Ragland cleared to practice?

He ran 4.72 at the combine - that is not really that slow - especially for close to 250 lbs.

The 2 LBs we drafted this year by all accounts are fast! Right. They were both in the mid to high 4.6s. Go figger.

If Ragland's knee heals up correctly, no reason to think we don't have a damn effective ball player.

The kid is far more athletic than most scouting reports gave him credit for.

What I find most interesting about him as a player is that in his senior year, he shared the field with Reuben Foster. Foster was barely mentioned as a playmaker that year in the games that I watched. It was always Ragland making the key plays and big hits. If he can get healthy, I have no worries about his ability to make plays on the field. I could care less what guys running track in shorts and a t-shirt. I would rather look at what they did on the field.

REGGIE RAGLAND: "WE'RE GONNA TAKE IT DAY BY DAY" (5:36)

LB Reggie Ragland talks about returning to the field, where he sees himself fitting in to the defense and more.

REGGIE RAGLAND: "WORK HARD FOR MY TEAMMATES (13:40)

Bills LB Reggie Ragland joined the John Murphy Show to talk about being medically cleared to return, learning a new playbook, where he expects to fit on defense and some of his tastes in music.

I'm pumped that he will be on the field this season. not that it makes much of a difference but living here in the southeast the last 30 + years and following bama the last 21 this kid was fun to watch.

he will make a difference and he will lay on the wood.

I'm not a football guru like some of you guys, but I can see three things from watching these clips:

1) Although he's not "fast" he has amazing closing speed on RB's in his area.

2) He is a sound and sure handed tackler. Great technique.

3) Tough SOB. Me likey.

I'm pumped that he will be on the field this season. not that it makes much of a difference but living here in the southeast the last 30 + years and following bama the last 21 this kid was fun to watch.

he will make a difference and he will lay on the wood.

That was a treat watching him.

Thanks for posting the vid.

I'm not a football guru like some of you guys, but I can see three things from watching these clips:

1) Although he's not "fast" he has amazing closing speed on RB's in his area.

2) He is a sound and sure handed tackler. Great technique.

3) Tough SOB. Me likey.

I know everybody's worried about him in coverage but if he's the player I think he can be he'll be much appreciated against the Ajayis of the league

The first clip of was of him destroying Malcolm Mitchell, who the Cheaters drafted last year and who jogged through the Bills warmups. That was great to see.

I love the commentator on that play. "Ahh dear..." :lol:

3rdand12 is right. Basically Ragland IS Kuechly in every way.

I was surprised he said it but I'm glad he did.

Kuechly is much more explosive, so it's not in every way. There's a lot of similarity in smarts and the run game, but the athletic measurements show what the differences are. Kuechly's vertical jump was 38, for instance and Ragland's 31 1/2. Same sort of thing with the 10 and 20 yard splits of the 40 times, for instance. Kuechly starts faster, and quite a bit so.

I'm not as positive as some on here, but maybe they're right. I hope so. At absolute minimum he should be fun to watch on run downs. It'll be very interesting to see how many snaps they have him out there.

Kuechly appeared last year on 61.3% of Carolina's snaps, so maybe that part will be very comparable indeed.

Edited by Thurman#1

He ran 4.72 at the combine - that is not really that slow - especially for close to 250 lbs.

That tied him for 12th out of 15 LBs, a three-way tie for second-slowest. One guy was slower, one one-hundredth of a second slower.

Milano and Vallejo tied each other for 8th out of 15. The 40 isn't the be-all and end-all measurement, especially for LBs, but you brought it up.

Edited by Thurman#1

Kuechly is much more explosive, so it's not in every way. There's a lot of similarity in smarts and the run game, but the athletic measurements show what the differences are. Kuechly's vertical jump was 38, for instance and Ragland's 31 1/2. Same sort of thing with the 10 and 20 yard splits of the 40 times, for instance. Kuechly starts faster, and quite a bit so.

I'm not as positive as some on here, but maybe they're right. I hope so. At absolute minimum he should be fun to watch on run downs. It'll be very interesting to see how many snaps they have him out there.

Kuechly appeared last year on 61.3% of Carolina's snaps, so maybe that part will be very comparable indeed.

Thurman a "very well respected poster" here told me that vertical means nothing if your arms are 3/4 inch longer. Might not want to type this.

Lol.

Imo Raglands going to be a good backer if his knee is heeled appropriately, Luke good highly unlikely.

That tied him for 12th out of 15 LBs, a three-way tie for second-slowest. One guy was slower, one one-hundredth of a second slower.

Milano and Vallejo tied each other for 8th out of 15. The 40 isn't the be-all and end-all measurement, especially for LBs, but you brought it up.

Didnt he run faster at his pro day?

I personally would like to see them take every precaution just to be sure.......I feel like a LOT rides on this player

I agree. He's really the only upgrade to a front 7 that gave up three 200 yard rushing games last year. We will face Ajayi and Leveon again this year, we need the RagMan to be thumping out there.

I agree. He's really the only upgrade to a front 7 that gave up three 200 yard rushing games last year. We will face Ajayi and Leveon again this year, we need the RagMan to be thumping out there.

The major upgrade is the switch back to the 4-3 where the players are better suited. Hopefully Reg will be the MLB they need.