RD 2, Pick 63: Dion Dawkins (OT) - TEM

SDS

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only reason people call him a OG is he lacks Ideal HT for OT. But his long arms mean more

Exactly. Guards have shot arms. He has tackle length arms and I'm wondering if his lack of height can turn into an advantage? He doesn't need to come up to far at the point of attack.

I'm intrigued to see Ragland (slowness comments aside) and a full year of Shaq Lawson ... those guys did nothing last year .. they are like to additional #1 and #2's this year ... knock on wood. Stay healthy ... Love everything about this draft so far.

I feel the same way.

And Listenbee. I hope he can be our speedster in the slot. Big influx of young, extremely talented players, all filling roles at different positions

Wonder how Kujo is doing and did Henderson make it to OTAs

10 game suspension,for Henderson

A source added after the second suspension, "He needs cannabis. You can't take pain killers with the way his intestines are."
Edited by ALF

I didnt mind the first trade up for Zay when we also got a 5th. This one for what...move up 12 spots and give up a 3rd and 2 5ths I didnt like so much. Dont worry about what Carolina was going to do, would of rather stayed put and drafted the best OL on our board and keep the extra picks. This had a little of meet the new boss,same as the old boss.

I can add to my signature ...we used a 1,1,2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, and a 5 to draft Watkins, Ragland and Dawkins. Thats 9 picks on 3 guys and none of those picks are 6ths or 7ths. Thats more than a entire regular draft of 7 picks, again on 3 guys. Let that sink in.

Edited by billsfan714

I didnt mind the first trade up for Zay when we also got a 5th. This one for what...move up 12 spots and give up a 3rd and 2 5ths I didnt like so much. Dont worry about what Carolina was going to do, would of rather stayed put and drafted the best OL on our board and keep the extra picks. This had a little of meet the new boss,same as the old boss.

I can add to my signature ...we used a 1,1,2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, and a 5 to draft Watkins, Ragland and Dawkins. Thats 9 picks on 3 guys and none of those picks are 6ths or 7ths. Thats more than a entire regular draft of 7 picks, again on 3 guys. Let that sink in.

What if he was the best OL on our boards?

What if he was the best OL on our boards?

Well you have two options besides trading up,,,,you can stay where you are and maybe we get him without trading up. Or you trust your board and take the next best OL on your board and keep the picks.

Wonder how Kujo is doing and did Henderson make it to OTAs

10 game suspension,for Henderson

A source added after the second suspension, "He needs cannabis. You can't take pain killers with the way his intestines are."

Can confirm from personal experience. Your options for pain management with that disease are terribly thin. Anything that constipates you, which opioids do, you can't use. Anything that deals with inflammation, like ibuprofen, you cannot use. So basically anything and everything the NFL would prescribe to treat the pain of playing in the league is out. Ditto with 90% of the pain meds a doctor would prescribe.

But Jerry Jones says weed is addictive and dangerous so the league can't condone it... but they CAN keep on cashing those checks from the beer companies because their product isn't dangerous or addictive at all.

The disingenuous debate of this topic from the league is shameful. I'd respect them more if they were just honest and admit they don't care a lick about player safety, or the long term damage the sport and their pain management drugs of choice cause to their players' bodies. The stand against marijuana in the league has nothing to do with keeping players safe and everything to do with protecting the ad revenue generated by their sponsors.

Most of which are big pharma and alcohol related.

Can confirm from personal experience. Your options for pain management with that disease are terribly thin. Anything that constipates you, which opioids do, you can't use. Anything that deals with inflammation, like ibuprofen, you cannot use. So basically anything and everything the NFL would prescribe to treat the pain of playing in the league is out. Ditto with 90% of the pain meds a doctor would prescribe.

But Jerry Jones says weed is addictive and dangerous so the league can't condone it... but they CAN keep on cashing those checks from the beer companies because their product isn't dangerous or addictive at all.

The disingenuous debate of this topic from the league is shameful. I'd respect them more if they were just honest and admit they don't care a lick about player safety, or the long term damage the sport and their pain management drugs of choice cause to their players' bodies. The stand against marijuana in the league has nothing to do with keeping players safe and everything to do with protecting the ad revenue generated by their sponsors.

Most of which are big pharma and alcohol related.

Yep, the nfl shouldn't test for marijuana.

Which they actually only do......for the people not dumb enough to fail it.......ONCE PER YEAR.....at the same time of year.

You have to be pretty dumb or an addict to end up in the program.

Problem for Seantrel are the recreational use decisions he made BEFORE his intestines were the problem(and yes he said he never had a problem until recently).

Payin' for that now because he has to be tested regularly.

Those advertisers you are talking about pay a lot of money.......a large portion of which gets distributed to the NFL players........the VAST majority of whom know how to easily circumvent MJ testing.

So don't look for the NFLPA to risk that advertiser money/Fed government support by lowering the income for 99% of it's members to help one douchebag that couldn't keep from being suspended multiple times for recreational in COLLEGE......where they don't want to suspend you EITHER.....for fuxake. :doh:

He has 35-inch arms :D

In case you need reference, that's 76th percentile of all OT's since 1999.

Aww, I was going to comment, but had to stop and give you props for the 76th percentile factoid. I was just going to point out how lame it was, but I love numbers to back it up!

I don't think BurpleBull is going to pan out as a poster. Seems too moronic, with short attention span.

Too bad b*tch I already called the McDermott hiring and Peterman selection when smug know-it-alls like yourself were busy poking fun at my suggestions.

You're the type who would've mocked me stating that the Bills should strongly consider Peterman because you didn't know sh*t about the less heralded player but then the second you hear a sports personality or media draft expert echo similar sentiments then suddenly you start embracing the player as if you were privy to those qualities all along.

I've been on boards a long time so I know how clowns like yourself operate.

He has 35-inch arms :D

In case you need reference, that's 76th percentile of all OT's since 1999.

He doesn't look like a fit at OT. Could be wrong...just sayin'.

Too bad b*tch I already called the McDermott hiring and Peterman selection when smug know-it-alls like yourself were busy poking fun at my suggestions.

You're the type who would've mocked me stating that the Bills should strongly consider Peterman because you didn't know sh*t about the less heralded player but then the second you hear a sports personality or media draft expert echo similar sentiments then suddenly you start embracing the player as if you were privy to those qualities all along.

You just said his arms were too short when they are abnormally long for his height.....so why would anyone take what you say seriously?

a better response would have been "I didnt realize he had 35 inch arms but I still dont think he is a RT"

Edited by John from Hemet

Why doesn't he look like a fit at RT? I've only seen a couple videos, but he doesn't look too short to me standing 6'4. Not every tackle has to be 6'7. Edited by NewEra