Bills GM Candidates

wppete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC they were in Philly together

Correct. Banner was there McD's entire Philly career, so I'd think he'd know better. Of course, Banner's best years as Eagles President were when Reid was running the football side of things and Banner was only running the business side. But Banner started to get more involved in football ops when Reid was ousted. I highly doubt that Banner would be happy staying strictly on the business side, which he did not show any talent for. If McD wants a good business guy who's lousy at football ops, but will almost certainly try to meddle in them, then he's better off keeping Russ.

You doing a pretty damn good job of it now!

You're very kind but I'm not nearly smart enough to even consider applying for a place there yet. The chance to build a rapport with guys that have NFL ties would be a nice thing to have though. Pretty sure they have over a dozen international students this year, including 4 from Brazil.

What does an entry level scout make and eventually aspire to salary wise?

I've seen low-end figures in the region of $40-50,000 a year up to low 6 figures for scouting positions, depending on experience/seniority. It sounds like a depressingly lonely job as well, I'm made for it :)

Kirby would know better than I do though.

They also prep guys for college positions. Alex Brown is one of their graduates, former writer for Optimum Scouting - http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/alex_brown_1020882.html

Edited by Blokestradamus

John, please don't tell me you are going to continue with the "wrestling coach" nonsense ad nauseum.

What's your problem with it? Why do you take it as a negative? Weren't you one of the fellows who found Rex's braggadocio act to be a refreshing change of pace and very endearing for this boring franchise?

What does an entry level scout make and eventually aspire to salary wise?

it is a ton of hours and a ton of travel for not that much money for college and area scouts. They may be 1/4 bonus check to 1/2.Eventually a pro scout will make six figures and as you move up to director of college scouting, director of player personnel, etc it is in the 300-500k range with full bonus checks for playoffs (sometimes same as player bonus). SB bonus can really add up. AGM 700k or so. GM 1 mill+

Scouts on up all get either a car or monthly car allowance. Most take the allowance so they have a way to get home when they are fired.

Edited by YoloinOhio

it is a ton of hours and a ton of travel for not that much money for college and area scouts. They may be 1/4 bonus check to 1/2.Eventually a pro scout will make six figures and as you move up to director of college scouting, director of player personnel, etc it is in the 300-500k range with full bonus checks for playoffs (sometimes same as player bonus). SB bonus can really add up. AGM 700k or so. GM 1 mill+

Scouts on up all get either a car or monthly car allowance. Most take the allowance so they have a way to get home when they are fired.

Thanks!

You're very kind but I'm not nearly smart enough to even consider applying for a place there yet. The chance to build a rapport with guys that have NFL ties would be a nice thing to have though. Pretty sure they have over a dozen international students this year, including 4 from Brazil.

I've seen low-end figures in the region of $40-50,000 a year up to low 6 figures for scouting positions, depending on experience/seniority. It sounds like a depressingly lonely job as well, I'm made for it :)

Kirby would know better than I do though.

They also prep guys for college positions. Alex Brown is one of their graduates, former writer for Optimum Scouting - http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/alex_brown_1020882.html

And Thanks!

It does sound pretty lonely.

No, which is why I don't like or agree with how Pegula is running things. He may be right and this works out. I really hope it does. i just disagree. Many of us prefer a strong GM who has full control of the team, including hiring the coach.

It has worked in New England and I am in no one comparing Belichick with McDermott. I really think that it depends the situation as to whether it works one way or another.

....good show bud....I'd say that is an accurate assessment......probably a regionalized structure so folks can work out of their homes and cut down on travel costs.....

What's your problem with it? Why do you take it as a negative? Weren't you one of the fellows who found Rex's braggadocio act to be a refreshing change of pace and very endearing for this boring franchise?

I think Rex the personality is entertaining. Not so much Rex the coach.

But back on topic, I find nothing amusing, clever, or indicative of McD's coaching ability by referring to him as the "wrestling coach."

And it's Beane!

I think Rex the personality is entertaining. Not so much Rex the coach.

But back on topic, I find nothing amusing, clever, or indicative of McD's coaching ability by referring to him as the "wrestling coach."

...naw the "refugee" references take the cake.....the "giant little pinheads" need their own forum......appropriately named INSULTS where they can fight it out and we can discuss football....good Lord, this crap gets old.....

....good show bud....I'd say that is an accurate assessment......probably a regionalized structure so folks can work out of their homes and cut down on travel costs.....

yes most college scouts live in other areas than the team they work for