DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If I remember this correctly, Comey leaked these memos to his friend who leaked them to a reporter because of Trump's "James Comey better hope there are no 'tapes'" tweet.  Comey said he did it in order to possibly appoint a special prosecutor.  There are parts in this memo that was deemed classified.  I'm assuming Comey sent the unclassified memos to his friend.  Is that illegal?

Edited by Doc Brown

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If I remember this correctly, Comey leaked these memos to his friend who leaked them to a reporter because of Trump's "James Comey better hope there are no 'tapes'" tweet.  Comey said he did it in order to possibly appoint a special prosecutor.  There are parts in this memo that was deemed classified.  I'm assuming Comey sent the unclassified memos to his friend.  Is that illegal?

If they want to get technical, yes. Very much so. The Director's laptop (which he testified he typed these on) is a classified machine. Any document typed on a classified machine automatically assumes the same level classification. In this case, Top Secret or above. 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/46/503.59

Also, this is worth noting (click on it for more) - I haven't dug too deep into them yet to have more of an answer:

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

More just breaking now, WSJ reporting two of the memos Comey shared were classified. Horowitz looking into it more:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice-department-watchdog-probes-comey-memos-over-classified-information-1524243505?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/QdNIBhZfe0

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:
Release of Comey’s leaked memos seals his fate
American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson

Original Article

LOL, oh big fail here! 

They reveal the President would rather have peed on the first amendment and locked up journalists instead of actually trying to defend the country from hackers, Russians and Wikileaks. Hey swore an oath to defend the constitution. He thinks that is a joke 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Funny, I never heard gator make a peep about the first amendment or protecting journalists when 44 was actively spying and conjolling journalists in 2012 from reporting negative stuff on the Iran deal or Irs targeting scandals. 

What changed? 

What changed? A Russia attack on our election system which Trump is ignoring for some strange reason. Instead choosing to go after those that are exposing him. 

Yes, I understand that information about that attack has not penetrated your unreality bubble so you don't understand the point. The weather is nice here in reality based land, btw. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Funny, I never heard gator make a peep about the first amendment or protecting journalists when 44 was actively spying and conjolling journalists in 2012 from reporting negative stuff on the Iran deal or Irs targeting scandals. 

What changed? 

TDS.

The FDA is still working on medication for the disease.

• Like (+1) 2

they can't bother campaigning for November, they are suing Russia

does this now mean that because of Russia that the US Constitution is no longer valid, so Hillary gets to be President?

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they lost

and they STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL can't take it

so they are going to throw a tantrum

and think they are ruining it for everyone

Explain to me how these people can ever be taken seriously? HOW?

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they can't bother campaigning for November, they are suing Russia

does this now mean that because of Russia that the US Constitution is no longer valid, so Hillary gets to be President?

It is truly crazy what they are thinking and hoping... almost like they don't teach civics in high school any longer.

Me? I am hoping this lawsuit means the DNC has to turn over the servers they wouldn't allow the FBI to have (although not sure why - the FBI would have cleaned them -- with a cloth). 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It is truly crazy what they are thinking and hoping... almost like they don't teach civics in high school any longer.

Me? I am hoping this lawsuit means the DNC has to turn over the servers they wouldn't allow the FBI to have (although not sure why - the FBI would have cleaned them -- with a cloth). 

Beat me to it. :beer:

Good article: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
formatting
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Nice article, Trump would still rather pee on the first amendment rather than do anything to defend us from Russian attacks on our democracy. 

Your "but Obama" claim rates: A bogus attempt to change the subject. 

21 hours ago, snafu said:

If what you've been speculating is true then there's less need to negotiate anything.  

Adding a thought to our discussion yesterday... something I glossed over without highlighting: Rudy is a prosecutor, not a defense attorney. Going along with my speculation re Mueller, the "negotiation" could be more of a passing of the baton from one prosecutor to the other. 

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Um... page two: 

Comey tells Trump about the pee-tapes, which he knows (and admits to knowing on page 1) comes from the Steele Dossier, and that CNN has the information.  Trump is apparently surprised they haven't run with it, to which Comey responds: "it was inflammatory stuff that they would get killed for reporting straight up from the source reports".

Comey knew, and now everyone knows, that "source report" was the Steele Dossier... which was used by Comey (and others, but signed off on by Comey) as evidence in a FISA warrant. Not just evidence, but according to McCabe's own testimony, the FISA warrant wouldn't have been given without it. 

And here, in Comey's own memo, he says the media can't run it because they'd "get killed for reporting straight up from the source reports..." 

But it was good enough to bring before a FISA judge, Mr. Comey? 

Square that math. 

Such misinformation. Do you enjoying lying all the time? 

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They were his own notes

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Adding a thought to our discussion yesterday... something I glossed over without highlighting: Rudy is a prosecutor, not a defense attorney. Going along with my speculation re Mueller, the "negotiation" could be more of a passing of the baton from one prosecutor to the other. 

Not that I think any of it is a good idea, but to further your point, there would have to be a better choice, and I like Rudy to a certain extent.  If they were to go with a former Fed Prosecutor/Ardent Trump supporter, they'd be better off with Chris Christie.  Detractors would have a tougher time slamming that decision.