Russ Brandon played a role in the GM search

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're all a bunch of ungrateful bastards.

If it wasn't for Russ, there's no way the Bills would have been able to get Psy to perform Gangnam Style in Toronto at halftime in that game against Seattle.

You're all a bunch of ungrateful bastards.

If it wasn't for Russ, there's no way the Bills would have been able to get Psy to perform Gangnam Style in Toronto at halftime in that game against Seattle.

I agree, I think that was the highlight of the season.

This was posted in the "cleaning house" thread a week or so ago. I have no problem with it being posted again for people who didn't see it, but lets not pretend that Pegula isn't going to take the words of his respected employees, no matter how much you want to put the blame of 17 years of bad football on one guy because he "must" be the problem if nothing else is.

This shows that he was one of the five or six guys who submitted a list, correct? And then nothing after that?

I've got no real problem with that.

Wonder if he put Marrone on his list?......;)

Wasnt beane basically a foregone conclusion, a poorly kept secret, and the preference of mcdermott? Even while whaley was still employed?

Any of us could have put him on a "list"

I dunno man. My whole list woulda just been:

-I am Groot

-I am Groot

-I am Groot

-I am Groot?

-I am Groot

...Russ's may have been similar.

Yesterday's news, so my apologies if this was already discussed & merged into another thread. I did use the search function, but didn't find anything.

Buffalo Bills president and managing partner Russ Brandon gets a lot of flack from fans as one of the only employees who has been with the organization’s front office throughout the entire 17-year playoff drought. Don’t look now, but team owner Terry Pegula says Brandon - who he calls “Russ”, just to avoid confusion with “Brandon” Beane - was involved in the general manager search, too.

"When we started this process, we -- Kim, myself, Russ was involved, and others -- we put together four or five lists of potential candidates, cross-referenced them, and, you know, Sean was one of the individuals [involved in our search]," Pegula said. "Brandon's name showed up on most of the lists, if not all of them. So from that, and from discussions with people outside the organization, we picked the candidates we wanted to interview. But Sean's involvement was no more than writing a name on a piece of paper, which he wrote seven or eight names."

While Brandon was the nominal general manager for a brief time, it was as a go-between for owner Ralph Wilson and the football decision makers at the time, led by head coach Dick Jauron. This is likely as close to a “football decision” that Brandon will get under the Pegulas. His duties now includes President of the Buffalo Sabres as well as other sports interests under the Pegula Sports Entertainment umbrella.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/17/15651810/buffalo-bills-general-manager-search-russ-brandon-involved-brandon-beane-sean-mcdermott

What?!? The Managing Partner and President of the Bills played a role in hiring a GM? Shocking!

Things look like they are going in the right direction for the first time in a long time with the Bills.

The front office is packed with up and coming, well-respected, smart and experienced young people who are hungry for success.

The head coach fits the same bill.

If it all works out we will be happy and more than willing to give Russ some credit for his role in the process. Bills fans only have an issue with Russ Brandon because the team isn't winning. Once they start winning it will be all love all the time around here.

IF we are REALLY lucky the Bills AND Sabres will start winning at the same time.

What?!? The Managing Partner and President of the Bills played a role in hiring a GM? Shocking!

THE NERVE!

Not to mention that the guy does have 20 of years experience in the NFL (for better or worse), but in an industry that small he's bound to have some contacts that could provide at least some insight on potential GM candidates...