Best candy bar in the world...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolo would bean anyone but is not technically a candy bar. I will have to look up the others.

If you treat an unopened package of Rolos right, it'll turn into a candy bar.

My favorite is a peanut butter egg from some company named Zitner's that's only out around Easter. The furthest north I've found them is South Jersey, so I don't know if they're available in the Buffalo area. I know I can't find them in NYC.

Last week I was in the break room at my office and the guy was there filling up the snack machine (60 selections). I asked him about the most popular candy bar and he said that, in his machines, Snickers outsells all other snacks combined.

Not surprised. Snickers is just a solidly good and unobjectionable candy bar.

Not surprised. Snickers is just a solidly good and unobjectionable candy bar.

It surprises me that the numbers are that skewed just based on the peanuts. I know that many people like peanuts but am surprised that Snicker outdoes everything else combined. I'd have thought Milky Way alone would do half the biz of Snickers. Add in M&M, 3 Musketeers and I would have thought it would catch up right there even before you got to the chick stuff and weirdo stuff.

It surprises me that the numbers are that skewed just based on the peanuts. I know that many people like peanuts but am surprised that Snicker outdoes everything else combined. I'd have thought Milky Way alone would do half the biz of Snickers. Add in M&M, 3 Musketeers and I would have thought it would catch up right there even before you got to the chick stuff and weirdo stuff.

If I had to guess, I would have said M&Ms would be the top seller. Then again, that's going to depend on the location of the machine. M&Ms are probably a bigger seller with the kids, so an office machine could skew away from that.

And speaking of M&Ms, I've been seeing caramel ones in my gas station lately. I'm curious to see how that works out, an M&M with a liquid filling. I don't know if they've done that before. They've definitely gone overboard with some of their flavors, but you can't go wrong with the combination of caramel and chocolate.

Edited by shrader

Did I seriously see a mention of Mallo Cups? Those things are awful :sick:

Says the guy who only likes candy if it has peanut butter in it. (Excepting the Snickers, of course, which has the precursors to peanut butter in it. :P)

If I had to guess, I would have said M&Ms would be the top seller. Then again, that's going to depend on the location of the machine. M&Ms are probably a bigger seller with the kids, so an office machine could skew away from that.

And speaking of M&Ms, I've been seeing caramel ones in my gas station lately. I'm curious to see how that works out, an M&M with a liquid filling. I don't know if they've done that before. They've definitely gone overboard with some of their flavors, but you can't go wrong with the combination of caramel and chocolate.

Caramel isn't liquidy.