Bills GM Candidates

wppete

@RapSheet

#Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane is flying today & interviewing with the #Bills for their GM opening tomorrow, source said.

@MikeGarafolo

Mike Garafolo Retweeted Ian Rapoport

No request made for Panthers' Don Gregory yet but I am told he is on their list. Interview could come soon.

So.....we have been granted permission by the Panthers!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beane's interview will consist of the classic "role play" where he is asked to sign a hypothetical FA TE named Shmary Schmarnidge and a S Schme Schmoston claimed on waivers. If all goes well he picks out his office supplies and is introduced to a real estate agent who conveniently has a newly listed house right in OP perfect for a GM.

I like this...

Beane's interview will consist of the classic "role play" where he is asked to sign a hypothetical FA TE named Shmary Schmarnidge and a S Schme Schmoston claimed on waivers. If all goes well he picks out his office supplies and is introduced to a real estate agent who conveniently has a newly listed house right in OP perfect for a GM.

Does the house come with an electric fence?

I think Mr Beane get get Smary to sign.....if he doesn't fall asleep half way through his pitch. :)

http://mrbean-website-cache.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/smiling-mr-bean-grey.jpg

Edited by Augie

I wonder if Brandon already hired himself and has Overdorf tying up those pesky lose ends.

There is a Rooney rule for front office as well.

Which, I am sorry, but I don't think the rule makes much sense other than being PC at this point.

I know it has worked in the past but if a team wants who they want, they will hire who they want regardless of race.

The whole idea was minorities were never considered because they never got these jobs. It's certainly better today but it doesn't hurt to encourage interviewing more people.

I wonder if Brandon already hired himself and has Overdorf tying up those pesky lose ends.

"I know you are busy Jim, considering you are the only one in the entire front office right now. So Sean told me to draw up my contract myself so as to not disturb you ... and all you need to is sign righhht here... don't worry about that last paragraph where it says as a condition of my employment that a new contract/cap guy is brought in.... that's just fine print, you know all that 'lawyerese' crap!" Edited by YoloinOhio

The whole idea was minorities were never considered because they never got these jobs. It's certainly better today but it doesn't hurt to encourage interviewing more people.

Im not saying it does 100%. I mean, if I recall, Tomlin got the Steelers job because of the rule.

However, in today's day in age, with information so rapidly accessible... we more or less know who teams have pin pointed. So to go on an interview to more or less satisfy a rule is a little silly for both sides.

I mean, you can say it gives the "candidiate" experience with the process, but again, to do something like that, knowing it is to satisfy a rule...

The numbers more or less show the rule isn't necessarily get more minorities into coaching positions for example.

I mean since 1997, out of 141 HC positions have became available, and 120 filled by whites.

So they're interviewing Brian Gaine. Gaine was Houston's director of pro personnel when they signed ... Brock Osweiler. Even I knew that Osweiler was a stiff.

I was hoping he might be the Rooney Rule candidate...no such luck. Hopefully they are just doing their due diligence.

I was hoping he might be the Rooney Rule candidate...no such luck. Hopefully they are just doing their due diligence.

He was really highly rated in Miami before ending up in Houston. I don't really know what his exact influence has been in either in Miami or Houston but I know he was rated.

So they're interviewing Brian Gaine. Gaine was Houston's director of pro personnel when they signed ... Brock Osweiler. Even I knew that Osweiler was a stiff.

I think the Texans owner was behind the Osweiler signing. I did read O'Brien had no idea they were signing him

S

McD don't need no stinkin' permission. He takes what he wants.......Ask Doug.

Coach McDermott was heard saying this early this morning before his MMA workout..."Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women."

I have a feeling this could be the shortest GM interview in the history of the NFL.

Russ: What will you do to make this team better ?

Beane: I'll assemble a great team of scouts and we'll get the players Coach McDermott wants

Russ looks at Pegula and nods

Terry: Do you want the job ?

Beane: Yes

Russ: First we have to satisfy the Rooney rule ... we'll have overlord draw up the contract. Oh by the way, do you know someone we could use, I mean interview ?

Beane: Yeah, Don Gregory, I'll call him for you.

@buffalobills

The Bills interviewed Carolina Panthers Assistant GM Brandon Beane today. Info on the candidate: http://bufbills.co/RWE8DL

C_AZaOUXsAABroK.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Here is our running tab for #Bills front office interviews as they're confirmed. A thumbnail sketch of candidates. http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-front-office-candidate-interviews/95b3d992-0aad-4196-be30-6d7b8814eaeb

@buffalobills

The Bills interviewed Carolina Panthers Assistant GM Brandon Beane today. Info on the candidate: http://bufbills.co/RWE8DL

C_AZaOUXsAABroK.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Here is our running tab for #Bills front office interviews as they're confirmed. A thumbnail sketch of candidates. http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-front-office-candidate-interviews/95b3d992-0aad-4196-be30-6d7b8814eaeb

Long list