Is Sammy on the Ravens' radar?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he was getting about 6-7 per game last year, that would be a big jump

The scheme change will account for that though. I'd expect about 6 more passing attempts a game (roughly where Denver was last year). That will be about 40 more passing yards a game. If Sammy gets 2.5 of those 6 you are in that 140-150 range.

I'm still trying to figure out what the point is in trading him??

ROI, Sammy can't seem to stay healthy, the Bills didn't pick up his 5th option, don't to wait until he's a FA to try and re-sign him, get the salary cap in line under the new regime and see what they can do with it.

Hypothetically what value does Sammy have in a trade? If he was on another team and we were trying to trade for him what would you be willing to give up to get him? Would anyone here be willing to give up next year's 1st rd pick for him? I bet nobody would so why would another team?

...his value is all predicated on the health factor....if I were a GM (not even close), I'd wait for OTA's, camp, pre-season and at least the first 8 games, perhaps 12 as proof of durability and that he's 101% healed before making any move.......

If the Ravens want to give up a 2nd I would do it now.

IF you could get the Ravens first I would RUN to that fax machine!

They won't give up a first. Newsome hasn't done that since the Suggs/Boller 1st round draft and he hated not have a 1st rounder the next season. They could give a 2nd as they've done that before in the Boldin trade and in the Mcgahee trade. I just don't think we should let a guy with Watkins potential walk out the door for a mere 2nd rd pick. He easily has top 100 player, hell even top 50 player in the league talent. His body just doesn't allow him to actualize his potential.

ROI, Sammy can't seem to stay healthy, the Bills didn't pick up his 5th option, don't to wait until he's a FA to try and re-sign him, get the salary cap in line under the new regime and see what they can do with it.

If he leaves for FA and signs a big contract don't we get a comp pick? Hopefully a 3rd.

who are you kidding....Sammy is definitely going to get a block buster deal

were you one of the people saying Gilmore would not get one?

No I wasn't, but I admit I was shocked to see him get the deal he got, especially from the Patriots.

I don't profess to be a super knowledgeable poster, like many are on here, which is why I stated more than once that it was just my humble opinion. I have been a member of this Bills message board for over 10 years, and when I do post, I am always respectful of others. I see you've been a member for a couple months and you're the first person to annoy me. I simply stated what I felt in as respectful and informative post as I could. If you can't show the same, then go back to wherever you came from, or at the very least, don't reply to my posts.

If he does have a good year. He does stay healtht. And he does show good judgement than sign him long term on rhe mega dea h will get. If not. Try. But not as hard.

We need to keep the kind of talent he provides

You would think the Ravens would stay far away from Bills receivers after the failed Lee Evans experiment lol.

Justin armour and Kamar Aiken say wut?

SAMMY IS GONE NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES !!

#1- the chances of sammy playing all 16 games is slim. the chances he gets a pro bowl nod are slimmer.

#2 - look at the Carolina Panthers current Salary Cap. the highest paid WR counts $2.5 mil against the cap.

http://www.spotrac.c...a-panthers/cap/

I love Sammy, he's a stud, but I don't think McD/Beane will commit franchise tag dollars to the WR position.

Maybe we should all just let this season play out and THEN decide whether to keep him or not. (depending on his health, his productivity this season, and whatever trade offers may come)

If we go 6-10 again (as I expect we will) and we somehow end up drafting one of the QB's being talked about the Bills may need extra draft capital that a trade would provide. Right now everyone seems to be jumping the gun on this as if some decision needs to be made imminently.

They do that even when people stay. When was the last guy that we re-signed that people were thrilled with? It's always a mistake whether they stay or go. We really hate the Bills. We are, without question, the most miserable fan base. I am not even sure if half the people here would like the Bills if they were good. The sun never shines for a lot of these people. The reality is there is some good and some bad.

Careful there, Kirby. You might get slapped with that "blames-the-fans" label.