PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tannehill is 14-15 and Tyrod is 15-14 over the last 2 years. They each started 29 games. Tannehill has 45 TDs and 24 INTs and Tyrod has 47 TDs and 12 INTs.

....and their playoff records are???......stats me jack Kirb, you know that....c'mon............

Taylor is 2nd best in conference just ask coach McDermott AKA Slim-Butterbean. If coach gained 200lbs he will look like Butterbean LOL. If he gets our team into the playoffs he will be MC. Butterbean Bill

....and their playoff records are???......stats me jack Kirb, you know that....c'mon............

0-0

We can't be such simpletons to think that is all that matters? If so, I can prove to you that Mark Sanchez is better than Phillip Rivers, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

...so how long to you give TT to show his "demonstrated and consistent" ability to scan/process the field whereby the passing game is a legitimate threat?...it sure as hell is NOT now and his survival putside of the running game remains his "wheels", a dependency factor that could get him killed...............

Good thing Tyrod had McCoy and Gilislee. That 31st passing offense wouldn't even get us to 7-9.

good thing that was the offense you know?

Oh and christ....you do realize miami had THREE 200 yard running games....TWO OF THEM AGAINST US

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

...so how long to you give TT to show his "demonstrated and consistent" ability to scan/process the field whereby the passing game is a legitimate threat?...it sure as hell is NOT now and his survival putside of the running game remains his "wheels", a dependency factor that could get him killed...............

given the 2 first round picks next year I am thinking......this year

You asked their playoff records, the answer is they are both 0-0. Tyrod actually has a better record than Tannehill since he became a starter. He also has more TDs and 1/2 the INTs. I wasn't responding to anything other than he is better than Tannehill. The Texans went to the playoffs last year too but it wasn't because of QB play.

Tyrod is a decent starting QB. I don't know how (or why) anyone would argue differently. The team was 7th in points with him under center last year. They can upgrade from him for sure. People trying to disparage him to fit an agenda is where I take issue. They were the 9th best offense DVOA last year and even 19th in passing. The reason that they didn't make the playoffs was the 28th ranked DVOA defense.

good thing that was the offense you know?

Oh and christ....you do realize miami had THREE 200 yard running games....TWO OF THEM AGAINST US

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

given the 2 first round picks next year I am thinking......this year

Yet Falcons had a worst rank D than us. What does that tell? Got to be able to throw the ball in this day and age

Yet Falcons had a worst rank D than us. What does that tell? Got to be able to throw the ball in this day and age

To me it tells you that team concept was out score you.

The model this team was biult on was top 5 defense and run the ball.....till that top 5 D fell apart when Schwartz left.

Edited by John from Hemet

You asked their playoff records, the answer is they are both 0-0. Tyrod actually has a better record than Tannehill since he became a starter. He also has more TDs and 1/2 the INTs. I wasn't responding to anything other than he is better than Tannehill. The Texans went to the playoffs last year too but it wasn't because of QB play.

Tyrod is a decent starting QB. I don't know how (or why) anyone would argue differently. The team was 7th in points with him under center last year. They can upgrade from him for sure. People trying to disparage him to fit an agenda is where I take issue. They were the 9th best offense DVOA last year and even 19th in passing. The reason that they didn't make the playoffs was the 28th ranked DVOA defense.

....a compelling and legitimate assessment?...OF COURSE....a compelling and legitimate assessment as to why Whaley is out? OF COURSE again....it took time to build this club into a top 5 defense along with good coaching to meld it....the Wrecks debacle undid Whaley & his staff's work overnight.....hindsight is a beautiful thing, but I'd bet if the defense maintained its top 5 or so stature along with TT's subtle offense despite his flaws, the schneid would have been broken....thanks Blowhard Buddy Jr........

To me it tells you that their offense concept was out score you.

The model this team was biult on was top 5 defense and run the ball.....till that top 5 D fell apart when Schwartz left.

Every team's model should be out score you. There was 60+ points put up in Super Bowl. Day of shutdown D is far and few between. Edited by BuffaloBud420

Not really. These new anylatics meen squat

Yeah, god forbid we normalize things to properly compare them. There is a reason that they are called ADVANCED statistics. There is a reason that gross statistics have died and it's because they don't tell the story. If you run the ball 40 times a game you should have more rushing yards than the team that runs it 25 times. The same works for passing yards. That isn't an indicator of success it's an indicator of how often you did something. There isn't a team in sports that cares (at all) about gross stats. They want to know how they compare to others.

....a compelling and legitimate assessment?...OF COURSE....a compelling and legitimate assessment as to why Whaley is out? OF COURSE again....it took time to build this club into a top 5 defense along with good coaching to meld it....the Wrecks debacle undid Whaley & his staff's work overnight.....hindsight is a beautiful thing, but I'd bet if the defense maintained its top 5 or so stature along with TT's subtle offense despite his flaws, the schneid would have been broken....thanks Blowhard Buddy Jr........

Couldn't agree more, Wrecks was a disaster. I think that the roster is worse now too (certainly on defense). I hope McDermott can cover it up some but am not holding my breath.

Couldn't agree more, Wrecks was a disaster. I think that the roster is worse now too (certainly on defense). I hope McDermott can cover it up some but am not holding my breath.

I think it really is gonna depend on what Lawson and Ragland do for us........

Lawson is gonna have to play a LOT better then last year and Ragland needs to be as advertised