PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

When it comes to the QBs on the AFCE, it's basically Brady then everyone else.

How did he compare to the rest of the QBs league wide?

He ranks 10th in the league

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bills-should-build-around-tyrod-taylor-not-show-him-the-door/

Taylor ended the 2016 regular season with the 10th-best overall grade among all QBs, at 84.7. Thats higher than Alex Smith, Ben Roethlisberger, Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton andhere is the big oneDak Prescott. Last year, Taylor was seventh (88.3).

Edited by voodoo poonani

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize that we had the 19th ranked passing attack according to DVOA (another subjective statistic), right?

Yep, I'm not sure if you think that is too good or too bad? I have Tyrod around 20th so I gues that feels about right to me. Edited by Kirby Jackson

You realize that we had the 19th ranked passing attack according to DVOA (another subjective statistic), right?

Not that bad considering we were a run based team?

Like I said....some folks like to dismiss the fact that we were a top 5 ranked defense that fell very very far the last 2 years when that was SUPPOSED to be our identity.....now top 5 is very hard to maintain......but if this team was even in the top 10 with the offense we had we would have made the playoffs (in my opinion)

You cant biuld a identity then poo poo all over it and blame the other side of the ball when it doesnt produce....if anything our offense OVER PERFORMED

Yea.

Id be impressed if they go .500 or better thanks to some of the moves he made. A 6-10 season and fans will already be sick of McEgo.

I think McDermott has going to have a shorter leash than most people to come to the Bills. He has certainly done things his way and their is no mistaking who is in charge.

Not that bad considering we were a run based team?

Like I said....some folks like to dismiss the fact that we were a top 5 ranked defense that fell very very far the last 2 years when that was SUPPOSED to be our identity.....now top 5 is very hard to maintain......but if this team was even in the top 10 with the offense we had we would have made the playoffs (in my opinion)

You cant biuld a identity then poo poo all over it and blame the other side of the ball when it doesnt produce....if anything our offense OVER PERFORMED

It's an efficiency metric, so usage is factored in. I would expect people touting DVOA to know that.

And to answer Kirby Jackson (don't know how to multiquote, sorry) I have Taylor around there as well, anywhere from 18th-24th. Which says to me we could use an upgrade at QB and will probably continue spinning our wheels until we do.

It's an efficiency metric, so usage is factored in. I would expect people touting DVOA to know that.

And to answer Kirby Jackson (don't know how to multiquote, sorry) I have Taylor around there as well, anywhere from 18th-24th. Which says to me we could use an upgrade at QB and will probably continue spinning our wheels until we do.

I dont tout DVOA...you got me mixed up with someone else

And the other thing you factor into all this is quality of pass catcher's....we were throwing to street free agents last year. Before you go throwing the qb under the bus give him more the jags to actually throw to and see if the numbers improve.

Then if they dont....you know where those 2 first round picks need to go next year.

Pretty much let every talented Bills FA walk and replaced them with draft picks.

We "let" free agents walk? Or did they overprice themselves?

And aside from Gilmore and Woods....who did we let walk?

Let me amplify my post on this

I have no doubt that there will be times Gilmore's loss will be felt....there will be times when a pass is completed we will all be in the shoutbox complaining about it....however I think it is also important to note that the zone scheme will end up covering a lot of that up....out goes man which is harder to do...in comes zone which our group seems more adapt to.....and we brought in a lot of veteran corners so we are not relying too much on youth.

With Woods....I think you obviously lose some blocking ability from the WR spot....but everybody overlooks that Woods has been playing injured the last 2 years.....once again...aside from Zay Jones it is not a pretty experienced wr core.

Would like to see one more quality TE myself......

Edited by John from Hemet

Yea.

Id be impressed if they go .500 or better thanks to some of the moves he made. A 6-10 season and fans will already be sick of McEgo.

McEgo...that's a good one. Getting ready for the eventuality when we all turn on our new head coach. Five months in, not even one OTA yet, already calling him names. Bills fans.

too bad he isnt as good a football player

QB's need to be passers first, not a RB impersonating a QB.

I'll take the superior passer who can challenge a defense with his arm over a gimmick QB anyday.

How did they overprice themselves if teams were willing to pay them?

Signing Gilmore or franchise tagging him would've been ideal as opposed to the jauron like approach in filling his void with a first round pick. Same goes for Woods.

Letting MG walk also made little sense. As did the tender.

It's a good thing McDermott is confident in his coaching(and GM) abilities, but that will sour quickly on the fans if they suck again this year.

Was the Touchdown Mike thing McD or Whaley? It seems to me the time of the placing of the tag would put it not in McD's timeline?

We will have to see on all of this.....Gilmore (and it is not his fault) but did not make this team back to a top 5 D.....he would have had to overcome RR's ineptness and NOBODY was going to do that.

That is YOUR opinion of what a QB should look like...do not mistake YOUR opinion for what the bills want

The Bills only want Taylor to be the stopgap until they draft their guy next season.

You guys will all be off the Taylor bandwagon after this season...book it.

I'll be rooting for him on sundays👍🏻

If we lose it will be the fans fault though....

Keep thumping that narrative. It's not the fans fault win or lose, but fans can still act like a##holes.

Real big of you to root for him Sundays.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

one again....that is your opinion....you have absolutely no proof that is the case.

The fact that they made him re-do his deal with less money and the ability to walk away after next season is all the proof you could ask for.

Or you could choose to blindly disregard the obvious like many Taylor supporters do.

The fact that they made him re-do his deal with less money and the ability to walk away after next season is all the proof you could ask for.

Or you could choose to blindly disregard the obvious like many Taylor supporters do.

Or you can continue to blindly throw money **** at the wall and see what sticks.....because that is what you do