Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

I don't? Gilmore, Williams, Woods, Brown, MG who is a very good player believe it or not, all gone. After Watkins, this is a bad WR corp right now. We have needs all over the place, again. Spinning wheels is what this organization does.

I lost count on how many times you posted spinning wheels in this thread...

now I've got this song stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFEewD4EVwU

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@salsports

If Bills don't match for Gillislee, Pats will have 6 RBs and 2 FBs on current roster.

Reggie Ragland is going to be busy in those two Pats games this year.

I wish the Pats would have traded away their 6th round pick in 2000 for a backup RB.

:lol:

Drew Bledsoe is probably the most overrated QB of all time. He certainly wasn't horrible, but he was never good against strong competition. His career record against winning teams was abysmal. Regardless of where he was drafted, he was a classic "average" qb. Their defense plus Curtis Martin, a solid o-line, Coates, and a couple of solid receivers put them over the top.

Scroll down to "advanced passing": 100 is average. He had far more below average years than above average years. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm

Good post, but I would say he was horrible after October 2002.

Match or don't match. I'm ok with either. He is a good player and it is only a 2 yr deal. For the record I would match. But if they don't I really don't see it as a big deal. They have other backs on the roster and the extra pick will help the depth in the back 7 on defense.

I try to objectively judge each decision. Forcing a bunch of things into one bucket to fit a narrative isn't a very good way to analyze things. This clearly falls in the mistake bucket IMO. At the same time, he did the EXACT same thing with Groy and signed him under the tender. That would have to fall in the success bucket. You can't hate what happened here and hate what happened with Groy. One was good and one was bad.

This is true, although I would definitely have given Gillislee the 2nd round tender.

It's a valid point that it might raise the ante in a long term negotiation, but by the same token, you actually have all the cards for this year, because everyone knows that there isn't going to be an offer sheet for a 2nd round pick.

Then you can make decent long term offers, that are under the tender on average. e.g. 3 years $7.5 million, with half guaranteed, or perhaps $4-5 million guaranteed. An offer like that, would have been pretty attractive, imho, when there weren't going to be any others.

I'd also add that there's something to be said for using the higher tender, when it comes to signalling interest, or the desire to keep a player. Players regularly come out with the idea of 'feeling wanted', and using the higher tender can do that.

Ah well, it is what it is. One thing that could be argued in favour of not applying the higher tender, is that it is a good RB class by all accounts, so we can probably pick one up later in the draft, that actually represents the best value on our board at the time.

Something I do find annoying though, is the fact that we, as fans, can regularly predict which of our players the Patsies are likely to take a shot at, yet our FO doesn't seem able to do so.

I thought the tender for Hogan last year was a mistake also, but our cap situation at the time, was so dire, we might not have been able to do much else, iirc.

This is horrible management of the tender again by the GM, as mentioned before. It is so frustrating that Whaley has no damn clue

Yes he does. Speaking as one who hopes they keep him even, you don't overpay for a backup RB. I'm thinking with my heart because I like MG. The Bills think with their heads.

This is becoming a trend - Hogan, Gilmore, Gillislee...

I guess we should take it as a compliment that Belichick thinks so highly of Bills players? friggin dick head.

This is starting to get aggravating though.

I feel like Belichick is almost trolling us at this point...

Maybe he's still pissed off about Rex Ryan talking all that smack? Or Bills fans taking out that billboard mocking Brady? Or shutting them out last year? lol j/k

he's in your head isn't he?

The dark Master

It makes sense to let him go and take the pick if you are rebuilding.

Bills also paying a bridge QB 30 million over 2 years with 8.5 dead cap if they release next year.

Bills have no plan. They are just doing random things.

Actually I think they do have a plan. Problem is that the plan changes every two years when they blow up their coaching staff.

I'm taking the 5th round pick and walking. We have limited cap space and 4.0M for a backup running back shouldn't be in the plans Yes, that makes the draft even worse for us but the Pats know how to plan long term and we don't.

This is a thread winner. :thumbsup:

Always cracks me up when people think they know that Bills moves are part of some greater plan.

They are always the ones most disillusioned when it turns out that the dumpster fire was an accident.

....LMAO....me too...ever wonder why they're posting here versus some mil+ GM gig in the NFL?......guess this is NOT the MONSTER.COM source clubs were looking for.............

Match or don't match. I'm ok with either. He is a good player and it is only a 2 yr deal. For the record I would match. But if they don't I really don't see it as a big deal. They have other backs on the roster and the extra pick will help the depth in the back 7 on defense.

You sure about that?

It would be interesting to see the list of names of players that have been selected with the specific pick # that the Bills will get from the Pats.

I think Bills fans really get selective amnesia come draft time about just how little production most 5th-7th round picks put up in their careers.

With a whopping 17 3rd and 4th round comp picks this year that fifth ain't gonna' be early.

....LMAO....me too...ever wonder why they're posting here versus some mil+ GM gig in the NFL?......guess this is NOT the MONSTER.COM source clubs were looking for.............

yeah, but you are a Whaley fan I thought.