Is Sammy on the Ravens' radar?

For me, it would take more than that, but not much.

Gettleman also spent a 1st round pick on Kelvin Benjamin and a 2nd round pick on Devin Funchess in back-to-back drafts.

They also just spent a 2nd round pick on Curtis Samuel.

It would???? I would take that deal in a heartbeat. Watkins is damaged goods, he can't stay on the field & when he is on the field he is rarely 100% or close to it. There was a caller on gr the one time when they were talking about Sammy's health problems & he said he was an orthopedic surgeon & he said the type of break Sammy had in his foot it is a tough injury to overcome & there is almost always lingering side effects. I am not sure if the guy knew what he was talking about but he sure sounded like he did.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would???? I would take that deal in a heartbeat. Watkins is damaged goods, he can't stay on the field & when he is on the field he is rarely 100% or close to it. There was a caller on gr the one time when they were talking about Sammy's health problems & he said he was an orthopedic surgeon & he said the type of break Sammy had in his foot it is a tough injury to overcome & there is almost always lingering side effects. I am not sure if the guy knew what he was talking about but he sure sounded like he did.

It is patently incorrect to say that a guy that's been on the field and participating in 77% of the games that have taken place since he entered the league cannot stay on the field.

As to Sammy's exact injury, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, and Julian Edelman have all had it and returned to 100%.

No orthopedic surgeons call WGR!! If he would have said that he was watering his lawn in Sloan, maybe...

It's speculative but he is the Ravens' Insider so maybe there is a little fire where there is smoke. I wouldn't be against trading Sammy if the Bills don't intend on re-signing him or aren't able to. They might as get something while they can. A second day 2018 draft pick and a player in return could be comparable (TE Max Williams or a LB?).

Oops, I forgot the link!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-signing-a-free-agent-wide-receiver-may-not-be-ravens-only-option-20170509-story.html

Are you crazy. A day 2 pick. If he proves he can stay healthy he is not going anywhere as in my opinion he is a top 5 WR when healthy.

The new Bills have no longterm tie to Sammy other reviewing his contribution this season next Jan

So if they got offered a good deal why not trade him

However in what universe does another team trade for an injured player entering his free agent season

And then that team giving us great value?

I think this has only happened once in the last 5-6 years

If I am incorrect give us the examples?

It's not Madden and its not as easy as fans think to trade an impending FA for value

The better value is in franchising and or working out a long term deal

jc

Sammy is gone unless we franchise him. he would be a fool to stay in buffalo where we can't pass the ball. he would be a pro bowler with pretty much any other team (if he can stay on the field that is)

Really? Your amazed?

It's a defense mechanism. When someone is about to jet some fans convince themselves the player sucks or doesn't deserve the contract he inevitably gets.

They do that even when people stay. When was the last guy that we re-signed that people were thrilled with? It's always a mistake whether they stay or go. We really hate the Bills. We are, without question, the most miserable fan base. I am not even sure if half the people here would like the Bills if they were good. The sun never shines for a lot of these people. The reality is there is some good and some bad. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Sammy is gone unless we franchise him. he would be a fool to stay in buffalo where we can't pass the ball. he would be a pro bowler with pretty much any other team (if he can stay on the field that is)

If he stays healthy he should see ~140-150 targets this year. If he can't or that isn't enough then he can go somewhere else.

I'd say people were thrilled when we resigned both Hughes and extended Dareus.

Gilmore got a bad rap because of somewhat of a down year this year so fans were happy to see him and his big contract leave.

Go back through the Dareus extension and read how many said "why commit that much money to a guy that uses drugs..." or something of the sort. Hughes came in under market value so he's the rare exception. We really don't like anyone.

Go back through the Dareus extension and read how many said "why commit that much money to a guy that uses drugs..." or something of the sort. Hughes came in under market value so he's the rare exception. We really don't like anyone.

Not a bad take in hindsight :lol:

I'd say people were thrilled when we resigned both Hughes and extended Dareus.

Gilmore got a bad rap because of somewhat of a down year two bad games this year so fans were happy to see him and his big contract leave.

Edited for accuracy.

I wonder how many players get into trouble as a result of losing all the time? Not that it's an excuse (because it isn't) but more of an explanation.

If you're winning all the time and really playing for something maybe you're more focused than if you don't feel like you have any chance. Maybe it's hard to take the job as seriously when you feel like it doesn't matter anyway because you're not on a successfgul team.

Again, not a good reason. But these guys are human beings.

That's why in the Super Bowl everyone is going all out, injuries or not. Guys you wouldn't expect make huge plays. Even Matt Ryan took his propensity for choke jobs to an all-time epic level.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Hypothetically what value does Sammy have in a trade? If he was on another team and we were trying to trade for him what would you be willing to give up to get him? Would anyone here be willing to give up next year's 1st rd pick for him? I bet nobody would so why would another team?

Edited by Tipster19

Hypothetically what value does Sammy have in a trade? If he was on another team and we were trying to trade for him what would you be willing to give up to get him? Would anyone here be willing to give up next year's 1st rd pick for him? I bet nobody would so why would another team?

I think that he'd get AT LEAST a 1st. Brandin Cooks got a 1st and he is a bit of a malcontent without Sammy's ability. He is still only 23 and one of the highest rated receivers to enter the draft in the last 15 years or so. He has had glimpses of dominance.