There are two types of Bills fans @ Two Bills Drive

Can agree it def does not help but to me it's a easy excuse for us Bills fans to use.

Pats are great team and we all agree on that. Would the Pats be as good as the entire Brady Era say if the Bills had Brees as their starter that entire tenure? Lets say the Jets or Miami also had a real QB as well would the Pats be GOAT?

Think about this: How much better would have Miami been with Marino if the Bills did not have Kelly and the Bills sucked in the 90's like the Pats?

I say no, the AFC East flat out sucks handing the Pats 5 -6 wins a year for way to long now.

I would say, unfortunately, yes. How many Super Bowls have they played in over the last 15 years? That's not just a function of a poor division. They have been hammering everyone for a long time.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can agree it def does not help but to me it's a easy excuse for us Bills fans to use.

Pats are great team and we all agree on that. Would the Pats be as good as the entire Brady Era say if the Bills had Brees as their starter that entire tenure? Lets say the Jets or Miami also had a real QB as well would the Pats be GOAT?

I say no, the AFC East flat out sucks handing the Pats 5 -6 wins a year for way to long now.

Well, maybe. But NE and Brady seem to handle teams with franchise QBs as easily as they handle the division. But the three division teams would have been a WC a lot more frequently with better QBs.

Edited by JM2009

I would say, unfortunately, yes. How many Super Bowls have they played in over the last 15 years? That's not just a function of a poor division. They have been hammering everyone for a long time.

I get that the Pats handle their own business. A poor division that hands a team 6 wins equals #1 playoff seed in the AFC (6th times to be exact). That helps a already great team out tremendously, either way this is a topic/thread in it's own.

Edited by Real McCoy

I get that the Pats handle their own business. A poor division that hands a team 6 wins equals #1 playoff seed in the AFC. That helps a already great team out tremendously. Either way this is a topic/thread in it's own.

I don't disagree that it's helped. I just don't think that it would have been drastically different. Maybe they would have played less playoff games in Foxboro and lost 1 or 2 more? Maybe not though? Edited by Kirby Jackson

I get that the Pats handle their own business. A poor division that hands a team 6 wins equals #1 playoff seed in the AFC (6th times to be exact). That helps a already great team out tremendously, either way this is a topic/thread in it's own.

...isn't it pathetic?...."if you can't beat 'em, fold"......oh wait, they cheated themselves to 14 division titles and 5 rings....gotta be the only reason....I say petition Goodell to form a brand new AFC-Patriots Division with them unto themselves and a guaranteed spot and rename the AFCE to the AFC-ALSO RANS......top team makes the playoffs......the playing field has now been leveled as needed because it is not the fault of the Bills, Fins or Jets they cannot be competitive...........

I've largely steered clear of this forum because of the extreme positions so many hold. But I love this post, I think it captures the two largest parts of the fan spectrum.

(BTW: disagree with the OP post but love the topic)

My only add would be that I think it's a continuum that stretches past these two very logical points into some extreme positions that people voice on this forum at times. Where the Pro-winning crowd go off into a very pessimistic and dark place and hate every decision the Bills make and where the Pro-Bills crowd become milk toast kool aid drinkers and love everything

For me, I am definitely in the Pro-winning, but still love the Bills category.

I do find myself at times being too pessimistic, when I do, I just stay away (which I largely have the past 2 years).

Thanks for the sentiment brother! I agree it's a continuum or spectrum, like you I'd be Pro-Winning along with a healthy love for the logo.

I've been posting less lately because I'm not really feeling the direction of th franchise so I've for the most part been bowing out and letting others have their fun.

I'm the perfect fan. Educatescated, hell Beane on winning,

Money-less conscious, obedient-no table smashing, critical but never able to escape, FANBOY KOOOLAID BLINDed mofo.

No Stromboli skills? Slightly less than perfect.... :)

the 85 Bears and the 2000 Ravens were the only SB winners who won with defense first. The rest are all but not exclusively teams with franchise QBs

I disagree. The Hank Stramm Chiefs and the first Steeler championship team were defense first imo.

The Steelers did have a great offense but the defense developed sooner imo.

I would have to devote some time to evaluate the rest.

Edited by Bill from NYC

My what a "simple" way of looking at it....those heros that criticize everything and poo over every little thing...they should def be commended

Thank you John for providing a perfect example of a fan number 2 type post for me.