PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

....he is the quintessential d-bag.....I was living at a Cleveland Marriott while my late wife underwent medical treatments, same hotel Browns used for minis, rook tryouts, camp etc.......met a bunch of kids on tryouts, rooks, vets showing up early, etc.....a great bunch.....friendlier than hell and everything was respectful "yes sir no sir"...TOLD 'EM, "DROP THE SIR, i KNOW I'M OLD"......poolside beverages, shoot the breeze, etc....only a-hole was McGown...hotel staff hated him as he treated them like ****....attitude was "don't you know WHO I AM?"....sure do, a big ZERO..........

disappointing to hear this. Thought he seemed like a decent guy. Oh well, glad he's with Jests now.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off topic but am I the only one that winced and sighed in huge disappointment and utter sadness when migrating over to this board after BBMB shut down and saw that "Crusher" had made his way over..... :doh:

This made me smile a little bit.

I like stirring up those emotions in posters like yourself. And I know you are not the only one.

That pain and sadness is only going to increase in the coming months.

Embrace what's to come

This made me smile a little bit.

I like stirring up those emotions in posters like yourself. And I know you are not the only one.

That pain and sadness is only going to increase in the coming months.

Embrace what's to come

How about getting behind Taylor and rooting for him to do well.

TT is a limited NFL QB. He's also a gifted athlete who Can be difficult to defend in the right offensive scheme. The Bills pretty clearly understand he's not the franchise QB they want to commit to long term. They have set themselves up to get one of the best next year and can still hang on to TT if needed. I'm not the worlds biggest TT fan but I do like some things about him as a player and look forward to seeing what he does in the new offense.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Claiming that it is year seven clearly shows the usual agenda you have.

I know facts are hard for you to deal with, but that's exactly what it is.

He's been in the league a long time, and I've seen rookies look much more the part of a QB than Taylor.

Face facts...the guy just doesn't possess the required mental abilities that the good QB's have.

This is exactly where all that time on the bench and under good coaches and players should have shown, but it hasn't. He QB's with his physical abilities, but the stuff he had time to learn just isn't there.

It's now come down to his final shot, and it's more likely than not that he doesn't show much more than he has in his previous years, which isn't good enough, and which is why he took a massive pay cut and is on a year to year deal.

I dont even know why i am fighting with you in other threads.....i see eye to eye with you on most stuff

truth be told i am losing track of the handles of everyone with all of the influx of new people.....

I think Taylor is one of the bright spots on this team. I really do.

How about getting behind Taylor and rooting for him to do well.

I'm fine with him being the QB this year. My position was always that he can come back on a lesser deal as a stopgap until a better option comes along.

At the same time, I'm going to stay realistic with what I've seen, and expect play that's just not good enough.

He's been in the league a long time, and I've seen rookies look much more the part of a QB than Taylor.

Face facts...the guy just doesn't possess the required mental abilities that the good QB's have.

This is exactly where all that time on the bench and under good coaches and players should have shown, but it hasn't. He QB's with his physical abilities, but the stuff he had time to learn just isn't there.

It's now come down to his final shot, and it's more likely than not that he doesn't show much more than he has in his previous years, which isn't good enough, and which is why he took a massive pay cut and is on a year to year deal.

I'll let you know when you actually post some facts.

in your opinion...they most certainly are NOT facts

You do realize that being second string to a franchise qb and not taking live fire snaps is not the same as being game planned and executing a game plan week in and week out right? You do realize that his primary target missed several games.....his 2nd receiver has been dealing with a groin injury.....and he was throwing to street free agent quite a bit last year right? You do realize that his 2015 was better then his 2016 where he had more of his starting core available right? AND you do realize that quarterbacks mature at different rates.........right?

It is not a fact...it is in fact your OPINION....if TT was this mental midget you would have everyone believe then opposing defenses would be baiting him into turnovers.......he is turning in the fewest turnovers of any starting quarterback EVER.

When TT came into the league his game was downright HIDEOUS......the work with coaches and players HAS improved his game.....unfortunately your narrow minded view cannot accept that qbs mature at different rates.

Even if it did not work out for the bills i guarantee you it would not be his final shot.....some other team would sign him and bring him into camp......and you have absolutely NO information on the pay cut.....it is strictly your opinion....or should i say your OBSESSION

You do realize that being second string to a franchise qb and not taking live fire snaps is not the same as being game planned and executing a game plan week in and week out right? You do realize that his primary target missed several games.....his 2nd receiver has been dealing with a groin injury.....and he was throwing to street free agent quite a bit last year right? You do realize that his 2015 was better then his 2016 where he had more of his starting core available right? AND you do realize that quarterbacks mature at different rates.........right?

It is not a fact...it is in fact your OPINION....if TT was this mental midget you would have everyone believe then opposing defenses would be baiting him into turnovers.......he is turning in the fewest turnovers of any starting quarterback EVER.

When TT came into the league his game was downright HIDEOUS......the work with coaches and players HAS improved his game.....unfortunately your narrow minded view cannot accept that qbs mature at different rates.

Even if it did not work out for the bills i guarantee you it would not be his final shot.....some other team would sign him and bring him into camp......and you have absolutely NO information on the pay cut.....it is strictly your opinion....or should i say your OBSESSION

Excellent rebuttals. I doubt he responds back.

Yeah...we all want fantastic things to happen in our lives. The difference is that most of us end up being realistic with ourselves instead of banking on something that is not very realistic. The Bills have done this with Taylor and his contract. It's a reality check to Taylor, and it gives the Bills the ability to move on once they are in a position to. Year seven for Taylor on the way, and smart money is on him being the same guy who isn't a very good passer that will not come through when it matters most. Only a handful of guys here are having trouble coming to terms with this.

You're letting an important fact just slip past you:

McDermott (who it's now very clear has had GM like authority since he arrived) had 2 months once he arrived to evaluate Taylor and the QB position and chose to hire Taylor's former OC and keep him.

Really only 2 conclusions based on what's transpired:

1) McDermott is planning on tanking after keeping a QB who was already on the team who he believed would help the Bills get a high draft pick in 2018.

OR

2) McDermott believes this team can win NOW with Taylor and in the process will further evaluate his long term prospects, but doesn't have any intention of committing to him if we can't.

I'm sorry, but option 1 seems far-fetched, especially with the Dennison hire.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Yes...it was fact that he's going into his seventh season. That's what JM challenged me on, and he was wrong.

Point one dismissed.

You do realize that during that time behind Flacco and under Harbaugh that Taylor should have learned how to command an offense and master the off field stuff, right? You do realize he had to have the playbook dumbed down, and that he has trouble reading what he sees before the snap and during the plays, right? You surely also realize that good QB's make the receivers and not the other way around, right? And you also realize that Taylor regressed from 2015 to 2016, right? RIGHT.

Point two dismissed.

And no, he wouldn't have high turnovers because he plays in a simplistic offense where he can't be baited into turnovers. He mainly throws to guys that are wide open on sideline routes. The offense that the Bills have had to run for him caters to what you mentioned. They know he's not capable of anticipating throws and would get baited into turnovers if they put more on his plate...hence the reason why the passing offense is bottom of the league.

Point three dismissed.

Has Taylor really improved his game? I've read the scouting reports, and it sure seems to match the flaws he currently has. You have a delusional view that Tyrod needs more time when he has clearly maxed out his abilities. Most QB's at least give you a glimpse of being special during their first few years. The Ravens didn't see it, and it hasn't shown with the Bills. Logic says my stance is much more likely than this illusion that Tyrod just needs to mature. He needs to learn how to master the basics, and since he hasn't yet, I seriously doubt he has the ability to do so.

Point four dismissed.

It's Taylor's final shot at being regarded as a legitimate starter. Sure, he can bounce around the league battling other borderline guys, but the big money and the chance to be the guy will have evaporated should the Bills move on from him. And I have all the info I need on the pay cut. If you can't put that puzzle together, you need to go back to school.

All points diamissed.

Thanks for the effort

And as for the rest of your post...hilariously ironic. Take a look in the mirror when you say those things about bias and a desire to be right.

What's sad here is that you have failed to see that your behavior is no better than the posters you criticize. You are just on the other side of the fence doing it.

Crusher, you're on a whole new level when you do it...

TT is a limited NFL QB. He's also a gifted athlete who Can be difficult to defend in the right offensive scheme. The Bills pretty clearly understand he's not the franchise QB they want to commit to long term. They have set themselves up to get one of the best next year and can still hang on to TT if needed. I'm not the worlds biggest TT fan but I do like some things about him as a player and look forward to seeing what he does in the new offense.

This kind of well considered and balanced thought is frowned upon. You have to love or hate. Have you NOT been paying attention?

Yes...it was fact that he's going into his seventh season. That's what JM challenged me on, and he was wrong.

Point one dismissed.

You do realize that during that time behind Flacco and under Harbaugh that Taylor should have learned how to command an offense and master the off field stuff, right? You do realize he had to have the playbook dumbed down, and that he has trouble reading what he sees before the snap and during the plays, right? You surely also realize that good QB's make the receivers and not the other way around, right? And you also realize that Taylor regressed from 2015 to 2016, right? RIGHT.

who in the hell are you to be the one to say how fast a NFL qb progresses? I will say it again....if he was so bad they would HAVE NEEDED TO PULL HIM FROM THE FIELD DUE TO INTERCEPTIONS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO MOVE THE TEAM. you do realize that you can only do so much with hamburger meat right? We have seen lots of times when qbs did not look very good when they were not playing with their number 1 options much less their number 2? Why all of a sudden is this not an excuse for TT? And everybody knows that he did not play as well last year as he did the year before? There were circumstances for that even if you choose to ignore them.

Point still valid

Point two dismissed.

And no, he wouldn't have high turnovers because he plays in a simplistic offense where he can't be baited into turnovers. He mainly throws to guys that are wide open on sideline routes. The offense that the Bills have had to run for him caters to what you mentioned. They know he's not capable of anticipating throws and would get baited into turnovers if they put more on his plate...hence the reason why the passing offense is bottom of the league.

Frankly this shows how little you actually know about football.....defensive coordinators make their living dissecting tendancies of NFL starting qbs......if it was so "simplistic" they would be all over it stopping it......but hey.....7th in the nfl scoring offense with him on the field....are all NFL DC's dummies? The passing offense is low because what they were doing was WORKING.

Point still valid

Point three dismissed.

Has Taylor really improved his game? I've read the scouting reports, and it sure seems to match the flaws he currently has. You have a delusional view that Tyrod needs more time when he has clearly maxed out his abilities. Most QB's at least give you a glimpse of being special during their first few years. The Ravens didn't see it, and it hasn't shown with the Bills. Logic says my stance is much more likely than this illusion that Tyrod just needs to mature. He needs to learn how to master the basics, and since he hasn't yet, I seriously doubt he has the ability to do so.

How would you even know whether TT has or has not maxed out his abilities from your lazy boy chair at home? Qualified NFL coaches dissagree with you.......Mike Mayock dissagrees with you who I take his opinion a hell of lot more then yours. There is no illusion.....the bills can win with Tyrod Taylor in a system that allows him to run and pass.........maybe you should be MORE concerned about areas of the team that DIDNT perform......it certainly was not the offense.

Point still valid

Point four dismissed.

It's Taylor's final shot at being regarded as a legitimate starter. Sure, he can bounce around the league battling other borderline guys, but the big money and the chance to be the guy will have evaporated should the Bills move on from him. And I have all the info I need on the pay cut. If you can't put that puzzle together, you need to go back to school.

How would you even know if it is TT's last shot as a starter......what credentials do you carry to make this evaluation? Sleeping at a Holiday Inn once does not count.....

By the way.....I dont need to go back to school.....I WORK at a school....maybe should stop your know nothing crusading and trying to sell your vision of how this all played out when you dont know jack squat

All points still valid

All points diamissed.

Thanks for the effort PS I see that you have already been warned for this crusading which is against the TOS of our board....better find a knew string on that banjo bud

Edited by John from Hemet

You're letting an important fact just slip past you:

McDermott (who it's now very clear has had GM like authority since he arrived) had 2 months once he arrived to evaluate Taylor and the QB position and chose to hire Taylor's former OC and keep him.

Really only 2 conclusions based on what's transpired:

1) McDermott is planning on tanking after keeping a QB who was already on the team who he believed would help the Bills get a high draft pick in 2018.

OR

2) McDermott believes this team can win NOW with Taylor and in the process will further evaluate his long term prospects, but doesn't have any intention of committing to him if we can't.

I'm sorry, but option 1 seems far-fetched, especially with the Dennison hire.

Option three : McDermott doesn't want to tank and kept the guy who's familiar with the team and got an OC who wants to work with him. The options were limited, and he wants stability until they can find an upgrade.

Point one dismissed.

Point two dismissed.

Point three dismissed.

Point four dismissed.

All points diamissed.

Thanks for the effort

You really didn't dismiss anything.

You completely missed the points he made and tried to negate them with marginal tangents that barely touched the issue.

You should do yourself a favor and stop posting for a day or two.

Option three : McDermott doesn't want to tank and kept the guy who's familiar with the team and got an OC who wants to work with him. The options were limited, and he wants stability until they can find an upgrade.

Options were limited? You sure about that?

You really didn't dismiss anything.

You completely missed the points he made and tried to negate them with marginal tangents that barely touched the issue.

You should do yourself a favor and stop posting for a day or two.

Options were limited? You sure about that?

You should do yourself a favor and stop embarrassing yourself by taking up for a guy who's not very good.

At least I can take solace in the fact that I'm not defending some medioocre at best player to the death.

If anyone should stop posting, it's you. Countless threads over and over on who? On nobody, because that's what Taylor is in terms of QB's in the NFL.

You should do yourself a favor and stop embarrassing yourself by taking up for a guy who's not very good.

At least I can take solace in the fact that I'm not defending some medioocre at best player to the death.

If anyone should stop posting, it's you. Countless threads over and over on who? On nobody, because that's what Taylor is in terms of QB's in the NFL.

You can't count very high, can you?

2 threads on Taylor in over 2 months.