So if McDermott can clean up the communication issues...

... the stupid penalties, the questionable challenges, and the bad game management of the prior coaching staff - would that alone be worth a win or 2 to put us closer to the playoff picture?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think those changes are necessary and will help in the long run.

But until the defense is rebuilt and we get a better QB, it's gonna be tough.

The future looks bright .. but not 2018.

This team was right on the cusp when Marrone left.

It's hard to overstate how negatively Rex's incompetence affected things. Lack of discipline, late subs, confusion. 10 guys on the field for the most important play last season. Such a mess.

I think people are underestimating how good this team can be if McD is as good as we all hope he'll be. In the AFC, I think we have as good a shot at the playoffs as any team not named patriots.

This team was right on the cusp when Marrone left.

It's hard to overstate how negatively Rex's incompetence affected things. Lack of discipline, late subs, confusion. 10 guys on the field for the most important play last season. Such a mess.

I think people are underestimating how good this team can be if McD is as good as we all hope he'll be. In the AFC, I think we have as good a shot at the playoffs as any team not named patriots.

Unfortunately because we have them in our division we have a harder road to walk than other peers

I think you could also include making sure the correct number of players on the field.

I loved Rex's bravado, but I think you can easily give a game or two to a lot of management decisions he made. The challenges were especially infuriating, when he would challenge to have an opponent's first and 10 become a third and short. There were so many that even if you said, "well yeah, the refs are wrong..." it seemed to be inevitably followed by "...but come on, we are wasting a challenge here?"

He has to be better than wrecks, doesn't he?

His attention to detail and love of the grind would seem to indicate that he will be in control of the controllables which should lead to his and ultimately the Buffalo Bills success.

As a fan i'm hoping it's immediate and permanent!

... the stupid penalties, the questionable challenges, and the bad game management of the prior coaching staff - would that alone be worth a win or 2 to put us closer to the playoff picture?

I read something earlier on the Bills app.

Bills Favorite in all but 2 home games Pats and Raiders.

I wish they would have posted the Away games too.

Can McD fix stupid penalties - questionable. What can he do? Make them do pushups or rum laps? (sorry)

The questionable challenges - hard to say how good McD will be there.

The bad game management - Lets hope so. o0n't over complicate things or over simplify things. Keep the opponent guessing.

Can McD fix stupid penalties - questionable. What can he do? Make them do pushups or rum laps? (sorry)

The bad game management - Lets hope so. o0n't over complicate things or over simplify things. Keep the opponent guessing.

Jets @ Bills (-6)

Bills @ Panthers (-3.5)

Broncos @ Bills (-1)

Bills @ Falcons (-7.5)

Bills @ Bengals (-3.5)

BYE

Bucs @ Bills (-1.5)

Raiders (-1.5) @ Bills

Bills (-1.5) @ Jets

Saints @ Bills (-2)

Bills at Chargers (-2)

Bills @ Chiefs (-6)

Patriots (-7) @ Bills

Colts @ Bills (-1.5)

Dolphins @ Bills (-1.5)

Bills @ Patriots (-11.5)

First off - I don't think that the Raiders are a lock here. On the road a year ago on their East coast swing they beat NO and B-more by 1, and beat TB in OT. Only put up 17 on Tenn.

After looking at their 2016 record too... part of me thinks they are a regression candidate. 9-1 in 1 score games?!!

As for fixing penalties - my hope is that he breaks down why they're happening and focuses on that. Instead of just punishing mistakes.

Questionable challenges? Isn't that why we fired the team chaplain?

Edited by dneveu

Jets @ Bills (-6)

Bills @ Panthers (-3.5)

Broncos @ Bills (-1)

Bills @ Falcons (-7.5)

Bills @ Bengals (-3.5)

BYE

Bucs @ Bills (-1.5)

Raiders (-1.5) @ Bills

Bills (-1.5) @ Jets

Saints @ Bills (-2)

Bills at Chargers (-2)

Bills @ Chiefs (-6)

Patriots (-7) @ Bills

Colts @ Bills (-1.5)

Dolphins @ Bills (-1.5)

Bills @ Patriots (-11.5)

Giving less than 3 when you're the home team doesn't really make you the favorite. It actually makes you the underdog.

Giving less than 3 when you're the home team doesn't really make you the favorite. It actually makes you the underdog.

The Bills had to spin the positive no matter how insignificant.

Thanks Hokie

First off - I don't think that the Raiders are a lock here. On the road a year ago on their East coast swing they beat NO and B-more by 1, and beat TB in OT. Only put up 17 on Tenn.

After looking at their 2016 record too... part of me thinks they are a regression candidate. 9-1 in 1 score games?!!

As for fixing penalties - my hope is that he breaks down why they're happening and focuses on that. Instead of just punishing mistakes.

Questionable challenges? Isn't that why we fired the team chaplain?

Agree on the Raiders.

The Cinci points could be argued as well.

I don't believe we'll have a good 2018 but that won't be the worst thing to happen. McDermott will have his 1st year running his system on defense so I'm sure they'll be learning curves, have they shored up the tackling problems? I'll be ok with them not doing well this season if it means a difference maker at QB, sorry to those who are sick of hearing it but I believe this will be a great draft class for QB's and I'm usually the one who hates hearing "next years class will be better" but there have been 6 high level QB's linked to round 1 next year, which I'm sure will change but it will be a very solid class imo.