Whatever happened to? Once famous people no longer famous

dpberr

My two candidates:

The Dixie Chicks: Heard one of their more famous songs in a restaurant the other night. They have completely disappeared. What happened? Did their protest of the Iraq War really kill their careers?

Elisabeth Shue: Saw the Saint was on television the other night. The 1997 film had Val Kilmer in it and she was probably at the height of her fame in the late 90s but I haven't seen her in anything in probably 20 years.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hartnett is another good mystery.

As for Tom Sizemore, I only know that he's had significant substance abuse issues. I recall they led to his tv series Robbery/Homicide being cancelled prematurely.

Edited by dpberr

My two candidates:

The Dixie Chicks: Heard one of their more famous songs in a restaurant the other night. They have completely disappeared. What happened? Did their protest of the Iraq War really kill their careers?

Elisabeth Shue: Saw the Saint was on television the other night. The 1997 film had Val Kilmer in it and she was probably at the height of her fame in the late 90s but I haven't seen her in anything in probably 20 years.

"Piranha 3D" from 2010.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464154/

Edited by Mark Vader

Josh Hartnett

Tom Sizemore

Don't hear much about Ashton Pitcher these days.

Hartnett is another good mystery.

As for Tom Sizemore, I only know that he's had significant substance abuse issues. I recall they led to his tv series Robbery/Homicide being cancelled prematurely.

Josh Hartnett's potential stardom has definitely faded.

The most notable thing he has done recently is being a part of the Showtime series "Penny Dreadful".

He is on a Netflix series with Sam Elliot called "The Ranch"

A few beers and or a smoke and it's a decent show.

He also spoke to congress a month or two back about modern slavery. Did quite well.

Josh Hartnett's potential stardom has definitely faded.

The most notable thing he has done recently is being a part of the Showtime series "Penny Dreadful".

I actually like Hartnett. Mostly does bad movies, but I'm usually impressed with his acting.

He also spoke to congress a month or two back about modern slavery. Did quite well.

I actually like Hartnett. Mostly does bad movies, but I'm usually impressed with his acting.

I really like "Wicker Park". Hartnett & Rose Byrne are both very good in that movie.