Bills GM Candidates

wppete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be different had the Pegulas not hired the head coach before the GM.

It's good to see the status quo at OBD is gone, still fans have to hope McEgo was the right choice as Head Coach/GM/Head Scout.

His track record is pretty mediocre but the word seems to be he is all business. That's great, but as may have pointed out, he will still need talent to win in the league and he's said adios to some good Bills players this offseason(Gilmore, MG) and doesn't seem to be concerned that a star talent in Watkins could follow suit.

McEgo is putting his stamp on the team. Hopefully the team doesn't resemble the 2007 Jauron led Bills any time soon.

Well, this year could very well look like one of the Jauron years. What it comes down to is does he have a plan to do something more?

This draft was let #1 corner go, draft a corner.

Let #2 WR go, spend a 2nd and 3rd on WR, a steep price even with the lower pick back.

Spend 3 picks on a right tackle (after previous Bills teams had spent 2 picks on RT recently)

I can't imagine this team really has anyone in the AFC very worried.

Now they need to hire a new GM who won't be a GM who is tasked with hiring an entire scouting department and key positions for a team with a bad reputation and a coach that could be gone in 2-3 years.

It would be different had the Pegulas not hired the head coach before the GM.

It's good to see the status quo at OBD is gone, still fans have to hope McEgo was the right choice as Head Coach/GM/Head Scout.

His track record is pretty mediocre but the word seems to be he is all business. That's great, but as may have pointed out, he will still need talent to win in the league and he's said adios to some good Bills players this offseason(Gilmore, MG) and doesn't seem to be concerned that a star talent in Watkins could follow suit.

McEgo is putting his stamp on the team. Hopefully the team doesn't resemble the 2007 Jauron led Bills any time soon.

Exactly how did you deduce this? Not picking up the option has been almost universally acknowledged as being the prudent (not egotistical) decision. And are you now attempting to be clever with the McEgo moniker? Because you're pretty much a boor, as usual.

The whole idea was minorities were never considered because they never got these jobs. It's certainly better today but it doesn't hurt to encourage interviewing more people.

I personally thought it should be the best candidate for the job. Most teams that do the token don't give the minority interviewed a chance because they already have made up their mind.

Am I the only one who thinks it would be a disaster to not hire the guy who will know and work with McDermott at this point?

I think this is all a charade with the interviews. But, if at the end of the day the Pegulas pick someone who McDermott doesn't know or his second or third choice......Ugghh!

I don't know if that isn't a recipe for disaster. Let's hope this gets done soon.

@BuffRumblings

The #Bills are noticeably omitting the words "general manager" from their search for a general manager. Why?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/5/15557398/buffalo-bills-front-office-restructuring-possible-brandon-beane-sean-mcdermott

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/860577659125944320

Also, team clarifies that Carolina Panthers Assistant GM Brandon Beane interviewed for the Bills general manager position yesterday.

0 replies2 retweets1 like
Edited by horned dogs

@buffalobills

The Bills interviewed Houston Texans Director of Player Personnel Brian Gaine for the team’s GM position today. http://bufbills.co/irljhx

C_Fh3RkVYAARA1z.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

Brian Gaine has interviewed with the #Bills for the GM job. They've also clarified that Brandon Beane's interview was for GM.

@viccarucci

#Bills weren't intending to be vague about type of spot they're filling. Definitely GM. Mistakenly left that out of Beane announcement.

When is the last time the Bills did an open GM search? Still waiting for a time when we cast a wide net and hire the best in the business.

Under our last owner we would have just promoted one of the scouts whose name Ralph recognized.

Bills interviewing Eagles director of college scouting Trey Brown

Here's commercial #Eagles Trey Brown was in for Microsoft Surface back in 2016. He's interviewing w/#Bills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=idDUQCzn_nA

@rapsheet

#Bills owners are interviewing #Eagles Director of College Scouting Trey Brown for the vacant GM job today. My post:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000806857/article/bills-interviewing-trey-brown-for-vacant-gm-position

Trey Brown is also an ex-patriots scout per Rapaport

Edited by YoloinOhio

Obviously Beane has the McD connection. But I wonder how the Bills are deciding who to interview? You need a lot of insider knowledge to know who the good personnel guys are (guys who don't currently sit in the top spot).

Did we hire a search firm? Does Pegs have a retired GM or HC as an unofficial adviser?