PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

You should do yourself a favor and stop embarrassing yourself by taking up for a guy who's not very good.

At least I can take solace in the fact that I'm not defending some medioocre at best player to the death.

If anyone should stop posting, it's you. Countless threads over and over on who? On nobody, because that's what Taylor is in terms of QB's in the NFL.

LOL who are you to tell someone to stop posting here? Because he doesnt agree with your opinion you state as fact?

You need to take a break

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claiming that it is year seven clearly shows the usual agenda you have.

Claiming it is year seven shows nothing more than a respect for facts. It's year seven. That's not the whole picture, but it's a fact.

As is the fact that the amount of people who developed after year six into franchise QBs can pretty much be counted on one finger of Rich Gannon's throwing hand. It's highly unlikely Tyrod will manage that.

If he did, it would sure be terrific news for the Bills, though. Worth hoping for, But not only should nobody hold their breath, we probably shouldn't even agree to listen to a song we hate every day till it happens.

Edited by Thurman#1

Claiming it is year seven shows nothing more than a respect for facts. It's year seven. That's not the whole picture, but it's a fact.

As is the fact that the amount of people who developed after year six into franchise QBs can pretty much be counted on one finger of Rich Gannon's throwing hand. It's highly unlikely Tyrod will manage that.

If he did, it would sure be terrific news for the Bills, though. Worth hoping for, But not only should nobody hold their breath, we probably shouldn't even agree to listen to a song we hate every day till it happens.

the fact being discussed starts and stops when him being in the league for 7 years......every opinion past that (and there are a lot being thrown out there as fact) is just opinion.

He may well have reached his ceiling? but in all honesty do we actually know that?......the fact of the matter is he was the best option at the time....

- If he does improve....that is a great thing

- If he does not improve....we have 2 first round picks in a qb rich draft in 2018

I tried to look that up and I think you have to subscribe to see that. But I did find this page:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season/

PFF ranks Taylor 20th out of 32. But as you can compare, all the scores are different from the tweet. (Taylor: 81.5) So I don't know what the tweet scores represent exactly. But that rank doesn't even follow the scores given. He's ranked 20th but his score is ranked 13th out of 32.

Crusher was told to stop posting and take a break first, let the facts show. He simply responded in kind.

Crusher usually causes drama because he has a negative view of the team's current QB and his future, for many fans this comes off as a defeatist/loser attitude. Predicting failure can be misconstrued as rooting for failure.

I for one think it's silly to sit around and be negative. We (as fans) do not get to decide the roster (although we do get to debate its merits).

I always root for our guys, and I will be this season again for Tyrod and McDermott. Hoping for the best not expecting the worst (we are the NFLs best 500 team after all).

I've been rooting for all of them since I was watching games on my dad's lap 25 years ago, cried (I was 8 years old) when it went wide right. This year will be no different for me.

Go Bills?

Crusher was told to stop posting and take a break first, let the facts show. He simply responded in kind.

Crusher usually causes drama because he has a negative view of the team's current QB and his future, for many fans this comes off as a defeatist/loser attitude. Predicting failure can be misconstrued as rooting for failure.

I for one think it's silly to sit around and be negative. We (as fans) do not get to decide the roster (although we do get to debate its merits).

I always root for our guys, and I will be this season again for Tyrod and McDermott. Hoping for the best not expecting the worst (we are the NFLs best 500 team after all).

I've been rooting for all of them since I was watching games on my dad's lap 25 years ago, cried (I was 8 years old) when it went wide right. This year will be no different for me.

Go Bills?

Your not following his posts...crusher has already been warned.....I actually tried to send him a much kinder response in a earlier post because I dont want to see poster's get banned.....

Im not the hall monitor here....if it happens it happens.

1. The franchise tag stops them from going anywhere.

2. Your are right. Fans will love McDermott if their record improves. He'd have a better opportunity to do that if he brought back at least ONE of the key contributing FA's the Bills had. Hopes he's as good a coach as he thinks he is.

3. Why does the cute little nickname get you mad?

They could've managed to tag Gilmore and 2nd round tender on MG.... not signing Poyer and Vlad Ducasse to the contracts would've helped them get there.

You have no proof that MG tender was Whaley?? Typical though.... All the bad moves must've been made from the guy who's not here anymore. Actually you have to think that was McDermott and not Whaley considering what transpired right after the draft ended.

No. There's no reason to think McDermott was assigning RFA tenders and negotiating with free agents just because of what happened after the draft...

I don't know for sure that it was Whaley and Overdorf, but that is their job as GM + guy in charge of contracts & cap. That is something they've always done in the past, and the Gillislee move fits their MO with the way RFA tenders have been handled in previous years.

Everything I seen written said it was Whaley and Overdorf's decision, too. (Here's just one example - http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/19/analysis-mike-gillislee-dilemma-starts-jim-overdorfs-mismanagement-salary-cap/

Call me crazy for blaming the GM and contract guy for the stuff that falls under their job description - responsibilities that they have always been in charge of in the past...

We also seen reports long before McDermott was hired that the team wasn't willing to pay Gilmore more than $11.5M, and that they weren't even really negotiating with Robert Woods. Those guys could have been signed long before McDermott got here. The Bills had a long time to get them signed. They could start negotiating a year ago with Woods, or (I believe) two years ago, with Gilmore.

Obviously Whaley felt that they were not worth the contracts they got in FA, since he didn't offer anything close to those contracts from what was reported.

Also, I never said that the a Bills could not have given Gillislee the 2nd round tender. I just said not doing that was most likely a Whaley/Overdorf move.

I was addressing your post that said the a Bills should have kept Gilmore, Woods and matched Gillislee's offer. That was not realistic.

I actually don't know how realistic tagging Gilmore was, alone. The Bills had the 7th or 8th least cap space in the NFL heading into 2017. They only had roughly $24M in cap space, with only 49 players under contract and 24+ free agents. Tagging Gilmore would have eaten more than half that cap space. Signing Poyer and Ducasse took what, about $4M? Those are normal depth signing every team makes. Again, it wasn't McDermotts fault the Bills cap was so mismanaged...

Like I said in my previous post - there are a lot of different things to factor in to why those free agents were not signed. Blaming it all on McDermott is just silly. He probably deserves the smallest share of the blame IMO.

Edited by BillsFan4

Without even looking it up you're forgetting Steve Young.

Typical...

Your not following his posts...crusher has already been warned.....I actually tried to send him a much kinder response in a earlier post because I dont want to see poster's get banned.....

Im not the hall monitor here....if it happens it happens.

Warned?

Sorry...I have received absolutely no warnings for anything here. You must have me mistaken for the posters that can't control themselves when discussing certain topics with me...JM2009 has been warned here for his conduct, though.

You chastised me for giving someone back the treatment they gave me...funny how that goes. It's ok because that poster agrees with you on Taylor.

It's fine to disagree and have discussion. I've always maintained a level of respect here until someone decides to respond inappropriately.

These posters that hate me and have an issue with my take on Taylor have demonstrated time and time again that they are the ones that can't behave and have discussion. Again...I have not received, nor do I deserve any type of warnings here.

My take has simply been that Taylor is not good enough. I have been fine with him as the stopgap for this season, as the pickings were slim, and McDermott didn't want to have this team starting from square one. My issue was the money he was due, and the fact that his play didn't warrant that previous deal. He also doesn't deserve the job security. The Bills agreed with me and took both away from him. Now it's do or die for Taylor as a Bill, and I'm fine with sorting that out in a throw away year for this staff.

I'm certainly not always negative. There are a number of things I'm positive about with this team. Taylor, however is not one of them.

Carry on with whatever it is you like to do here, but please don't portray me as a deviant here on this board. It's actually completely untrue, and it's stuff like that that gets posters in trouble.

Consider this a friendly reminder, friend.

off topic but am I the only one that winced and sighed in huge disappointment and utter sadness when migrating over to this board after BBMB shut down and saw that "Crusher" had made his way over..... :doh:

no, you're not the only one.

This made me smile a little bit.

I like stirring up those emotions in posters like yourself. And I know you are not the only one.

That pain and sadness is only going to increase in the coming months.

Embrace what's to come

the idiocy of this post is so very clear.

not surprising though that this poster would get off on raising emotions. those emotions are not that of humor, but of hate. this person is not really a fan of a football team but a fan of trolling a board(s) spreading an agenda and not only hoping to piss people off, but gets off on it.

kind of disturbing to say the least and a shame this board would allow such actions.

Another poster that never came close to bringing legit discussion to any Bills board crying about someone that will say whatever it is that he believes, and does so while maintaining a level of respect and proper conduct. Can't say the same for you, though, Mr. word edit.

I can't shed a tear for you.

the idiocy of this post is so very clear.

not surprising though that this poster would get off on raising emotions. those emotions are not that of humor, but of hate. this person is not really a fan of a football team but a fan of trolling a board(s) spreading an agenda and not only hoping to piss people off, but gets off on it.

kind of disturbing to say the least and a shame this board would allow such actions.

Oh, contrare.

I'm actually a huge Bills fan. Dare I say that I'm quite possibly a bigger fan than you since I refuse to accept failure and want more for this team and our fans than the crap we've had for what seems to be forever now.

This board allows posters to criticize the Bills...this is something you and others have a real hard time dealing with.

If you want a happy place where no poster can be critical of this team or it's players, you may need to go somewhere else.

And yes...I will continue to enjoy the pain my posting causes posters such as yourself because you simply haven't shown the ability to just stick to discussion and respect someone else's POV. Instead, you and others have chosen to attack, criticize, lie and complain.

It's really tough to be sympathetic to folks like that.

Another poster that never came close to bringing legit discussion to any Bills board crying about someone that will say whatever it is that he believes, and does so while maintaining a level of respect and proper conduct. Can't say the same for you, though, Mr. word edit.

Oh, contrare.

I'm actually a huge Bills fan. Dare I say that I'm quite possibly a bigger fan than you since I refuse to accept failure and want more for this team and our fans than the crap we've had for what seems to be forever now.

This board allows posters to criticize the Bills...this is something you and others have a real hard time dealing with.

If you want a happy place where no poster can be critical of this team or it's players, you may need to go somewhere else.

And yes...I will continue to enjoy the pain my posting causes posters such as yourself because you simply haven't shown the ability to just stick to discussion and respect someone else's POV. Instead, you and others have chosen to attack, criticize, lie and complain.

like I said, this board allowing such posts is a shame. no, you are a demented individual without a doubt.

Oh, contrare.

does anyone else find the bolded ironic?