Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

Because you don't want it to happen. This is funny from a guy that worshiped Whaley and said he wouldn't be fired.

quit starting **** that you know isn't true. you do this all the time. i never said Whaley wasn't going to be fired. there is a difference between believing in someone and saying they won't be fired.

actually, why don't you just run along, i think mommy's calling.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love that just as much as I'd love Taylor playing really well this year and demonstrating he can be the long term answer and having those 2 firsts for other needs, as well.

There are some who seem genuinely opposed to Taylor being the answer no matter how well he plays, though.

..I certainly am NOT opposed to TT....maybe I'm soft, but I want every kid to fulfill his NFL dream....only someone effed up would root against any of them ...

Gunner, I don't know anyone around here who's saying he's the long term answer. But I believe he'll be "the guy" this season. But no matter who it is, I'm going to root like hell for him because he'll be the Bills QB.

I believe he will be the guy this season as well and believe me I root for every guy in the uniform. I would 100% love to be here eating crow in February after Tyrod has had an outstanding year and improved on all his weaknesses.

I believe he will be the guy this season as well and believe me I root for every guy in the uniform. I would 100% love to be here eating crow in February after Tyrod has had an outstanding year and improved on all his weaknesses.

I expect him to start all year and have the same strengths and weaknesses that he has had. I think that the passing game will be better and the running game worse. That is a function of the scheme and additions/subtractions. Tyrod will have another solid type year but I don't expect him to move into the franchise tier. He will stay around the other "solid game managers." Those are the guys that you can win with but don't win because of.

Then there's this:

"The Buffalo Bills have no idea what they're doing at Quaterback"

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-brandon-beane-sean-mcdermott-quarterback-comments-quotes-051517

"The Bills are a complete mess, and the disconnect between McDermott and Beane has proved exactly that. After just a week together, they don’t seem to know who will be the team’s starter for years to come, let alone in Week 1."

I guess he *doesn't* like the idea of an open competition? Some people can't help but read into every word... :D

This Cameron DaSilva is a clown. I was about to suggest that he is blogger that wants to be a big boy. But when you read his agenda-driven piece, complete with items taken out of context and quotes left out, it is clear that he represents everything that is wrong with the "media" these days.

I expect him to start all year and have the same strengths and weaknesses that he has had. I think that the passing game will be better and the running game worse. That is a function of the scheme and additions/subtractions. Tyrod will have another solid type year but I don't expect him to move into the franchise tier. He will stay around the other "solid game managers." Those are the guys that you can win with but don't win because of.

...just curious as to your basis Kirby......the passing game is woeful because he cannot nor has he demonstrated the ability to process/scan the entire field in 5 seconds or less to find guys open....it in my view is a "gray matter issue" as in training the brain to speed up.....has that happened or is that possible with TT?.......or as a matter of fact, ANY collegiate QB trying to get acclimated to the NFL level speed?.........

...just curious as to your basis Kirby......the passing game is woeful because he cannot nor has he demonstrated the ability to process/scan the entire field in 5 seconds or less to find guys open....it in my view is a "gray matter issue" as in training the brain to speed up.....has that happened or is that possible with TT?.......or as a matter of fact, ANY collegiate QB trying to get acclimated to the NFL level speed?.........

The passing game is woeful because of the number of passing attempts. On a YPA basis if he throws 6 more times a game (which I expect) you are looking at 250 yards per game (or something) based on his career averages. As a Bill he is at 7.424 YPA. As a Bill he has averaged 28.138 passing attempts per game. The Broncos averaged 35.625 passing attempts per game last year. If you call the Bills 34 attempts and use his career numbers you are looking at 4,039 passing yards or 252.4 yards a game. That 544 passing attempts would have the Bills as the 26th most pass happy team (based on 2016). That 252.4 yards a game would be 14th in total yards.

I don't see Tyrod changing who he is. I see the scheme changing and think that Zay Jones will help.

I've seen them come close a few times, and come up short a few times.

For a guy that got beat up at the end of last season and into the offseason-- I think it would go a long way with him and the locker room to get behind him a bit more loud and proud at this point. Just an opinion there.

It's a poorly-kept secret that no one views TT as a long-term starter. And while he may be better than what some teams currently have starting for them, he's nothing more than a stop-gap. At present. Maybe he finally blossoms. I don't know. But I think that installing him as the starter going into OTA's, minicamps, and even training camp is wise, but it's also wise to keep options open in case someone else surprises them.

It's a poorly-kept secret that no one views TT as a long-term starter. And while he may be better than what some teams currently have starting for them, he's nothing more than a stop-gap. At present. Maybe he finally blossoms. I don't know. But I think that installing him as the starter going into OTA's, minicamps, and even training camp is wise, but it's also wise to keep options open in case someone else surprises them.

NoSaint is advocating for more public confidence in Taylor after a rough 5 months, I think.

Couldn't disagree more, we shall see.

The passing game is woeful because of the number of passing attempts. On a YPA basis if he throws 6 more times a game (which I expect) you are looking at 250 yards per game (or something) based on his career averages. As a Bill he is at 7.424 YPA. As a Bill he has averaged 28.138 passing attempts per game. The Broncos averaged 35.625 passing attempts per game last year. If you call the Bills 34 attempts and use his career numbers you are looking at 4,039 passing yards or 252.4 yards a game. That 544 passing attempts would have the Bills as the 26th most pass happy team (based on 2016). That 252.4 yards a game would be 14th in total yards.

I don't see Tyrod changing who he is. I see the scheme changing and think that Zay Jones will help.

if ands or buts...

@sbnation

The Bills refuse to be content with Tyrod Taylor, and it makes no sense

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/15/15640472/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-quarterback-competition

People think we should be content with someone who is decent because our standards are so low. It's so sad that that's our image. As if we don't deserve to have anything better.

Any sane person figures TT will be our starter but what harm is there letting him battle it out against a rookie, a 2nd year project and career journeyman. It's not like this competition will last into the final week of preseason. Give a week or 2 of guys getting reps in with the 1s and unless someone blows you away declare Tyrod is the starter.

Edited by Bangarang

TT has to earn it. Which he will unless he either can't grasp Dennison's offense (doubtful since he's played for him) or if one of the young guys is so incredible he takes the job (also doubtful).

It is not a unique concept that players have to earn things with a new HC and GM.

People think we should be content with someone who is decent because our standards are so low. It's so sad that that's our image. As if we don't deserve to have anything better.

Any sane person figures TT will be our starter but what harm is there letting him battle it out against a rookie, a 2nd year project and career journeyman. It's not like this competition will last into the final week of preseason. Give a week or 2 of guys getting reps in with the 1s and unless someone blows you away declare Tyrod is the starter.

i am not content at all. The article is kind of insulting. I don't hate TT, I like a lot about him, but I'm far from content.

NoSaint is advocating for more public confidence in Taylor after a rough 5 months, I think.

No, I got that. I'm saying that public confidence is, and will be perceived by most as a ruse, since people know that TT is not in their long-term plans at quarterback.

quit starting **** that you know isn't true. you do this all the time. i never said Whaley wasn't going to be fired. there is a difference between believing in someone and saying they won't be fired.

actually, why don't you just run along, i think mommy's calling.

Well, at the end of the day, you believed in EJ, Whaley, but not Taylor. That's good news for Taylor.

The Bills may have found a gem in this draft with their QB pick.

Jay Skurski (@JaySkurski)

4/29/17, 2:47 PM

Sean McDermott says every quarterback on the roster will compete for the starting job -- it won't be handed to Tyrod Taylor. #Bills

When has a coach NOT said that? Really...

TJ Yates has won more playoff games then the bills have in the last 21 years....I'm not saying he's going to win the job, but Yates is not bad. If Tyrod can't start to use the whole field or wants to tuck it and run whenever the play starts to break...Yates or Peterman may sneak up on him.

When has a coach NOT said that? Really...

when we handed EJ a starting job and purposely created no competition for it....Although that backfired because even the scrubs outplayed him when given a chance.

You are the one expecting different results. Everything that I have said is at the EXACT same level of play as his 1st 29 games. Why do you expect change (besides for your dislike for Taylor)?

I like Tyrod the person, great guy, high character, very athletic, exciting, even dynamic at times, just because he is that doesn't mean he is a very good QB.

New coaches, new players, more game film on him, new system, that he struggles with the basics of, doesn't exactly spell a recipe for success.

We shall see.

Edited by old school