5 QBs, only 3 will be retained.

With the addition QB Nathan Peterman the Bills now have 5 QBs. Two will be released sooner or later. I can't imagine that the Bills will cut Peterman after they just drafted him so I fully expect Cardale Jones and Josh Woodrum to be the odd men out. If that's the case then I would like to see the Bills get SOMETHING for Cardale instead of just cutting him loose for nothing. I saw that the Redskins are going to try and trade RB Matt Jones and if they can't then they might just release him. I think that this trade could benefit both clubs.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the addition QB Nathan Peterman the Bills now have 5 QBs. Two will be released sooner or later. I can't imagine that the Bills will cut Peterman after they just drafted him so I fully expect Cardale Jones and Josh Woodrum to be the odd men out. If that's the case then I would like to see the Bills get SOMETHING for Cardale instead of just cutting him loose for nothing. I saw that the Redskins are going to try and trade RB Matt Jones and if they can't then they might just release him. I think that this trade could benefit both clubs.

I assume a competent organization will get what it can for a player to be released. I doubt they cut someone and not try to see if there is market value in him.

I said competent though...

I would bet that Yates and Woodrum are the odd men out. Yates was sort of an insurance policy IMO. Now that they added another QB he will be gone. Cardale and Peterman will compete for the number 2 role and this may be the last year for one of them. The Bills are going to see what they have first. It is like we always talk about, "keep bringing in guys until you have a franchise QB." I've read that 1,000+ times on here. They have 2 guys that they are trying to find out about and we may have another next year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I would bet that Yates and Woodrum are the odd men out. Yates was sort of an insurance policy IMO. Now that they added another QB he will be gone. Cardale and Peterman will compete for the number 2 role and this may be the last year for one of them. The Bills are going to see what they have first. It is like we always talk about, "keep bringing in guys until you have a franchise QB." I've read that 1,000+ times on here. They have 2 guys that they are trying to find out about and we may have another next year.

I agree. They picked up Yates because Jones is still too unpolished to be #2. I think Peterman alleviates that concern and will likely be the backup come September.

No reason to keep Yates in that scenario.

Peterman reminds me of Trent Edwards with some upside. I mean that in a good way. Could even be like a dak prescott type. Armstrength isn't as important as it used to be. Getting the ball quick and reading defenses are more important.

also, they should keep all these qbs on unless one of them is definetly not good enough to be here. Never know when an injury bug happens

If I was a betting man, come opening week, TT is your starter, TJ is the backup, Peterman is your 3rd, and Cardale goes to the practice squad.

I don't even know where this other QB came from, but my guess is, he never even see training camp...not enough work to go around for 5 QB's.

Peterman reminds me of Trent Edwards with some upside. I mean that in a good way. Could even be like a dak prescott type. Armstrength isn't as important as it used to be. Getting the ball quick and reading defenses are more important.

also, they should keep all these qbs on unless one of them is definetly not good enough to be here. Never know when an injury bug happens

Trent was okay until the Bills led Adrian Wilson walk right up and end Trent's confidence permanently.

If Trent had more guts, he could have been an excellent QB.

I agree. They picked up Yates because Jones is still too unpolished to be #2. I think Peterman alleviates that concern and will likely be the backup come September.

Unpolished? You maybe can't "polish" a t*rd!

I see it differently - Peterman replaces Cardale. Cardale was (probably) Whaley's guy, or (possibly) Rex's guy. I think drafting Peterman is a strong signal that McD doesn't expect Cardale to develop. Yates is the TT short-term injury insurance. Peterman is the developmental guy. Cardale is likely gone, and let's be honest: does anyone think we could get even a 7th rounder for him? I doubt it.

Hopefully it gets solved before the opener. Would hate to see Jones or Peterman poached off the PS

If Peterman shows anything, no way he is going to the PS. As far as Cardale goes, if he gets "poached", then so be it.

IMO he was nothing more than a longshot to even be a career backup. Time may prove me wrong.

Edited by LabattBlue

If I was a betting man, come opening week, TT is your starter, TJ is the backup, Peterman is your 3rd, and Cardale goes to the practice squad.

I would like to think this as well but unfortunately if Peterman or Jones were signed to the PS another team would come in and scoop them up.

I don't even know where this other QB came from, but my guess is, he never even see training camp...not enough work to go around for 5 QB's.

I can't see McDermott wanting to have no experienced backup, unless Peterman is a QB savant.

TT and Peterman are no brainers IMO. Cardale's best chance to stay just got fired today. Without Whaley here who drafted him to be a developmental project, there is no one committed to that anymore and he's not gonna stick around just on potential anymore. This staff is going to need to see him show he can play in the NFL and what he has put on tape on the field is not gonna cut it.

I still think he is the 3rd guy just because the others are so meh. But, that only happens if he shows the staff something, and if not he will be looking for a job.

I see it differently - Peterman replaces Cardale. Cardale was (probably) Whaley's guy, or (possibly) Rex's guy. I think drafting Peterman is a strong signal that McD doesn't expect Cardale to develop. Yates is the TT short-term injury insurance. Peterman is the developmental guy. Cardale is likely gone, and let's be honest: does anyone think we could get even a 7th rounder for him? I doubt it.

Yates is a bad QB. He is worse TODAY than Cardale and Peterman. There is no value in keeping Yates. He will never be the guy. Cardale came in as a VERY raw prospect with a high ceiling. There is no reason to scrap the chance that he develops for a dime a dozen 3rd stringer because the guy has some starts. If Tyrod went down in the preseason and you didn't think Cardale or Peterman was ready you could just sign a guy off the street that's better than Yates. Here is the list of FA QBs still available: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/available/ Drafting Peterman all but sealed his fate.