Not posted in awhile -But I think that was genius last night

sidbuff

Bills make a good move and the coach gets all the credit. If we pick a player and he busts it's the Gms fault.

History suggests that Whaley has been an overall bad drafter. This could end up being the best and most logical draft since he has been GM, and all are to assume it has nothing to do with Mcdermott.

Bills make a good move and the coach gets all the credit. If we pick a player and he busts it's the Gms fault.

No, GM only takes the credit if it works. If it doesn't then fans hurry to absolve him of any responsibility.

If you're going to blame him for everything that goes wrong, you should credit him for good moves as well,

But the haters are convinced and don't care about justice.

IT was a great move to acquire an additional 1st round pick next year and getting us a second 3rd round pick this year. We did miss out on the #1 CB & LB, but that's fine.

Next year we have two picks that will be solid.

If you're going to blame him for everything that goes wrong, you should credit him for good moves as well,

But the haters are convinced and don't care about justice.

Justice-how about the most loyal fanbase in the NFL starving for a playoff team. When do they get their justice?

IT was a great move to acquire an additional 1st round pick next year and getting us a second 3rd round pick this year. We did miss out on the #1 CB & LB, but that's fine.

Next year we have two picks that will be solid.

Meh... #1 according to whom? All the draftniks looked like they didn't know what they were talking about yesterday.

People get too hung up on name recognition.

just because some guy at ESPN says a player is the one to pick doesn't make it so.

You people act like the Bills didn't want to trade down in years previously. Teams are always looking to trade down to get more picks. The draft is a crap shoot no matter who is the GM. It's all about a players, other teams interests in that player and what they are looking to trade for the deal. People only trade into the top 10 from that far back if they are looking for a QB. By all accounts it was two GM's talking together. Doug would be an idiot to not get his coaches opinion or blessing on a move.

Edited by kota

That's because almost none of us if any at all actually has a clue how all this works under the curtain. We are fantastic, however at rampant speculation!!!

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

No, GM only takes the credit if it works. If it doesn't then fans hurry to absolve him of any responsibility.

You must not read this board very often if you think that's the way it has been. most advocates of Whaley defend his ability to fill the roster with good talent. His draft results have been underwhelming to say the least. Last years draft is a big question mark due to our 1st 2 picks being injured. His free agent signings have been great.

So you guys think McDermott was the guy that worked out the deal that netted us the 1st rd pick next year and a 3rd this year? Or did he just force Whaley to do it?

You must not read this board very often if you think that's the way it has been. most advocates of Whaley defend his ability to fill the roster with good talent. His draft results have been underwhelming to say the least. Last years draft is a big question mark due to our 1st 2 picks being injured. His free agent signings have been great.

So you guys think McDermott was the guy that worked out the deal that netted us the 1st rd pick next year and a 3rd this year? Or did he just force Whaley to do it?

we had rex and the coach needed certain players so Whaley went out and got those players. 1st rd pick had question marks but still has tremendous upside. Raglands injury was unpredictable but he was highly regarded LB with some 1st rd grades on him that fell to use in the 2nd so not seeing the negative there.

I think its the same as it has always been A consensus of the room.... The issue is Pegula's being the idiots they are hired Rex setting us back years because we are now shifting D schemes yet again. Can't do this crap every 2 years. Can't have your GM's and scouts hunting down specific players for a coach who wont be here in 2 years. Recipe foir the disaster we have right now

So when the Pegulas step back from football decisions only then will we be able to tell who is doing what. Cause right now the Pegulas are making a fuster cluck of this organization.. Basically Ralph Wilson with more money at this point

Edited by ddaryl

Is this the draft that shows Buffalo was right, and other more established coaches and FOs were wrong? It will prove one thing, or the other. But geez, if Mahomes and/or Watson hit, then Oh Boy.

I would have taken a qb. We went a different direction. The folks who hate Whaley tend to like the move we made, but they don't want to give him credit for it. That's the unfairness I see.

You think the coach is doing more of the calling the shots??? Seems like the Pegula's went to the Bills front office and said - McDermott is going to call the shots here!!!

Though the video evidence shows the trade was all Whaley?

Sorry, but I have to wait to see if Sully and Bucky deem it was genius before I can make up my own mind.

I have to wait and see what they think of us on the Chiefs message boards before I can feel any confidence in myself at all.

Finally the organization and front office with a well mind rounded coach waited for the right offer to trade down.

I was fine with whatever they did as long as it wasn't a total disaster.

Hoping they can start steering the good ship in the right direction starting with the hiring McD.