DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Whether Trump is the target or not, whether he's done something wrong or is innocent as a newborn child, I think it is bad optics to "negotiate an end" to the Mueller probe.  Makes it look like you've got something to give up in exchange for making Mueller go away. 1000% bad optics. And Rudy is a glory hound. 

12 minutes ago, snafu said:

Whether Trump is the target or not, whether he's done something wrong or is innocent as a newborn child, I think it is bad optics to "negotiate an end" to the Mueller probe.  Makes it look like you've got something to give up in exchange for making Mueller go away. 1000% bad optics. And Rudy is a glory hound. 

I don't disagree on either counts... if Mueller is investigating what most think. 

If he's doing what I've been speculating, then it makes complete sense. 

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't disagree on either counts... if Mueller is investigating what most think. 

If he's doing what I've been speculating, then it makes complete sense. 

If what you've been speculating is true then there's less need to negotiate anything.  

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

If what you've been speculating is true then there's less need to negotiate anything.  

True. And I know I'm being pedantic but I don't mean to be... but if I'm right, they're not really negotiating anything. It's all a show as we move to the next phase: indictments. 

To walk that out further... Rudy is brought on now because the Mueller probe will be closing soon (and announcing Trump's clean of collusion), Rudy will then be in the spotlight to do the TV circuit and explain to the audience the decision and "negotiation". Rudy's a good TV talking head for that job, and he could be useful for any NYC GJ's which may pop up in the near future.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

True. And I know I'm being pedantic but I don't mean to be... but if I'm right, they're not really negotiating anything. It's all a show as we move to the next phase: indictments. 

Understood, but it would carry much more weight if it didn't appear as if Team President had any influence in that aspect of the process.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I know how they knew... 

I'm stuck on the "only...part."  They hid some, but not all, the intel from the President?  Or they shared some, but not all, the evidence with the accused?

When does that ever start to make sense?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I'm stuck on the "only...part."  They hid some, but not all, the intel from the President?  Or they shared some, but not all, the evidence with the accused?

When does that ever start to make sense?

It makes sense because Trumps a Nazi.

3 hours ago, snafu said:

Yeah.  Rudy has been loose with his lips before.  Saying on tv he knew the FBI was about to revisit the Hillary e-mail saga before Comey announced their reopening the case prior to the election comes to mind.  All that sucking blood can cloud your judgment. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

To walk that out further... Rudy is brought on now because the Mueller probe will be closing soon (and announcing Trump's clean of collusion), Rudy will then be in the spotlight to do the TV circuit and explain to the audience the decision and "negotiation". Rudy's a good TV talking head for that job, and he could be useful for any NYC GJ's which may pop up in the near future.

I respect your tenacity on all the data and research provided. I have no idea how this will play out, nor do I know if all the players are positioned on the board as you have laid out.  To your credit, you've said as much. 

That said....I can not see an outcome where the government does not demand a pound of flesh for something, some way, some how.  There are far too many powerful people on record as saying the nastiest of things about Trump and Russia, and far too much money spent.  The nickel and dime b-llsh-t crimes against the lesser gods, fair or not, do not justify the time, money and foot stomping of the special counsel, and I simply cannot see the collective government stating "Ok guys, our bad, when we heard Trump and White Russians we misunderstood.".  I also think Trump lives and breathes in a world where he understands sometimes things got just go away.  

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Um... page two: 

Comey tells Trump about the pee-tapes, which he knows (and admits to knowing on page 1) comes from the Steele Dossier, and that CNN has the information.  Trump is apparently surprised they haven't run with it, to which Comey responds: "it was inflammatory stuff that they would get killed for reporting straight up from the source reports".

Comey knew, and now everyone knows, that "source report" was the Steele Dossier... which was used by Comey (and others, but signed off on by Comey) as evidence in a FISA warrant. Not just evidence, but according to McCabe's own testimony, the FISA warrant wouldn't have been given without it. 

And here, in Comey's own memo, he says the media can't run it because they'd "get killed for reporting straight up from the source reports..." 

But it was good enough to bring before a FISA judge, Mr. Comey? 

Square that math. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Statement from the House Intel committee to the memos:

https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=879

"These memos also lay bare the notion that former Director Comey is not motivated by animus. He was willing to work for someone he deemed morally unsuited for office, capable of lying, requiring of personal loyalty, worthy of impeachment, and sharing the traits of a mob boss. Former Director Comey was willing to overlook all of the aforementioned characteristics in order to keep his job. In his eyes, the real crime was his own firing."

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Andy's a real stand-up guy. Hell, he'll even be standing up in federal court before long!

Maybe after that he'll be bending over in federal prison for oh, maybe 5-10 years. I know, I know he will be sentenced to club med but denied Grey Poupon.