That GM search was embarassing

I want my GM making the calls. He is the one working year round scouting.

The GM can still scout year round. Business and organizations evolve or die. I don't think the new approach in the NFL is wrong or even backwards.

This set up makes sense and in theory leafs to cohesiveness.

I like the structure!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what the big deal is. Take the eagles for example. Chip Kelly blew that thing up bigtime. You can argue we have more pieces than they did. In one year they rebuilt and can compete after the coach/GM disaster of chip Kelly. You can't bash the hire or the process until you see it on the field. In this day and age though it's not that hard to flip a roster to a certain extent.

Who cares? They knew who they wanted and they got a young GM to go with a young coach.

People complain they don't do things and when they do they complain about it.

None of us know what happened or how it happened.

Agreed

I don't see what the big deal is. Take the eagles for example. Chip Kelly blew that thing up bigtime. You can argue we have more pieces than they did. In one year they rebuilt and can compete after the coach/GM disaster of chip Kelly. You can't bash the hire or the process until you see it on the field. In this day and age though it's not that hard to flip a roster to a certain extent.

Agreed and agreed

BBMBers.... allow me to introduce... The YEEZUS.

Ignore with extreme prejudice.

Few pages too late but appreciate the heads up. I now know.

Well, since you asked .... I'm pretty damn sure that we message board fans could have stumbled into a playoff team just by accident over the last 17 years ... after all, 12 of 32 teams make it every year. That's 37.5% of teams that make the playoffs in any given year! 3 out of every 8 teams. So an observer knowing absolutely nothing about the NFL but trained in probability and statistics would gather the following:

Teams wouldn't stumble into the playoffs with the Patriots in their division. You'd see the same thing happening in those other divisions. We've been awfully unlucky and IMO unfairly criticized. You're numbers are wrong because they should be calculated based on only the opportunity to win a wild card birth.

Interviewing only 3 people? And ending up going with the guy who the head coach pretty much told the Owner to hire.

What kind of team structure is Pegula running here? is this a joke? What NFL team lets a rookie HC run the entire team?

Pegula is either going to strike gold here or plummet harder than when he hired Rex. If this doesn't work out he will go from beloved savior owner to on par with Dan Snyder as a complete fraud.

Once again the Bills prove they don't know how to conduct a proper search for a GM. Good luck the Brandon Beane b/c he sure as hell will need it.

how many did you want them to interview? 10 , 20 , 50?

A person that has billions of dollars did not get to that point by hiring azzholes. You hire them they don't work out you fire them. What the heck are you looking for? Who would you have hired seeing you know so much?

Could not have said it better my self.

Interviewing only 3 people? And ending up going with the guy who the head coach pretty much told the Owner to hire.

What kind of team structure is Pegula running here? is this a joke? What NFL team lets a rookie HC run the entire team?

Pegula is either going to strike gold here or plummet harder than when he hired Rex. If this doesn't work out he will go from beloved savior owner to on par with Dan Snyder as a complete fraud.

Once again the Bills prove they don't know how to conduct a proper search for a GM. Good luck the Brandon Beane b/c he sure as hell will need it.

Edited by billsareback

Are you even a fan of the Bills? Did they kill your family? What's your deal with them man?

The GM can still scout year round. Business and organizations evolve or die. I don't think the new approach in the NFL is wrong or even backwards.

This set up makes sense and in theory leafs to cohesiveness.

I like the structure!

There is no structure.

I will give Beane the same benefits given to Whaley from much of this fan base-- especially since he is clearly the cause of our constant pattern of failure. Sheesh, what a joke this guy is!!! HANG HIM!!!

So you want to intentionally hate on the guy because you don't think Whaley was given a fair chance? Odd. Edited by buffaloboyinATL