Taylor and Watkins can be dangerous

Nice vid. It's sad that both might not be on the team next year. They make highlight plays but how about consistent simple plays to move the sticks? We need more consistency and we need these guys on the field together and healthy

Edited by kdiggz

Nice vid. It's sad that both might not be on the team next year. They make highlight plays but how about consistent simple plays to move the sticks? We need more consistency and we need these guys on the field together and healthy

Lets hope for the best.

thanks cover1,

Sweet highlight reel :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Sad? Slow your roll, the season hasn't even started brother. Consistency is the key, lets wait and see how the O performs.

He may not be handed the job but there is no doubt that these two, when on their games and healthy are a dangerous duo.

http://www.cover1.net/2017/05/tyrod-taylor-sammy-watkins/

Not being handed the job is purely semantics. All the coaches know there is nobody on this team that poses any real threat to unseat Taylor as the starting QB.

Not being handed the job is purely semantics. All the coaches know there is nobody on this team that poses any real threat to unseat Taylor as the starting QB.

I'm not saying you're wrong but the beane interview made it seem like they want a guy that can do timing routes and is more of a pocket passer. He's definitely got the skill set to do it but he still has a lot of learning to do.

Let's hope so.

Dangerous is cool... LETHAL is better... I'm afraid I must insist on a QB-WR/TE combo capable of putting defenses out to pasture... Brady to Gronk... Rodgers to Nelson... Dak to Dez... Kelly to Reed... I want there to be no answer... No defense against it... Brutal, unfair, unabated, whoopass on opposing teams.... I realize that must be developed and nurtured.. Hopefully Dennison realizes that too... Go Bills.

Edited by #34fan

I'm not saying you're wrong but the beane interview made it seem like they want a guy that can do timing routes and is more of a pocket passer. He's definitely got the skill set to do it but he still has a lot of learning to do.

That's why they traded with KC to get an extra 1st for next year...they are targeting next year to take a QB in the first round...I'm talking about the QB's purely on the roster as being no threat to Tyrod.

No doubt that the Taylor to Watkins deep ball connection is dangerous, but what else is there?

Tyrod can't consistantly get the ball to Watkins, and Watkins has trouble staying healthy.

I'd trade both of these guys and their flashes of talent for lesser but more consistent and durable players.

These two are too hit a miss for my taste.

Just curious

Is there anybody on this team you actually like?

I like Watkins, but he's been hurt and underutilized when he does play.

Sorry I don't worship all Bills like you do.

They are all clearly amazing, as you can tell with our 17 year playoff drought.

Is there any reason you felt the need to take a derog slam at me.....I was simply askng if there were players on the team that you liked.

I assume there are....why else would your root for the team?

Nah. That's your opinion of what they know. What they almost certainly do know is that someone unseating Taylor this year is very unlikely, but not impossible.

Stuff happens. Guys regress. Other guys take huge steps up. What they'll do, they'll watch. Barring injuries, what they're likely to see is Tyrod performing better than the others, in which case he'll get the job this year. But you never know.

He really isn't going to be handed the job.

I mean, you're right that it's a cliche. But it's a cliche for a reason.

Edited by Thurman#1

He may not be handed the job but there is no doubt that these two, when on their games and healthy are a dangerous duo.

http://www.cover1.net/2017/05/tyrod-taylor-sammy-watkins/

I couldn't get through it. Sorry. Looked like the plays were nice, but videos like this drive me insane. Just show me the play. Don't cut every tenth of a second. If you must give me music, OK, though it's not necessary but just show me the whole play.

In any case, they had a terrific run together, but it was short, and it was in Tyrod's first year, when teams hadn't fully figured out how to defense him yet. Last year they seemed to figure that out. Sammy and Tyrod will have to show it again, nobody should assume that because it happened for around nine games two seasons ago under different management with different schemes, it's a sure thing again.

You'd absolutely expect that things should improve if they get Sammy healthy. But how much?

In any case, I hope Sammy can stay healthy and show what he can do for the whole year.

Sammy and Tyrod work well together. The problem is that often Sammy gots forgotten.

You forgot to add they work well together when Tyrod throws deep. And really anyone will be successful if they are taking deep shots to a phenominal WR in Watkins. Besides that...there is little to no chemistry, and their connection is not very strong.

Is there any reason you felt the need to take a derog slam at me.....I was simply askng if there were players on the team that you liked.

I assume there are....why else would your root for the team?

I don't mean this confrontationally but to be fair you have turned into "that guy" on this board, so you might want to expect people to have that reaction to you sometimes. It comes with the schtick, for better or worse.

Nah. That's your opinion of what they know. What they almost certainly do know is that someone unseating Taylor this year is very unlikely, but not impossible.

Stuff happens. Guys regress. Other guys take huge steps up. What they'll do, they'll watch. Barring injuries, what they're likely to see is Tyrod performing better than the others, in which case he'll get the job this year. But you never know.

He really isn't going to be handed the job.

I mean, you're right that it's a cliche. But it's a cliche for a reason.

That may be the case, but there is no open competition or splitting reps like 2 years ago. That means they clearly expect Taylor to be their starter. You also don't pay a guy $15 million to sit on the bench as a backup. Edited by matter2003

Yea...This is so easily attainable.

It isn't... Like I said it the post, it has to be developed and nurtured... Scott, if you need an improvement for your home, you go out and get it... Sometimes it requires research, many trips to Loew's, Sometimes a professional has to come in and install it for you... Still, you get it done... I don't think being a true fan means putting up with excuses ad nauseum... At a certain point, all the stops must be pulled out.

I couldn't get through it. Sorry. Looked like the plays were nice, but videos like this drive me insane. Just show me the play. Don't cut every tenth of a second. If you must give me music, OK, though it's not necessary but just show me the whole play.

In any case, they had a terrific run together, but it was short, and it was in Tyrod's first year, when teams hadn't fully figured out how to defense him yet. Last year they seemed to figure that out. Sammy and Tyrod will have to show it again, nobody should assume that because it happened for around nine games two seasons ago under different management with different schemes, it's a sure thing again.

You'd absolutely expect that things should improve if they get Sammy healthy. But how much?

In any case, I hope Sammy can stay healthy and show what he can do for the whole year.

Opposite here Thurm, already seen the plays before and enjoyed the remix/music so well watched it 5 times,

I'll make it 6 now...

We have made Sammy our new Lee Evans. Such a waste of guy who is such a more complete overall receiver.

Barring health, and that's on Sammy and his body, he should have 90-100 catches.

Good things happen on the field when Sammy touches it at least 8 times a game

Im hoping Dennyson can work it out

Good things happen on the field when Sammy touches it at least 8 times a game

Im hoping Dennyson can work it out

It's on Tyrod. Throw it to a receiver in space and on the move so they can pick up YAC, which was Watkins specialty in college. Stupid me, I knocked him for catching so many short passes.

Tyrod does throw a pretty deep ball. I wish he was better at the other throws though.

It's on Tyrod. Throw it to a receiver in space and on the move so they can pick up YAC, which was Watkins specialty in college. Stupid me, I knocked him for catching so many short passes.

Tyrod does throw a pretty deep ball. I wish he was better at the other throws though.

Im not going to make TT excuses here.....trying not to beat that drum so much.

I will say that one of the things about Roman (and in turn his understudy) that was echo'd from other teams fans

- Great running game

- Limited passing tree

I want to see what things look like under a new set of coaches with a new offensive scheme

You forgot to add they work well together when Tyrod throws deep. And really anyone will be successful if they are taking deep shots to a phenominal WR in Watkins. Besides that...there is little to no chemistry, and their connection is not very strong.

Exactly that KC game is a strong indicator if how Tyrod struggles to get Sammy the ball. People are fooled by the so called second half of the season. Tyrod still struggled to get Sammy the ball. The big illusion was the yards Sammy was gaining on the minimum chances he was getting. Look at the Houston game that year. The only game Tyrod got Sammy the ball on a consistent basis was that last Jets game. That's why I say if I'm the Bills all I want to see I'd Sammy healthy for the majority of the season. I really don't expect much with Tyrod under center

Im not going to make TT excuses here.....trying not to beat that drum so much.

I will say that one of the things about Roman (and in turn his understudy) that was echo'd from other teams fans

- Great running game

- Limited passing tree

I want to see what things look like under a new set of coaches with a new offensive scheme

I think we look to hard to blame Roman for all of Tyrod's fault. I'd argue his "limited" passing tree was because he had very limited passers like Kaep, Tyrod, & Alex Smith. Those were 3 of the worst passing starting qbs in the NFL.

That said, I hope you're right. I honestly never heard of RD until we hired him.

Tyrod doesn't have great ball-placement on his throws.... (*sigh*) Cardale either :( ..... This is where a kid like Peterman can come in and best BOTH of them... Not saying it will happen.... But a QB who can give WR's a CHANCE to make plays will start this season... Deuce Peterman has a CLEAR opening... Will he walk through it is the question.....

Tyrod doesn't have great ball-placement on his throws.... (*sigh*) Cardale either :( ..... This is where a kid like Peterman can come in and best BOTH of them... Not saying it will happen.... But a QB who can give WR's a CHANCE to make plays will start this season... Deuce Peterman has a CLEAR opening... Will he walk through it is the question.....

I just feel like teams would game plan the opposite for Peterman as they do for Tyrod. With TT, you take away the deep passes, try to keep him in the pocket, and take your chances with him on underneath passes. With Peterman, you would take away the short stuff and force him to throw over the top to beat you, a la Fitz and Trent.

I will say that accuracy does seem to be more important than arm strength in the NFL. It also seems easier to get a slightly stronger arm than suddenly become accurate.

The good points you do sometimes make are ruined by your sarcasm and nasty attitude.

We're all Bills fans. We've all endured 17 years of suffering together. Why add to that pain by being mean to your brothers-in-arms?