2018 NFL Mock Draft: Bills land QB

I base it on having read articles several times that Jim Mora Jr. thinks Rosen needs to straighten​ up or he'll be the next Johnny Football. I suspect he knows a lot more about him than we do.

Rosen does need to show more maturity. However, not nearly as bad as other prospects coming out.

Certainly not a head case by any stretch tho

WOW ... one week since a great draft and we're already looking at 2018 ... it's like pulling down the Xmas ornaments 7 days since Christmas and forgetting about the presents you just opened .. no thanks.

That said pick 6 in this mock ... no telling where the Bills / Chiefs will land in terms of draft order ... I'll take Peterman ("best NFL ready QB he's seen in 4 years" ... Jon Gruden from Gruden QB Camp).

I get that it's fun to talk about what players a team can shoot for in the future, but enough with the mock drafts! I think of the major draft gurus the best performance this year was ... wait for it ... exactly two players in the 1st round going to the predicted team! (Trades will do that). It's just the tiredest clickbait out there now. Please, a moratorium on mock draft posts!

Anyway, I'm more concerned with who Buffalo is taking in 2019 and 2020, when robots can finally be drafted.

And if Peterman starts and gets us to the playoffs? I think our needs change. Pure speculation. Let's at least start the 2017 season first.....

Thank you. Peterman may get the job and we aren't drafting sixth unless we bundle the picks and I don't believe we will.

Lol at Peterman fans. Theres a very good chance he doesn't even make the team. We aren't keeping 4 QB's.

Donald and Rosen are going 1 and 2. Lamar Jackson isn't an NFL QB. We are in QB pergutory because we can't get a top pick. Going .500+- every year has destroyed this franchise. Not good enough for the playoffs, not bad enough to get a top pick

Watching Rosen play week 1 in College Station didn't leave me super impressed, but it was only the first game of the year and The Kyle Field.

I'll give him a pass. He did show good poise and pocket presence.

If it wasn't for Justin Evans incredibly athletic performance at safety, Rosen and UCLA take that game.

Lol at Peterman fans. Theres a very good chance he doesn't even make the team. We aren't keeping 4 QB's.

Donald and Rosen are going 1 and 2. Lamar Jackson isn't an NFL QB. We are in QB pergutory because we can't get a top pick. Going .500+- every year has destroyed this franchise. Not good enough for the playoffs, not bad enough to get a top pick

Peterman is better than you think, but of course it's all opinion. Not saying he's a savior but I would make a wager that he starts the year So QB3 behind Tyrod and Yates. I don't think Cardale is going to be a part of the rebuild with a new GM and Coach McD - I could be wrong.

If Peterman shows good promise, he could supplant Yates at the backup role.

I agree with you on QB purgatory, it has set us back - among other boneheaded front office decisions since drafting Todd Collins to present day.

About Darnold and Rosen going 1, 2...could easily happen but these discussions happen every year right?

Remember Barkley, Hackenberg, etc..? All supposed to be top 5 guys the year before they were drafted but things happen and other guys like Trubiski and Goff come out of nowhere to become a #2 overall pick.

Way too early for any type of definitive evaluation of QBs

Guys I'll be watching closely include:

Baker Mayfield

Jake Browning

Josh Allen

Josh Rosen

San Darnold

Lamar Jackson

Jarrett Stidham

Mason Rudolph

And several others as well

Edited by thebandit27

Way too early for any type of definitive evaluation of QBs

Guys I'll be watching closely include:

Baker Mayfield

Jake Browning

Josh Allen

Josh Rosen

San Darnold

Lamar Jackson

Jarrett Stidham

Mason Rudolph

And several others as well

Browning and Rudolph are going to be very interesting prospects for sure.

Darnold's the obvious favorite. Which also means he's the most unlikely since we'll have to be in the perfect spot to get him and I don't see the Bills having the worst record in the league.

I dont think Jackson will be an NFL QB, and I'd still rather have him over Rosen. So I'm hoping Mason Rudolph makes some strides and we can get him as the 3rd or 4th QB without having to even trade up.

Will be fun to watch those 4 offenses this college season.

Havent seen anything real impressive out of Allen or Falk to care about.

Edited by DrDareustein

And if Peterman starts and gets us to the playoffs? I think our needs change. Pure speculation. Let's at least start the 2017 season first.....

Yeah, it's speculation.

So is who we grab for GM. Speculating about the Buffalo Bills' future is about 90% of what we do here. No need to wait as long as we take it with a grain of salt. Which we should do for any guesswork about the future, really.

Particularly approaching the deadest part of the offseason, why not look further ahead?

The "we aren't keeping 4 QBs" thing is not the fact that some people seem to be saying it is. Either we are or we aren't but the one thing that's for certain is that it's too early to know. Especially since the rule about not dressing five guys if you think someone's a good developmental candidate, there's room to keep him.

And another thing to know is that even assuming we only carry three, Peterman isn't any more likely to go than Cardale or even Yates.

Edited by Thurman#1

Boooo!!!...if we are finally drafting our franchise QB, I do not want the one that still has to improve as a passer....

Anyone of Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Falk will do just fine...no more gimmick QBs.

Yeah - Lamar Jackson is an incredible athlete, but he hasn't cracked 60% completions for a season yet - let's see how he does year 3.

Thank you. Peterman may get the job and we aren't drafting sixth unless we bundle the picks and I don't believe we will.

I love Peterman, but I think it's fair to assume the 2018 QB class certainly factored into the Bills' decision to trade down for the extra pick so they could bundle up next April.