PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

....so then the Whaley firing was more about style versus substance in your assessment?......

Yeah, clearly McDermott has had the final say on the roster since soon after he was hired.

Any thought to the contrary was pretty much cleared up when they fired Whaley and all the scouts just hours after the draft.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or if you prefer a negative slant...third worst.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/861177814799855617

Certainly he's better than Fitz was, and worse than Brady.

You look at the stats and it looks like Tannehill is passing better than Tyrod, a much higher completion percentage and a considerably longer YPA (8th vs.26th), significantly more INTs but more late-game success than Tyrod (3 fourth quarter comebacks and 3 game-winning drives vs. Tyrod's one and one).

But certainly Tyrod runs better. So overall, well, it's not out of the question.

I'd take Tannehill, myself. But to each their own, I guess. Neither guy's that great, but I'd take Tannehill's future.

McCown's record is 18-42

No, that's the record of the teams he played for in games he started.

The name of that stat is actually "Team Record in Games Started By This QB (Regular Season)".

Grading a QB based on how well the defense plays or whether the kicker makes or misses field goals is utterly ridiculous. And if you go back and check the records of the teams he recorded wins or losses for, you find that without McCown they performed slightly worse. He's been on awful teams.

But I'd take Tyrod over McCown, though both are bridge guys, IMHO, I think Tyrod's significantly better.

Edited by Thurman#1

Certainly he's better than Fitz was, and worse than Brady.

You look at the stats and it looks like Tannehill is passing better than Tyrod, a much higher completion percentage and a considerably longer YPA (8th vs.26th), significantly more INTs but more late-game success than Tyrod (3 fourth quarter comebacks and 3 game-winning drives vs. Tyrod's one and one).

But certainly Tyrod runs better. So overall, well, it's not out of the question.

I'd take Tannehill, myself. But to each their own, I guess. Neither guy's that great, but I'd take Tannehill's future.

Why would you take Tannehill's future? He's started almost three times as many games as Tyrod has, he's a year older than Tyrod, and his numbers really aren't any better than Tyrod's. What makes you think he will improve but Tyrod won't?

Tyrod has 2 more TDs and 1/2 as many INTs in the same number of starts as Tannehill over the last 2 years. Carry on...

....and the Fins were 10-6 versus Bflo at 7-9.......so what is the actual value of stats?.......did you think Dilfer's stats in 2000 equated to a Ravens' SB win?.....

Tannehill lead a team to a playoffs. Taylor hasn't. Carry on...

No he didn't, Matt Moore did. Tyrod has a better record than Tannehill over the last 2 years.

....and the Fins were 10-6 versus Bflo at 7-9.......so what is the actual value of stats?.......did you think Dilfer's stats in 2000 equated to a Ravens' SB win?.....

see above ^^

He's better than two teams who trot out less than competent starters... not overly impressive.

Full disclosure, I want to see Taylor succeed. If TT succeeds, then the Bills will succeed. I just don't envision the guy evolving more than what we have already seen out of him.

To me Taylor is maxed out, maybe Dennison gets more out of Taylor. If everyone remains healthy, there are playmakers and no excuses.

Moral of the story, I am not holding off looking into QBS next year because he's second best in the AFCE

He's better than two teams who trot out less than competent starters... not overly impressive.

Full disclosure, I want to see Taylor succeed. If TT succeeds, then the Bills will succeed. I just don't envision the guy evolving more than what we have already seen out of him.

To me Taylor is maxed out, maybe Dennison gets more out of Taylor. If everyone remains healthy, there are playmakers and no excuses.

Moral of the story, I am not holding off looking into QBS next year because he's second best in the AFCE

not sure anyone is saying that if tt does not take a leap forward i think were taking our 2 first rounders and getting a signal caller

not sure anyone is saying that if tt does not take a leap forward i think were taking our 2 first rounders and getting a signal caller

Maybe not, but there are plenty of people who think what he's done is plenty good already.

He's a decent starting QB. We complained less when we had trash QBs. No one is opposed to upgrading. The Bills should have a chance to land a QB in a great QB draft. TT is the best option now and in a year maybe he won't be. I don't know the need to constantly discuss it.

What did McCown do?

....he is the quintessential d-bag.....I was living at a Cleveland Marriott while my late wife underwent medical treatments, same hotel Browns used for minis, rook tryouts, camp etc.......met a bunch of kids on tryouts, rooks, vets showing up early, etc.....a great bunch.....friendlier than hell and everything was respectful "yes sir no sir"...TOLD 'EM, "DROP THE SIR, i KNOW I'M OLD"......poolside beverages, shoot the breeze, etc....only a-hole was McGown...hotel staff hated him as he treated them like ****....attitude was "don't you know WHO I AM?"....sure do, a big ZERO..........