Do you like going to parties?

Another Fan

I loved going to parties in high school and college because I loved to party. Now as an adult it really depends on what type of party we are talking about and what the environment is going to be like. I would much prefer a night in watching tv or movies than most social gatherings these days. But Bills tailgating or golf tournaments or a good concert can still be a lot of fun.

It's hit or miss with me. Sometimes I don't feel like being sociable. Other times I'm the life of the party. Depends how I'm feeling and who's there.

I did have one fun experience last month. There is a band from Texas I follow on Facebook that we're going to tour the northeast. They have an underground following so instead of clubs they play house parties.

I went to Boston and brought a case of beer because that's what you do right? Bring beer to share.

Well I was the oldest person there by at least 30 years. Everyone in their cliques. I found a spot in the corner and figured I'd just listen to the music and go.

One kid starts making small talk so I offered him a beer. Soon others noticed I brought beer to share and suddenly became the most popular person in the place. The first guy explained to me later that sharing alcohol just isn't done and I was breaking convention.

Now I never heard that before. Is this a thing with broke millennials? Kind of sad if it is. Anyway I had a blast. Expected to be a wallflower but wound up making friends. You never know.

I have social anxiety so the larger the party the better, so I can hide in a corner and just observe people.

Every try cocaine? That should cure that.

Depends what kind of party and who is going.

Let's try this again.

Kind: Orgy

Attending: My niece

I have social anxiety so the larger the party the better, so I can hide in a corner and just observe people.

you're an interesting dude, i think most people would be shocked how many of us are in actual person. some of us are as nice and kind as we are on here - the gugny's, mead's, rich's, rosen's and cletus'. some are a lot softer and nicer than you'd think, mr ags. some are just ??

Every try cocaine? That should cure that.

Let's try this again.

Kind: Orgy

Attending: My niece

if your niece was ever to send you a message that she was on a date with me...what happens?

and if i was at that kind of party on cocaine i would probably still be an !@#$ and make fun of people, except be happy doing it!

I'm fine in huge crowds - 60,000 people = no problem. Put me in a room with 12 people and I'm doomed..

No, I do not.

I know you're all shocked by this news. Try to get over it.

Are you invited to parties?

It's hit or miss with me. Sometimes I don't feel like being sociable. Other times I'm the life of the party. Depends how I'm feeling and who's there.

I did have one fun experience last month. There is a band from Texas I follow on Facebook that we're going to tour the northeast. They have an underground following so instead of clubs they play house parties.

I went to Boston and brought a case of beer because that's what you do right? Bring beer to share.

Well I was the oldest person there by at least 30 years. Everyone in their cliques. I found a spot in the corner and figured I'd just listen to the music and go.

One kid starts making small talk so I offered him a beer. Soon others noticed I brought beer to share and suddenly became the most popular person in the place. The first guy explained to me later that sharing alcohol just isn't done and I was breaking convention.

Now I never heard that before. Is this a thing with broke millennials? Kind of sad if it is. Anyway I had a blast. Expected to be a wallflower but wound up making friends. You never know.

That is a good story. I often strike up convo with the old dude in the bar. I'm no youngster myself and I've had many spring chicks strike up convo with me. I generally enjoy drinking with people older and younger than me more than the middle age shmucks like myself.

And yes, I love a good party. My company parties are incredible. My best friend of 30+ years throws a helluva Halloween party. My mom and step dad throw a kickass memorial day shindig. I wish my party's were cooler because my back yard is a wonderful setting.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Teens - 20's - went to large parties as often as possible. Great place to meet girls and being under the influence of alcohol and things didn't hurt at all

30's - parties were less often and fewer people. Emphasis was more on food and blender drinks than outright debauchery.

40's - parties became rare and mostly just a few couples, grilling, hot tubbing and wine.

50's - A party is having a beer a shot of Agwa and a smoke with my neighbor.

In our past we did a lot of big function "business development" stuff. Large groups in big settings, hard to hear each other, know which bar has the shortest line kind of stuff. Once seated, I would develop a wonderful relationship with the other 8-10 people at our table, while my wife would work the other 300 people in the room. I would not see her from salad to dessert. She's amazing!