DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yes.

How much are former first presidents (so former first ladies as a degree of separation) given access to? And, how long is that relevant?

(For instance, I think Obama would have more access than Carter, but what do I know?)

As far as I know, everything, forever.  I don't know that anyone's ever bothered thinking of limiting it.

34 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I can understand a former Secretary of State being given access to classified information.

But why exactly does the First Lady has a Security Clearance?  And why do former FLOTUS need access to classified info? 

First Ladies are given the same access on the basis that you can't reasonably expect the President to keep all classified info away from his spouse.

Basically, the President spends his life in a great big virtual SCIF, so the First Lady gets granted a clearance to reside there with him.

Reading this, she "requested" her security clearance be removed (and it happened in August). 

Possibly for testifying purposes? Something to do with the Judicial Watch/Benghazi suit? 
To avoid the "removed for corruption" headline (asked for it to be removed when she told it was going to be removed)?
If she "requested" her security clearance be removed, does that mean she still has some sort of clearance as a former first lady (this has to be the first time a former first lady "requested" her clearance be removed)?  Is it a different clearance than the what she had as SOS?

49 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

First Ladies are given the same access on the basis that you can't reasonably expect the President to keep all classified info away from his spouse.

Basically, the President spends his life in a great big virtual SCIF, so the First Lady gets granted a clearance to reside there with him.

Fair enough

But why does a former first lady need an active clearance?

15 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Fair enough

But why does a former first lady need an active clearance?

How does what I wrote not cover former First Ladies as well?

Really, your time would be better spent questioning Chelsea's access to classified information via the Clinton Foundation.

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Really, your time would be better spent questioning Chelsea's access to classified information via the Clinton Foundation.

She's a Rear Admiral, why wouldn't she?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm not saying it doesn't cover them.  I'm asking what reason do Rosalyn Carter, Laura Bush, or Michelle Obama need to have access to currently classified information?

I guess my question boils down to having clearance vice a need to know

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Because it's her birthright?

On 10/12/2018 at 3:38 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

This is well worth the read. It really ties all the players and timelines together:

Spygate: The True Story of Collusion
How America’s most powerful agencies were weaponized against President Donald Trump

This is really worth the read. Jeff NAILS it. He's one of the best writers out there on this vast, and complicated subject. His research and data are top notch. :beer: 

@PromoTheRobot this write up has a lot of information, along with the other write up I linked you to a few weeks ago now, are worth checking out. Sorry for the delay! 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Rhetorical question of the day:  If that's true then who outside the FBI knew this, and for how long, and why did anyone let this charade go on for more than one day longer than it could have?

• Like (+1) 2

What this dance tells me about where the plan stands today:

We're 22 days out from the midterms, meaning we're now too close to the election for any sort of major shake up. This was my fear when it became apparent the roll out was being timed to the political optics of the midterm (two hurricanes and Kavanaugh's confirmation fight closed the only windows they had to roll it out in time). Had the Kavanaugh hearing not galvanized the never Trumpers, the base, and the independents as much as it has - or as much as the GOP pollsters believe - I think there might still be a chance we get some major shakeups before November 6th, but not now. With the momentum behind the GOP post Kavanaugh, I think some new calculus is being done as to how best to handle the next steps in the roll out process without rocking the electoral boat.

* Indictments would rock the boat, and allow the Dems to claim political persecution right before the midterms - that will be avoided.

* Firing Mueller or RR would accomplish the same feat for the left, thus likely cannot be done until after November 6th.

* The OIG report will be held until after the election per DOJ policy, despite the report being in the final phases of review. 

That just leaves the declass as the only remaining (Russia related) bombshell to come before November 6th - and I'm 60/40 on whether they'll drop it before the election. If they do, it'll be timed to be as damaging as possible to the left's prospects at the ballot box, which means it'll be strategically deployed - or delayed - until the last minute to help mitigate any deflections the dems try. 

The goal of the slow roll out of evidence we've seen has always been to try to expose the truth to the masses without triggering a shooting civil war. It sure does seem like Trump and company are VERY confident at the moment in keeping the House and gaining in the Senate. Holding this reveal back until after a major GOP upset at the polls (giving them a national mandate they could use as a shield in the months to come) would make the revelations all the more damning and lessen the likelihood of massive unrest (but won't eliminate it entirely). 

... But now they're putting a lot of chips on November 6th. They better not drop the ball.

It's on the people to help them out. VOTE. VOTE. VOTE. 

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What this dance tells me about where the plan stands today:

We're 22 days out from the midterms, meaning we're now too close to the election for any sort of major shake up. This was my fear when it became apparent the roll out was being timed to the political optics of the midterm (two hurricanes and Kavanaugh's confirmation fight closed the only windows they had to roll it out in time). Had the Kavanaugh hearing not galvanized the never Trumpers, the base, and the independents as much as it has - or as much as the GOP pollsters believe - I think there might still be a chance we get some major shakeups before November 6th, but not now. With the momentum behind the GOP post Kavanaugh, I think some new calculus is being done as to how best to handle the next steps in the roll out process without rocking the electoral boat.

* Indictments would rock the boat, and allow the Dems to claim political persecution right before the midterms - that will be avoided.

* Firing Mueller or RR would accomplish the same feat for the left, thus likely cannot be done until after November 6th.

* The OIG report will be held until after the election per DOJ policy, despite the report being in the final phases of review. 

That just leaves the declass as the only remaining (Russia related) bombshell to come before November 6th - and I'm 60/40 on whether they'll drop it before the election. If they do, it'll be timed to be as damaging as possible to the left's prospects at the ballot box, which means it'll be strategically deployed - or delayed - until the last minute to help mitigate any deflections the dems try. 

The goal of the slow roll out of evidence we've seen has always been to try to expose the truth to the masses without triggering a shooting civil war. It sure does seem like Trump and company are VERY confident at the moment in keeping the House and gaining in the Senate. Holding this reveal back until after a major GOP upset at the polls (giving them a national mandate they could use as a shield in the months to come) would make the revelations all the more damning and lessen the likelihood of massive unrest (but won't eliminate it entirely). 

... But now they're putting a lot of chips on November 6th. They better not drop the ball.

It's on the people to help them out. VOTE. VOTE. VOTE. 

Can't agree that we're too close to the election.  People are so short sighted these days the BK SC thing has probably lost some of its' luster already.  Exposing more of the truth about the 2016/2017 FBI abuse would best be done in a week or two.  Personally I think the Muller probe is holding all this up with Mueller and his team determined to drag out their work as long as possible simply to protect their comrades and friends.  Not to mention extend their paychecks.  That has to end first before Trump's DOJ will lower the boom. 

What we're also learning from all this is that the layers of protection among Washington bureaucrats and media are even thicker than we thought.  It's proving very difficult to fully expose these people as the protection apparatus runs very deep. 

• Like (+1) 1

More on the newest McCabe drop - which seems to show he was behind leaking the Flynn call to the Post. 

Which... if true... means McCabe is going away for a long time.

20 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Can't agree that we're too close to the election.  People are so short sighted these days the BK SC thing has probably lost some of its' luster already.  Exposing more of the truth about the 2016/2017 FBI abuse would best be done in a week or two.  Personally I think the Muller probe is holding all this up with Mueller and his team determined to drag out their work as long as possible simply to protect their comrades and friends.  Not to mention extend their paychecks.  That has to end first before Trump's DOJ will lower the boom. 

What we're also learning from all this is that the layers of protection among Washington bureaucrats and media are even thicker than we thought.  It's proving very difficult to fully expose these people as the protection apparatus runs very deep. 

Fair and reasoned analysis :beer:

The reason why the election will cause a delay, in my view, is not because people's attention spans are long but because they don't want to give the guilty parties a chance to claim it's political retribution and energize civil unrest. Don't get me wrong, they'll make that claim regardless of when the charges are brought - but it has much less of an impact if that happens in an off election cycle than two weeks before arguably the most hyped midterm election of our lifetime. 

I'm operating under the premise that the election, while important for a lot of other reasons, is not important to the investigation into the FISA abuse and the coup attempt itself as all of that work is being done by the DOJ/Huber/Sessions not Congress or its committees. With or without a majority in the House, the cases have already been made and GJs empaneled (and delivered many sealed indictments). A blue wave can't stop that work, or alter its outcome... but it can increase the odds of civil unrest tenfold imo. 

More news coming out, Wolfe's plea was released: 

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5002613-James-Wolfe-Plea-Agreement.html

This is big. He plead down from three felonies to one... so he gave something to Sessions' leak hunter unit.

• Like (+1) 2

He absolutely leaked the unredacted FISA to the NYTs, all 83 pages of it (to Ali Watkins whom he was sleeping with). There's more than enough evidence to prove this happened, and when it happened. 

He made a deal. And that's real bad news for the Senators on the SSCI. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Page is going to end up a very rich man when the dust settles. 

Part of why the General's sentencing just keeps getting pushed, and pushed, and pushed...

None of this matters to those who made their mind. Because resist!

It's like most of the media have gone to a movie, suspended their disbelief, and are wallowing through a LARP. 

They seem hypnotized and zombie-like in their machinations where they follow the daily script written for them.

Many truly are NPCs. 

Investigative reporting is a dying craft. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Paid media asset Haberman pays as much attention to the news as Gator does. 

(Calling for a thread title change... Manafort's weeks old now)

He won't change it.  He's not interested in honest discussion.

He's going to delete the thread once the worm turns.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

He won't change it.  He's not interested in honest discussion.

He's going to delete the thread once the worm turns.

But Darin or any other mod can give it an new erection if he does 

23 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Biggest part of the above, the evidence that McCabe was behind the General Flynn targeting. He (more than likely) leaked the unmasked call transcript to the Washington Post after personally directing Strzok to go after Flynn in the now infamous interview. 

Look out.

(more to the thread if you click)

Goodlatte knows what it's about. The fact he's tweeting this today - the same day Simpson took the fifth - is not coincidental. Things are moving now that Justice Kavanaugh is in place. I have MUCH more to say about this, and will write up a post tonight, but remember that Flynn's sentencing has been delayed for almost a year to this point. Also recall that the original judge assigned to Flynn's case, Judge Contreas, recused himself from the case just before the sentencing (and just days after the first batch of Page/Strzok texts leaked to the media - exposing the conspirators). Contreas was also a FISA judge, with a relationship with Peter Strzok that Lisa Page and Comey tried to exploit to get warrants on Trump's team.

Finally recall that there has been conflicting Congressional testimonies from Comey, McCabe, and Strzok about whether or not Flynn lied at all in that interview. The only evidence of that interview are in the form of Strzok and the other agent's 302s. These are the official forms filled out by FBI agents after interviews and are considered sworn affidavits. 

After all that, now remember that part of the documents being stonewalled from Congress by RR are those exact 302s from the Flynn interview.

That brings us back to the questions about RR himself. It's either RR is denying Congress those 302s because he knows they're exculpatory for Flynn and is trying to protect the coup attempt, or RR is working with/been flipped and is denying these records to Congress because it leaks like a sieve and he's trying to protect the integrity of the counter intelligence investigation/grand juries et al. 

Either way, it doesn't matter. Goodlatte knows what those 302s say. So do we, for the most part. Flynn is the only person from Trump's inner circle indicted by Mueller, if his plea is torn up and he's declared innocent it's over for Mueller's probe and would shatter the faith on the left in his competency since they KNOW Flynn is guilty... they've been told this over and over and over again by the media and Adam Schiffs of the world. 

For that reason, the timing of when Flynn is sentenced... or not sentenced... is crucial to the timing of the entire counter-sting operation. I've said, and maintain, the declass will be the trigger for the rest, the very next step would be Flynn's exoneration (and the removal of his gag order... the man knows how to convey his message and wants to talk). If Goodlatte is tweeting this today, that means we're getting close. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/14/2018 at 11:35 AM, B-Man said:

The only question that I have left is........................

Will Mueller release something to influence the 2018 election .........in November..........or in late October ?

I guess it's October.

th?id=OIP.pNJp5z7_A0KSv1pMCq-XLgHaE7&w=263&h=172&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

Mueller Ready to Deliver Key Findings...

.ADDED:

My thanks to Koko for the November update

Edited by B-Man

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I guess it's October.

th?id=OIP.pNJp5z7_A0KSv1pMCq-XLgHaE7&w=263&h=172&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

Mueller Ready to Deliver Key Findings...

Edit: Looks like they're going to drop in November:

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is expected to issue findings on core aspects of his Russia probe soon after the November midterm elections as he faces intensifying pressure to produce more indictments or shut down his investigation, according to two U.S. officials.

Edited by Koko78
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Edit: Looks like they're going to drop in November:

A SURE sign he has nothing to offer in terms of collusion or obstruction. 

If he had something like that, it would drop/leak before. 

Instead, he'll deliver his findings after the midterm... as expected. And then the fun begins.

• Like (+1) 2