Favorite movie about High School?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, American Graffiti is a " High School movie". It's about kids who are either in HS or just out of HS. It's also about decisions HS kids had to make -- and still have to make -- about their futures.

they were in high school so it could still be considered and imo is, a high school movie.

Alright, you both make good points.

"American Graffiti" is an outstanding movie, so this would be a favorite of mine.

Carrie.

Good pick. Did not occur to me to think of this movie.

No Small Affair, another underrated teen type movie. One of Demi Moore's first films. Curious if anyone heard of it.

https://youtu.be/lYfDE27g9Ec

Would you put "Dead Poets Society" in this category? I suppose it is high school based (private).

Same with "Taps" which was one of my favorites as a kid...before anyone really knew who Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn, Tom Cruise were. Military high school.

Love gleaming the cube!! Good call!

Anyone remember them movie Airborne?. It was about a surfer who moved to Cincinnati and got into an epic rollerblading race. had a very young jack black in it. Great flick!

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0106233/

Brittany Powell is really hot in that movie, in a simple girl kinda way.

Favorites:

Dazed and Confused

Breakfast Club

Sixteen Candles (no more yanky my wanky, the donger need food)

Edited by flomoe

Would you put "Dead Poets Society" in this category? I suppose it is high school based (private).

Same with "Taps" which was one of my favorites as a kid...before anyone really knew who Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn, Tom Cruise were. Military high school.

prep school movies are almost their own category: dead poet's society, scent of a woman, school ties, arguably harry potter.

Oh I agree VB had some humor and is a reasonable stop when flipping channels aimlessly on a Friday night. Especially for the hot teacher in the strip club scene. But the characters were all pretty silly.

I hated Remember the Titans.

that was too much drama to be high school

same with remember the titans. remember the titans had absolutely nothing of merit to it, as well, in a strictly film aspect.

I've always heard that was Friday Night Lights.

I can live with the last 45 seconds being a little Hollywoodish so we can go home happy for Steph, compared to 2 hours of one cliched character and line after another in Remember the Titans.

:lol: at all the hate for "Remember the Titans".

I agree with all of you. That movie is cliche maximus.

There are some really good "back to high school" movies, like where people go back disguised as HS students or travel through time.

Never been kissed (drew Barrymore), and 17 again (Zak efron) are both great.

Back to the Future? Ferris Buellers Day Off?

In no particular order:

Fast Times

Breakfast Club

Weird Science

Sixteen Candles

American Pie

Well done, great list.

Gone with the Wind

Wasn't that during middle school?

:)