PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Miami was equal to the Bills. The difference was the Blubber Brothers pathetic defense.

The Bills defense was better than the Dolphins.

29th in yards allowed and still made the postseason but Tyrod needs a top 10 D to be competitive. What a world.

How did they overprice themselves if teams were willing to pay them?

Signing Gilmore or franchise tagging him would've been ideal as opposed to the jauron like approach in filling his void with a first round pick. Same goes for Woods.

Letting MG walk also made little sense. As did the tender.

It's a good thing McDermott is confident in his coaching(and GM) abilities, but that will sour quickly on the fans if they suck again this year.

Just because 1 team was willi to pay Robert Woods $8M does not mean he was not overpriced. Same with Gilmore. Chicago was after him hard, and he priced himself out of there, too.

Teams overpay free agents every single year, and it blows up in their face much of the time.

Maybe if Whaley hadn't mismanaged the cap so much, the Bills would have been able to think about offering more money to those guys. You can't keep every free agent, though.

Paying Woods $8M and Gilmore $13.5M, or tagging him would have had the Bills right near, or over the cap. They'd have had no room to fill any holes or attempt to sign the other 20+ fee agents they had. Keeping those 2 at the money they got was just not realistic with the situation the Bills cap is/was in.

Getting our cap situation back under control is going to take some painful moves. But it's not McD's fault the Bills were put in that position. He just got here.

Also, pretty sure that MG tender was Whaley/Overdorf, not McDermott. And you can put some blame on that huge McCoy extension for not being able to match, among other reasons.

It also has to be taken into account whether or not Woods and Gilmore wanted to be here (IMO neither wanted to), and whether or not they fit the new scheme, especially when you're talking about trying to match the monster deals they got. It's hard to keep guys who don't want to be here (if that was the case. It appears to me Gilmore wanted to play for a bigger market team and Woods wanted to go home, but that's just my opinion).

Edited by BillsFan4

I tried to look that up and I think you have to subscribe to see that. But I did find this page:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season/

PFF ranks Taylor 20th out of 32. But as you can compare, all the scores are different from the tweet. (Taylor: 81.5) So I don't know what the tweet scores represent exactly. But that rank doesn't even follow the scores given. He's ranked 20th but his score is ranked 13th out of 32.

It's a subjective ranking by one guy.

Is Taylor 13th or 11th? I used to have a subscription that expired a couple months ago. I thought he was 11th when I last checked. Mighta been 13th, though.

Big accomplishment being better than whatever bum the Jets trot out there, and the disappointment Tannehill has been.

For what it's worth...I couldn't even put him above Tannehill when I went through last season. I had him above Osweiler, Fitz, Simien, Cle QB's, and the Rams Qb's. He was on par with Kaepernick from what I gathered.

Taylor ranks around 25-26 for me...right there with Tannehill and Kaepernick.

Yeah... we all know where you rank Taylor...

Why would you take Tannehill's future? He's started almost three times as many games as Tyrod has, he's a year older than Tyrod, and his numbers really aren't any better than Tyrod's. What makes you think he will improve but Tyrod won't?

Isn't it funny the hypocrisy of it all?

PFF has Tannehill ranked 18th and Taylor 20th. So...

That's not PFF, that's one guy's subjective measure who works for PFF.

Oh, 10th I guess. Thought it was 11th.

QB's need to be passers first, not a RB impersonating a QB.

I'll take the superior passer who can challenge a defense with his arm over a gimmick QB anyday.

It just says a lot of sad things about your biased perception of Taylor when you say you'd take Tannehill over Taylor any day... and that you call Taylor a gimmick QB is even dumber.

The Bills only want Taylor to be the stopgap until they draft their guy next season.

You guys will all be off the Taylor bandwagon after this season...book it.

No... I'm sure the Bills want Taylor to show he can be the franchise QB this team has been looking for so we can use BOTH those 1st rounders next year to load up on talent.

Even someone biased like you should realize that's the ideal outcome.

But no, you're still blinded by your disgusting desire to be right (which you don't seem to be very often) to gloat about it and snidely point out everyone who was wrong.

It's just sad...

Tannehill lead a team to a playoffs. Taylor hasn't. Carry on...

Average defense, Buffalo makes the WC and Miami doesn't. Offense was good enough. Carry on.

The Bills only want Taylor to be the stopgap until they draft their guy next season.

You guys will all be off the Taylor bandwagon after this season...book it.

Book it- like when you pushed for EJ to be the starter. Once again, here we have a disgruntled EJ fan who takes it out on TT because he was wrong.

this tannehill, is a superior passer?

book it

Welp, when TT can throw for over 4000 yards and 27 TDs in a single season then he might be considered a better passing QB than Tannehill. I'm not even a Tannehill fan.

Highly doubtful that will ever happen.

Even you, being one of a handful of the smartest guys in the room around here can't believe TT is capable of that, can you?

Welp, when TT can throw for over 4000 yards and 27 TDs in a single season then he might be considered a better passing QB than Tannehill. I'm not even a Tannehill fan.

Even you, being one of a handful of the smartest guys in the room around here can't believe TT is capable of that, can you?

The Bills are built for a run first team. TT fits that perfectly. Not built for shootouts.

How did they overprice themselves if teams were willing to pay them?

Signing Gilmore or franchise tagging him would've been ideal as opposed to the jauron like approach in filling his void with a first round pick. Same goes for Woods.

Letting MG walk also made little sense. As did the tender.

It's a good thing McDermott is confident in his coaching(and GM) abilities, but that will sour quickly on the fans if they suck again this year.

1. No one lets free agents go. Look up the definition of free.

2. I can just as easily say fans will love McDermott if their record improves

3. Cute little nicknames for coaches pretty much stop being funny once you get out of PeeWees

No, that's the record of the teams he played for in games he started.

The name of that stat is actually "Team Record in Games Started By This QB (Regular Season)".

Grading a QB based on how well the defense plays or whether the kicker makes or misses field goals is utterly ridiculous.

Please, for the love of God, help the Tyrod haters to understand this.

the OP who called him such did not specify yet I assumed it was in reference to TT. I was questioning his superiority in a round about way. no question he had more yds so his numbers were superior to TT.

I'm not real familiar with Dennisons offense but if the run game is dominant you wouldn't think he would be surpassing 4,000 yds. I mean, never say never but it doesn't seem he would?

other that that, who may he be so superior to in the league, the bottom dwellers?

I just don't see tanny as a superior passer yet he'll likely have more passing yds this season than TT as well.

that doesn't mean the bills can't sweep them and have a shot at a wildcard?

then they would be superior over tanny and the fins, never know?

Squish the Fish!!!

It is interesting that you stay away from the interception stat.....but I would expect you to do that.

off topic but am I the only one that winced and sighed in huge disappointment and utter sadness when migrating over to this board after BBMB shut down and saw that "Crusher" had made his way over..... :doh:

Edited by Stank_Nasty

It's a subjective ranking by one guy.

Is Taylor 13th or 11th? I used to have a subscription that expired a couple months ago. I thought he was 11th when I last checked. Mighta been 13th, though.

Yeah... we all know where you rank Taylor...

Isn't it funny the hypocrisy of it all?

That's not PFF, that's one guy's subjective measure who works for PFF.

Oh, 10th I guess. Thought it was 11th.

It just says a lot of sad things about your biased perception of Taylor when you say you'd take Tannehill over Taylor any day... and that you call Taylor a gimmick QB is even dumber.

No... I'm sure the Bills want Taylor to show he can be the franchise QB this team has been looking for so we can use BOTH those 1st rounders next year to load up on talent.

Even someone biased like you should realize that's the ideal outcome.

But no, you're still blinded by your disgusting desire to be right (which you don't seem to be very often) to gloat about it and snidely point out everyone who was wrong.

It's just sad...

Yeah...we all want fantastic things to happen in our lives. The difference is that most of us end up being realistic with ourselves instead of banking on something that is not very realistic. The Bills have done this with Taylor and his contract. It's a reality check to Taylor, and it gives the Bills the ability to move on once they are in a position to. Year seven for Taylor on the way, and smart money is on him being the same guy who isn't a very good passer that will not come through when it matters most. Only a handful of guys here are having trouble coming to terms with this.

And as for the rest of your post...hilariously ironic. Take a look in the mirror when you say those things about bias and a desire to be right.

What's sad here is that you have failed to see that your behavior is no better than the posters you criticize. You are just on the other side of the fence doing it.

Yeah...we all want fantastic things to happen in our lives. The difference is that most of us end up being realistic with ourselves instead of banking on something that is not very realistic. The Bills have done this with Taylor and his contract. It's a reality check to Taylor, and it gives the Bills the ability to move on once they are in a position to. Year seven for Taylor on the way, and smart money is on him being the same guy who isn't a very good passer that will not come through when it matters most. Only a handful of guys here are having trouble coming to terms with this.

And as for the rest of your post...hilariously ironic. Take a look in the mirror when you say those things about bias and a desire to be right.

What's sad here is that you have failed to see that your behavior is no better than the posters you criticize. You are just on the other side of the fence doing it.

Claiming that it is year seven clearly shows the usual agenda you have.