Russ Brandon played a role in the GM search

Yesterday's news, so my apologies if this was already discussed & merged into another thread. I did use the search function, but didn't find anything.

Buffalo Bills president and managing partner Russ Brandon gets a lot of flack from fans as one of the only employees who has been with the organization’s front office throughout the entire 17-year playoff drought. Don’t look now, but team owner Terry Pegula says Brandon - who he calls “Russ”, just to avoid confusion with “Brandon” Beane - was involved in the general manager search, too.

"When we started this process, we -- Kim, myself, Russ was involved, and others -- we put together four or five lists of potential candidates, cross-referenced them, and, you know, Sean was one of the individuals [involved in our search]," Pegula said. "Brandon's name showed up on most of the lists, if not all of them. So from that, and from discussions with people outside the organization, we picked the candidates we wanted to interview. But Sean's involvement was no more than writing a name on a piece of paper, which he wrote seven or eight names."

While Brandon was the nominal general manager for a brief time, it was as a go-between for owner Ralph Wilson and the football decision makers at the time, led by head coach Dick Jauron. This is likely as close to a “football decision” that Brandon will get under the Pegulas. His duties now includes President of the Buffalo Sabres as well as other sports interests under the Pegula Sports Entertainment umbrella.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/17/15651810/buffalo-bills-general-manager-search-russ-brandon-involved-brandon-beane-sean-mcdermott

Edited by Buffalo86

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a lie ... We've been told Russ has no input anymore when it comes to front office, coaching or roster.

Close this thread.

You have to admit, it's pretty comical to hear "Russ Brandon will no longer be involved in football decisions."

Every. Single. Year.

Russ Brandon is a cancer that sells Koolaid! We are all drinking it and getting sick! Most of us have been sick for a very very long time now...this cancer has to go for us to get better! Unfortunately, we won't get better anytime soon!

Russ Brandon is a cancer that sells Koolaid! We are all drinking it and getting sick! Most of us have been sick for a very very long time now...this cancer has to go for us to get better! Unfortunately, we won't get better anytime soon!

So, just don't but it. I'm actually feeling pretty good about all of this. Could it be your glucose levels? :)

You have to admit, it's pretty comical to hear "Russ Brandon will no longer be involved in football decisions."

Every. Single. Year.

Haha... Right?

Every year people act like it's stupid to believe Russ was involved in anything. And then it becomes apparent that he was, as always.

And I'm delusional because I would rather his stench be removed. I realize now though, as with Ralph; he wiggled himself up the owners butt despite decades of failure. So I must learn to live with it.

So, just don't but it. I'm actually feeling pretty good about all of this. Could it be your glucose levels? :)

It is my glocose level! It's been building up for 17 years now! I'm surprised I've made it this far. Maybe, it's the koolaid he's been selling. It is clear you're not affected by it!

It seems Russ may (in part) have used his experience, knowledge and connections to help the owners put multiple layers of serious football people between him.....and football.

I really don't understand all the hate.

It is my glocose level! It's been building up for 17 years now! I'm surprised I've made it this far. Maybe, it's the koolaid he's been selling. It is clear you're not affected by it!

It may be genetic....I might be immune?

The 17 year thing is getting more than annoying. It's petty. Clock starts over with the new owners. If you don't see that you just WANT to be miserable.

It seems Russ may (in part) have used his experience, knowledge and connections to help the owners put multiple layers of serious football people between him.....and football.

I really don't understand all the hate.

i prefer to think that it was a very, very small part. He may have been in the room, but he's been humbled by so much failure on the football side of operations, from every bad move before 2013 thru hiring Marrone to promoting Whaley. Everything he's touched has been absolute ****.

Whatever though, it doesn't matter, he's irrelevant anymore.

Edited by Rico

i prefer to think that it was a very, very small part. He may have been in the room, but he's been humbled by so much failure on the football side of operations, from every bad move before 2013 thru hiring Marrone to promoting Whaley. Everything he's touched has been absolute ****.

Whatever though, it doesn't matter, he's irrelevant anymore.

Well, the Bills are still in Buffalo, and that's my #1 test, and his #1 job.

I agree, I hope it was a small part, but if he had anything that could help, I certainly expect they were wise enough to take full advantage. Doesn't that make sense?

Well, the Bills are still in Buffalo, and that's my #1 test, and his #1 job.

I agree, I hope it was a small part, but if he had anything that could help, I certainly expect they were wise enough to take full advantage. Doesn't that make sense?

Makes sense to have him sit there and STFU while McD and Pegs did all the talking.

"Yes sir, Terry"

"Yes sir, Sean"

Edited by Rico

Makes sense to have him sit there and STFU while McD and Pegs did all the talking.

"Yes sir, Terry"

"Yes sir, Sean"

I don't know, or even care, if he was in the room. But I do believe he may have had some helpful insight in the process. That's all.