Sadly, I'm starting to think this should happen

BananaB

Kelly was just one of four options, it could be another QB picked in this draft. The point is that this roster is still in decent shape for a franchise QB to have success if they ever hit on one this year or in 2018.

I certainly don't consider Gilmore, Woods and Gillespie as irreplaceable talent. Every NFL team loses players like that due to cap situations.

That's assuming McDermott wants to draft one. If he doesn't get one this year and wins less than 7 games with Tyrod, he will be on the hot seat and will have no interest in drafting and developing one next year.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It worked for New England so why not.

Oh wait... I forgot... they got lucky with their 2nd pick in the 6th round back in 2000.

So basically we need to start stock piling second picks in the 6th round is what you're saying Edited by The Wiz

My kids played countless games in many sports. They won a lot and they lost plenty. I never cared too much about winning, but ONE time a rec league basketball game against kids a couple years older one son seemed to give up. He didn't fully "quit", but you could tell he was resigned. It's the only time I ever said anything to my kids about their effort. NEVER roll over. You're going to lose, but never give up. I'm proud that's the one and only time I saw that in my boys. (He checks this board, and I bet if he sees this he will remember the game, but maybe not...)

I'm not rolling over until Brady retires. Bust him up! MAKE him want to retire.

My kids played countless games in many sports. They won a lot and they lost plenty. I never cared too much about winning, but ONE time a rec league basketball game against kids a couple years older one son seemed to give up. He didn't fully "quit", but you could tell he was resigned. It's the only time I ever said anything to my kids about their effort. NEVER roll over. You're going to lose, but never give up. I'm proud that's the one and only time I saw that in my boys. (He checks this board, and I bet if he sees this he will remember the game, but maybe not...)

I'm not rolling over until Brady retires. Bust him up! MAKE him want to retire.

That's great but when are we going to see the Bills front office put in a real effort and stop rolling over? When are we going to see more than two or three people hired with football smarts to run this sorry team?

These 6 and 7 win finishes while keeping the same losers in place do not inspire confidence in me.

Edited by jeffismagic

I also preach a positive attitude. We are only a few years into a new regime with an unfortunate misstep (Rex) out of the gate. People hate being around Eyore all the time. That must be a rough life. This is NOT a 17 year drought.

That's assuming McDermott wants to draft one. If he doesn't get one this year and wins less than 7 games with Tyrod, he will be on the hot seat and will have no interest in drafting and developing one next year.

I think that this is the year that they build towards the team he wants, see what they have in Taylor and Jones, and 2018 is the 1st round franchise QB year if those two don't look like they will ever become the Bills franchise QB.

McDermott doesn't strike me as a dumb man. He saw what the "defensive" HC Ron Rivera did in picking Newton and how that changed the Panthers franchise's fortunes.

If they go QB in the first round I'll be fine, because I'll feel like they REALLY must believe in the guy becoming the Bills franchise QB. Because they aren't even being forced into drafting one this year. 2018 is a different story because at least the decision on Taylor as a viable long term QB will be played out good or bad.

Edited by 1billsfan

I think that this is the year that they build towards the team he wants, see what they have in Taylor and Jones, and 2018 is the 1st round franchise QB year if those two don't look like they will ever become the Bills franchise QB.

McDermott doesn't strike me as a dumb man. He saw what the "defensive" HC Ron Rivera did in picking Newton and how that changed the Panthers franchise's fortunes.

If they go QB in the first round I'll be fine, because I'll feel like they REALLY must believe in the guy becoming the Bills franchise QB. Because they aren't even being forced into drafting one this year. 2018 is a different story because at least the decision on Taylor as a viable long term QB will be played out good or bad.

I don't care about finding anything more about Tyrod. If McDermott marries Tyrod and brings him back next year at 18 million he will be fired, and rightfully so.

Maybe then Pegulas can clean house and get real football people in here.

I don't care about finding anything more about Tyrod. If McDermott marries Tyrod and brings him back next year at 18 million he will be fired, and rightfully so.

Third year into owning the team. Your nuts.

He is not getting fired after a year. It is time to stop that tired diatribe.

Third year into owning the team. Your nuts.

Pegula learned nothing from his disastrous Rex hire. He has Whaley set the board up again and chooses the coach...again. Terry and Kim Pegula have a terrible track record and they keep doubling down and pretending they have a clue. They need to start listening to top notch football and hockey minds to run their teams.

Having a first year head coach with this much power in the draft room is not a recipe for success.

He is not getting fired after a year. It is time to stop that tired diatribe.

Next year will be two years. That's what his last 2 coaches got.

So basically we need to start stock piling second picks in the 6th round is what you're saying

Maybe we will hit the jackpot with our 3rd fifth round pick this year! Now we will need the player that he will replace to be severely injured so that he can come in mid season and lead us to the promise land. Oh, and someone should sell their soul just to be on the safe side…