yards and TDs.

here here... :beer:

I think you mean "hear hear".

I love all this bust talk to be honest. Any idiot who can count to 3 can see that when healthy he is an ELITE talent at WR. So I hope people keep talking about him "maybe" or actually "being" a "bust" because if Watkins can stay healthy all this talk is just going to further add to his fire along with the contract year and put him in line for a monster season.

No joke, If he can put the injury bug behind him finally, this kid can easily hit 1400+ yards, 90+ catches, and double digit TD's even in a run oriented offense here this year. Sammy isnt remotely close to a bust if you weigh him on talent, he's just had some bad luck on the injury front. Given he had no prior injury issues, its not unrealistic that he could put it behind him this year. And with his fracture, historically the injury has responded quite well after the 2nd surgery, so there is reason to be optimistic about this foot issue being in the past.

So I hope this thread hits 100 pages of "bust" nonsense and keeps adding more gasoline to the fire as I think he's going to put on a show this year and I can't wait to watch it.

I agree with all of this, but I can't envision that production with the QB throwing to him.

Sammy will never realize his true potential, and the Bills will never get the best of Sammy Watkins without a real passer at the helm.

I agree with all of this, but I can't envision that production with the QB throwing to him.

Sammy will never realize his true potential, and the Bills will never get the best of Sammy Watkins without a real passer at the helm.

on the flip side, it doesn't appear TT is here for the long term. If they do indeed plan to draft their franchise QB in 2018, they would be crazy not to have Sammy in the fold (if healthy) to provide an elite weapon as he develops. If they take a QB in the 1st next year, the belief would be he's the "real passer" they want. Sammy will only be 25 at that point - that's the future right there. Edited by YoloinOhio

All of the numbers that have been used have been based on Sammy's per target production (8.91 yards per target). At 145 targets it extrapolates to 1,292 yards. These numbers are based on Sammy staying healthy and seeing the ball 8-10 times a game. It's important to differentiate between "he can't perform at that level with the Bills QB situation" & "he won't see the ball enough to get there." He's already proven that he can perform at that level. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Well, meaning no offense, I can't put any stock into your (or anyone else's) guarantees.

Regardless, what that says to me is that you don't believe he'll get the necessary targets, which is reasonable IMO.

I'll only say that IF he gets 8-10 targets per game, I expect that he'll finish in the top 10 WRs in both yards and TDs.

I think you mean "hear hear".

I don't believe he'll get the targets or the quality of targets necessary. Like I said, trade for Phil Rivers and I'd get on board.

I don't believe he'll get the targets or the quality of targets necessary. Like I said, trade for Phil Rivers and I'd get on board.

hrough 11 games, Watkins has 44 receptions for 827 yards and 9 touchdowns.

-Averages 18.8 yards per reception which is best in NFL

-Catches a 20+ yard pass on 34% of his receptions, good for 3rd in NFL, just behind Green Bay Packers’ James Jones and Jacksonville Jaguars’ Allen Robinson.

-15 catches of 20+ yards is T-16th in NFL

-9 receiving touchdowns is T-10th in NFL..... 2015 stats.

Maybe they are playing games with Sammy? Holding back on targets... Saying they wanna shop him around... Telling him he's not elite? Gotta try and save a few bucks on him somehow? Am I right?

-Catches a 20+ yard pass on 34% of his receptions, good for 3rd in NFL, just behind Green Bay Packers’ James Jones and Jacksonville Jaguars’ Allen Robinson.

Just gave you some of his nice numbers for 2015. Now if you continue to claim TT had nothing to do with it-it was all Watkins-then why bring in a better passer?

-Catches a 20+ yard pass on 34% of his receptions, good for 3rd in NFL, just behind Green Bay Packers James Jones and Jacksonville Jaguars Allen Robinson.

11 games is 16 and 800 yards is 1400. What a time to be alive folks.

A shame that all of 2015 had to be played, not just his hot stretch.

Edited by jmc12290

Strictly looking at the historical correlation between targets and production, and taking into account the respective passers involved, it appears to be far more dependent upon quantity than quality.

That's why guys like Allen Robinson and Brandon Marshall show well.

11 games is 16 and 800 yards is 1400. What a time to be alive folks.

A shame that all of 2015 had to be played, not just his hot stretch.

A shame that the entire second half of 2015 TT and Watkins were one of the best duos in the NFL which may have continued into 2016 had Watkins not played injured and also missed many games. No credit to TT for this hot stretch. I see. All Watkins. What a time to be alive folks, is right.

-Catches a 20+ yard pass on 34% of his receptions, good for 3rd in NFL, just behind Green Bay Packers James Jones and Jacksonville Jaguars Allen Robinson.

Small sample size.

The fact is that Tyrod was throwing up alot of deep balls that Watkins was making plays on during that stretch. It's not likely that he connects with Tyrod at that clip over the course of an entire season. We saw less success on deep throws last season...this may have been due to team's looking to take away one of Taylor's strengths.

What needs to happen is that Taylor needs to utilize more of the field and throw some more routes in order to fully utilize not only Watkins, but the other weapons we have like Clay who is often ignored due to Taylor's inability to read the middle of the field.

These are things many of us have been saying for quite some time, and in order for this offense to truly be successful...it's gonna take a better passing game...a more complex system that takes advantage of our strong run game and the other weapons we have that can catch the ball.

Fix that, and this team can win games when they matter most.

Small sample size.

The fact is that Tyrod was throwing up alot of deep balls that Watkins was making plays on during that stretch. It's not likely that he connects with Tyrod at that clip over the course of an entire season. We saw less success on deep throws last season...this may have been due to team's looking to take away one of Taylor's strengths.

What needs to happen is that Taylor needs to utilize more of the field and throw some more routes in order to fully utilize not only Watkins, but the other weapons we have like Clay who is often ignored due to Taylor's inability to read the middle of the field.

These are things many of us have been saying for quite some time, and in order for this offense to truly be successful...it's gonna take a better passing game...a more complex system that takes advantage of our strong run game and the other weapons we have that can catch the ball.

Watkins played injured in 2016 and missed many games.

Small sample size.

Looked to me in that second Miami game that they had that connection going good again. That's right-all Watkins, not TT, until it's scrub WRs than it's all on TT. SMH.

Small sample size.

Wait a minute-11 games is a small sample size?