i still can't get used to no bbmb......

i am not sure what it is and i'm sure i'll get flamed but could care less. it just seems to me that i could go to the old board and read for hours. there was always new threads and takes. a lot of back and forth and generally good humor.

however, after that midnight shutdown and having to come here, i see the same tired threads that last for weeks and go to 40 pages.

the bills home site has fresher stuff than this and i always immediately used to just click on message boards. this is a tired, stale forum...imo.

there's only so much on billswire...hell, i'm forced to surf bleacher report. i don't know if anyone else feels the same ,but i miss the old message board. this place is a bore. i could log in once a week and see maybe two new threads or have to click on page 40 of something that's old news.

i know it's the offseason, but this just ain't the same.

any other of us labeled lowly refugees feel the same?

I agree with you... this is a good forum too but there is just not as many new threads as the bbmb

I could go on bbmb daily and find something.... on here i see the same threads every morning

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with you... this is a good forum too but there is just not as many new threads as the bbmb

I could go on bbmb daily and find something.... on here i see the same threads every morning

So is this thread an example of the new and exciting content you looked forward to each morning?

If we miss the playoffs again we can just blame the "refugee" BBMB members coming to TBD.

Is it me or everytime I hear the word refugee I imagine us former BBMB members in robes traveling across the desert to find refuge. :bag:

I picture a little pot bellied old man, sitting in a straw hut with a pair of torn Converse on his feet and a mesh tank top, wearing a Bills helmet, looking at me with sad eyes as Sally Struthers describes his plight and toward the end, he raises a wooden bowl, turns it toward the camera showing it is empty with the word "PLAYOFFS" inscribed on the side.

I like this place infinitely better, and I get that you may want to see new threads, but the threads on BBMB were not new threads, just the same topic phrased differently.

I do wish people would knock off the "This place was so much better before BBMB was taken down", its rather annoying and we get it

yes there were crappy posters there that came here, not all of them did (believe me this place could be worse) and I have seen crappy posters here too, some even been accused of being from bbmb and were not.

What I would like? For people to stop talking about bbmb. Its gone and not coming back, and is irrelevant. I was a poster there since 2003 (reading before that) but we are better off, time to move on

Edited by Bray Wyatt

FTR, the Buffalo Range is a disaster. Avoid it at all costs.

I came from there a few years ago after one of the mods went nuts, I questioned one of his personalities and was banned. They sent an email trying to get me to come back a year or two ago.

It was tough leaving a place that felt like home for a while. Tried a few different sites and settled here. I think I also came during the off season and pretty much hated it. Once training camp came around and Astros camp threads I was hooked.

There's a couple things that are annoying like navigating a 30 page thread on a phone one page at a time or having a mod send you a message saying your post doesn't contribute to the board and then they do the exact same thing over and over again. Oh well.

I picture a little pot bellied old man, sitting in a straw hut with a pair of torn Converse on his feet and a mesh tank top, wearing a Bills helmet, looking at me with sad eyes as Sally Struthers describes his plight and toward the end, he raises a wooden bowl, turns it toward the camera showing it is empty with the word "PLAYOFFS" inscribed on the side.

So, close to what I imagine :lol:

but the new threads on bbmb would be "comp picks", "omg were losing comp picks", "compensation picks talk about them here", "we're losing comp picks", "what is the gm doing (comp picks)", "comp pick formula and how were losing them", "mathematical equation for comp picks", "I haven't seen a thread about comp picks are we getting any?".

If we miss the playoffs again we can just blame the "refugee" BBMB members coming to TBD.

Is it me or everytime I hear the word refugee I imagine us former BBMB members in robes traveling across the desert to find refuge. :bag:

I hate that term, refugee, I was born in this country and fought for this country, yet I got a warning for calling someone a liberal

I hate that term, refugee, I was born in this country and fought for this country, yet I got a warning for calling someone a liberal

Oh, I hate it as well. The way it is used, it is very condescending but I look at the source where it's coming from and if that makes someone feel special then so be it. I just treat it like something one of my mental health patients would say.

As for personnel........the Bills came out of a deep draft with a shallow pool of picks and all seemingly low ceiling "need" picks facilitated mostly by free agent losses.

Free agency was a net loss.

Boring.

That sums it up.

I hear ya Badol.

It's hard to explain why, but I think that our replacement for Gilmore will be a better, more efficient player and an improvement at corner. Gilmore seemed to come up short on clutch plays from where I sat, and I was way less than pleased with his effort. Jmo.

Given the above, I was STILL not happy that the new regime purchased yet another ticket on the first round corner merry go-round. Doing so is a primary reason why we lose so many games.

The 2nd and 3rd round picks made sense, however trading up didn't seem to, and it made me flinch at the memory of a second rate Whaley getting fleeced for Watkins.

The hope I cling to is that getting rid of the clowns that were running things HAS to be an upgrade. I think it will be but you are right, it's not what one would call edge of your seat excitement at this point.

I like this place infinitely better, and I get that you may want to see new threads, but the threads on BBMB were not new threads, just the same topic phrased differently.

I do wish people would knock off the "This place was so much better before BBMB was taken down", its rather annoying and we get it

yes there were crappy posters there that came here, not all of them did (believe me this place could be worse) and I have seen crappy posters here too, some even been accused of being from bbmb and were not.

What I would like? For people to stop talking about bbmb. Its gone and not coming back, and is irrelevant. I was a poster there since 2003 (reading before that) but we are better off, time to move on

Kent Brockman gleefully welcomes his new ant overlords.

but the new threads on bbmb would be "comp picks", "omg were losing comp picks", "compensation picks talk about them here", "we're losing comp picks", "what is the gm doing (comp picks)", "comp pick formula and how were losing them", "mathematical equation for comp picks", "I haven't seen a thread about comp picks are we getting any?".

how is that different from here? :)

Pretty simple solution, leave. Nobody's forcing you to be here.

It's like you're complaining to your new girlfriend about how much you miss your old girlfriend.

Can we dump you?

Edited by Wooderson

I for one welcome any intelligent discourse from our refugees. Like it or not everyone, they are part of the family now.

That being said, if some refugees can't find it within to contribute positively then take it elsewhere.

We have enough problems being fans of this team.

Pretty simple solution, leave. Nobody's forcing you to be here.

It's like you're complaining to your new girlfriend about how much you miss your old girlfriend.

Can we dump you?

I know I'm sick of hearing about that place. A bunch of people have raided our house and are trying to convert it into their condemned house. Get over it and stop trying to ruin someone else's stuff.

No one on BBMB had fresh takes.

seriously dude. Get over yourself.

Just because my registration is recent, that doesn't mean people didn't know this place didn't exist.

Post there Lurk here.

I'd often see stuff written there and hours later seen it posted here. The issue that you may have is that you should learn to ignore the chaff.

I know I'm sick of hearing about that place. A bunch of people have raided our house and are trying to convert it into their condemned house. Get over it and stop trying to ruin someone else's stuff.

Your house? I thought it was the House of SDS.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

The bbmb did suck....

... But I miss it too.

Not sure what it is, or why really. Like a first day in a new house it doesn't feel like home. But it's been months. All the news is here. Other Bills fans are here. Many familiar IDs/avatars are here... But, years and years of posting and here we are, "newbies", and clearly not wanted/welcome, but I need my Bills fix.

Trust me, TBD, we would go home if it wasn't burned down in the middle of the night. But for now, you are stuck with us. And us, you... Because we need to talk Bills, and obviously we can't help it.

I don't think that's true. A lot of BBMBers are solid additions. But a lot of the dregs came too, and BBMB had an abundance of them. If you're the former you shouldn't take it personally.

there is little difference between what goes on here and what went on there with the exception of what liberties one takes.

People in general tend to get personal, bicker back and forth when their opinions are shot down.

Another difference I can also call Rob a fat slob who needs a haircut and not get an infraction.

I'll have you know I'm down to under 200 lbs. and I just got a haircut last week. :angry:

The bbmb did suck....

... But I miss it too.

Not sure what it is, or why really. Like a first day in a new house it doesn't feel like home. But it's been months. All the news is here. Other Bills fans are here. Many familiar IDs/avatars are here... But, years and years of posting and here we are, "newbies", and clearly not wanted/welcome, but I need my Bills fix.

Trust me, TBD, we would go home if it wasn't burned down in the middle of the night. But for now, you are stuck with us. And us, you... Because we need to talk Bills, and obviously we can't help it.

That's funny, and I'm sure you know you are not part of "the problem". Life moves on, so what options do you have?

WELCOME! (To many.)