Expectations for Shaq Lawson?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I watched Lawson display a good bit of hustle last year once healthy. I am really excited to see Lawson out there. Players who can play will find a spot, that's where a good coach comes in.

What I saw was several times he overpowered a OL on his way to the qb......

People want to see a edge bend like Von Miller and get around a OT violently hitting a qb cleaning his clock......I really dont think that is gonna be Lawson's game. It doesnt mean that he cant put consistant pressure on a qb and get their with hustle....ALSO because he will run stop he is a complete player

Folks need to wait and see what we have in a healthy lawson (for the first time in years) before they make final determinations on the kid....rehabbing a surgery is not the same thing as a strength and conditioning program preparing for a season.

Is there a reason to believe that? What is your reasoning?

Some people don't have reasoning, they just have that slant on life. I can't speak for him, obviously. Just guessing.

He should see next to no double-teams if the rest of our D-line stays healthy. In that scenario, I'd consider anything less than 8 sacks to be a disappointment.

I can see something like that as reasonable. I hope he improves his angles and sets the edge a little better, but I'm counting on more prep time and better coaching.

I swear I watched Lawson display a good bit of hustle last year once healthy. I am really excited to see Lawson out there. Players who can play will find a spot, that's where a good coach comes in.

I agree. I think people on here must be looking at sacks and saying he was terrible based off that alone. He wasn't great but he wasn't terrible by any means.

You also have to factor in the fact he missed almost every pre season training program,otas and TC. He then gets rushed back into a chaotic scheme and played a position he is not best suited for. He is muchhhhh better suited as a 43 DE than a 34 olb.

He has clear 1st Rd talent, not sure where these "he's slow" remarks stem from. He's a big boy. Physical and quick enough to get to the QB. I feel he will excel at powering his way to the QB, as well as that spin move that he seemed to have perfected in college.

He's also going to be playing next to 99 or 95 ,I think we're going to see a major improvement over last year and feel his potential is sky high.. I'm liking that front 4 alot, he's also a perfect complement to Hughes. Oh and I can see him having the ability to kick inside as well.

Very talented player, highly skilled, I see alot of ignorance with these extremely negative comments

i think he will be chronically injured

Your self esteem can't be too high

Drafted injured, in his second state in two years. The omens aren't stellar

But if you watch the tape, without your bias on, it speaks very well. I haven't seen enough to say he's going to be an all pro. I have seen enough to see he's not going to be a bust. He'll have a productive career in the league.

I predict he will fare better with his hand in the dirt playing as a DE than he did moving around the field for Rex last year as a 3-4 OLB. At the end of the day, there were only six defensive ends that had 10+ sacks in the NFL last season. All six of those guys played in traditional 4-3 defenses. With the protection that he should have in the middle with Dareus and Williams, he should be an 8 sack guy, which would be a good first full season. If he's anywhere around 8 or above, that makes him a good draft pick IMO.