GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to know Pegula's advisors...outside of those listed with the Bills(Brandon). This guy went from never firing anyone to steamrolling everyone in his path. He is very soon going to make Snyder look like a choir boy.

I don't know which team is in worse shape..Bills or Sabres?

Being a Buffalo sports fan sucks. :(

It certainly does

i dont think so; this has been the plan all along from McD and Pegula (since McDs hiring). Whaley and co were going to help McD through his first off season; and its clear this draft was driven by Coach. This team will be built like the Pats/chiefs/seahawks.. i.e. a team whose coach is in charge. And lets be honest, this was a pretty good draft the coach put together

If true, don't you think this ROOKIE head coach is biting off way more than he can chew. I think it is going to end badly.

well this is the question I ask too. I agree with you...its a huge gamble. all those other teams constructed this way (pat/hawks/chiefs) have established winning coaches.

Doug Whaley was at best a sales man, he spent this team into terrible cap trouble and made terrible decisions in the draft most notably staking the future on Watkins & EJ.

He stupidly lost Gilislee and Hogan to the patriots.

IMO he deserved this. Many fans like the way the culture is shifting in Buffalo and for those who are not paying attention, McDermott is in charge!

Good luck to him, I think he's a good talent evaluator, but I understand the firing. I hope he does well in his next endeavour and it if is as a GM, they let him chose his HC.

Hopefully we can retain Monos.

I'm not saying McDermott is going to be a good coach. But he must be great at convincing the Pegulas that he knows what he's doing. This guy is taking this over and cleaning out every inch of the leftover mess.

The part about convincing....sounds a lot like a coach they just fired.