If Bills Don't Get A Franchise QB In 2018

I would think going up to #1 overall, given that the QB sitting there was the top prospect in years, would cost at least 3 1sts and two 2nds, not counting whatever 1st you swap to move up.

Excatly right. Just say NO to moving up in round 1.

https://www.vox.com/2014/5/7/5683448/how-nfl-teams-ignore-basic-economics-and-draft-players-irrationally

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the 49ers still need a QB. If anyone thinks getting KC's #25 picks next year helps us get a QB you are wrong

Likely top 3 teams picking will all need QB's (Browns, 49ers, Jets)

KC Picking @ 25 is not set in stone....Remember they are playing in a pretty tough AFC West (Oakland, Denver and San Diego).....They don't make the playoffs, their pick is in the top-20.

KC Picking @ 25 is not set in stone....Remember they are playing in a pretty tough AFC West (Oakland, Denver and San Diego).....They don't make the playoffs, their pick is in the top-20.

I must admit, having the extra pick really gives Bills Fans something extra to cheer for.

And as much as I never want to see injuries, the injury rate in the NFL is 100%. A team can look great, have a few key starters go down, and finish in the bottom 10. McDermott knows this very well, right?

the TT led bills offense scored the 7th most points in the league last year.

"IF" the ryan led bills defense had given up the 7th fewest points last year.....

we would have made the playoffs and the conversation about TT would be a lot different.

True, defense has been our issue along with Clown Coaching...

6th or 7th best CB? Maybe I missed that, but most the rankings by analysts I trust had him as 2nd best behind Lattimore.

Only Bills fans would complain about having a pro bowl QB, Said QB was rated in the division behind only the GOAT.

But, ya know... Bills Fans. :blink:

Hmmmm, I dunno man. 2nd best behind Tannehill and whatever garbage the Jets trot out isn't something to go tooting a horn about. I think the pro bowl aspect is way over rated as well. Really means nothing in reality today, especially when you're an alternate because the superior talent decides I'm just gonna stay home.

6th or 7th best CB? Maybe I missed that, but most the rankings by analysts I trust had him as 2nd best behind Lattimore.

Hmmmm, I dunno man. 2nd best behind Tannehill and whatever garbage the Jets trot out isn't something to go tooting a horn about. I think the pro bowl aspect is way over rated as well. Really means nothing in reality today, especially when you're an alternate because the superior talent decides I'm just gonna stay home.

Right. Pro bowl does not mean what it used to. It isn't just smh befuddling that many Bills' fans are not sold on Taylor. He's not that good.

It's true that it matters who has the #1 pick...

If it's the Rams I think they take a QB #1.

But the Bucs (or a team like them) would be more interesting. They would probably do business, but it would cost a fortune if there was an Andrew Luck type prospect sitting there. The bidding war in that type of scenario would be fun to watch and I'll bet the price would be insane.

The RGIII trade to move down 4 spots netted the Rams 2 1sts and a 2nd, not counting the swapped 1st.

I would think going up to #1 overall, given that the QB sitting there was the top prospect in years, would cost at least 3 1sts and two 2nds, not counting whatever 1st you swap to move up.

After what they invested in Goff? You envision the Rams moving on that quickly? I have said in the past the new CBA allows teams to move on from QBs pretty quickly, but I think they will give Goff a little more time.

The "Pro Bowl" benchmark is laughable. 3 QBs were selected: Brady, Roth, and Carr. Players bail out, and they look to fill the position. There are numerous 'alternates'... Alex Smith, Dalton, and Rivers... Mariota and Taylor were apparently also alternates. Andrew Luck declined... and Siemian was also asked.... so technically, we are at >75% of the starting QBs in the AFC were 'pro bowl' calibur. I would also wager Flacco was asked... and we have the dumpster-fires that were the Browns and Jets included in that... and the Texans failed to field a real capable starting QB. So Taylor might have beat out Tannehill and Bortles. Good job.

The NFL really just needs to name an "all-pro" team, a second "all pro" team. For each league if you need to.... and also come up with cool awards like the NHL. Make that a whole well-produced television special, with special guests and such. Would be 10x better packaged (and watched) than the pro-bowl.

Edited by May Day 10

After what they invested in Goff? You envision the Rams moving on that quickly? I have said in the past the new CBA allows teams to move on from QBs pretty quickly, but I think they will give Goff a little more time.

I don't know a lot about Goff to be honest. It just seems like many (in the media who talks about the Rams) have written him off after a handful of games, which given the normal "everyone is great!" tone on NFL Network is a bit ominous.

In 2018 AJ McCarron will be a RFA and Garoppolo a UFA

Teddy Bridgewater did not have his 5th year option picked up for 2018, bad injury though

How many times do Bills fans need to be dropped on their head about other teams BU QB's? Bridgewater should prob just retire.

Here's a fun game: a 28 year old Tom Brady is re-entering the draft. You know how good he and you get him at top production for 10-12 years.

What price would it take to get you to pass on him at #1 overall?

For me it would take something like Aaron Rogers AND 3 1sts. Winning a few Super Bowls cannot be overvalued.

Why bother drafting a QB in the first? Just keep looking for other team's backups.

I wonder how many more years of this it will take before fans get fed up?

Half are and the other half will continue to buy into the way we have done things the past 17 years....This board is proof of that; you aren't a real fan if you are critical and don't drink Russel's kool-aid...They all just need more time

The "Pro Bowl" benchmark is laughable. 3 QBs were selected: Brady, Roth, and Carr. Players bail out, and they look to fill the position. There are numerous 'alternates'... Alex Smith, Dalton, and Rivers... Mariota and Taylor were apparently also alternates. Andrew Luck declined... and Siemian was also asked.... so technically, we are at >75% of the starting QBs in the AFC were 'pro bowl' calibur. I would also wager Flacco was asked... and we have the dumpster-fires that were the Browns and Jets included in that... and the Texans failed to field a real capable starting QB. So Taylor might have beat out Tannehill and Bortles. Good job.

The NFL really just needs to name an "all-pro" team, a second "all pro" team. For each league if you need to.... and also come up with cool awards like the NHL. Make that a whole well-produced television special, with special guests and such. Would be 10x better packaged (and watched) than the pro-bowl.

There are 32 NFL teams.....even if they go through say 10 names it is still a accomplishment

I realize its not the be all end all.....but it isnt "nothing" either

Why bother drafting a QB in the first? Just keep looking for other team's backups.

I wonder how many more years of this it will take before fans get fed up?

Right, because it's been proven that the only way to obtain a good QB is to draft one in the first round. It's guaranteed!