Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

Goodwin stepped in and basically replaced Hogan as 4th receiving option last year.

Don't believe me?

Hogan had

Receptions 38 Receiving Yards 680 YPC 17.9 TD 4 (all with Tom Brady as his QB for 12 games)

Goodwin

Receptions 29 Receiving Yards 431 YPC 14.9 TD 3

Both started the same amount of games as well.

9 fewer catches for 250 fewer yards is not equal production.

Moreover, Goodwin was hardly a known quantity.

My point is simply that there needs to be a plan to replace productive players beyond "let's hope"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I'd have bypassed the RFA tenders and offered him a 2-year, $4.5M deal that was fully-guaranteed.

He'd have signed it because it's more money up front than the tenders, and you avoid this entire goofy situation.

This would have been an easy way to settle it but there is no way to know that MG would have signed it if he had the chance to hear offers from other teams.

Right because he is the reason they went 7-9...Or had ANYTHING to do with that...You've got to be kidding me with that... :lol:

Right because he is the reason they went 7-9...Or had ANYTHING to do with that...You've got to be kidding me with that... :lol:

He was a bright spot in a mediocre season. Whether that deserves this kind of $$$ will be decided by the market.

Hurray for him if he cashes in big time.

again, it's not really the money difference in the tenders for just this one year. They want to extend him, for multiple years.... The 2nd rd tender is a poor negotiating starting point for the team. His value is a 5th rd tender for those purposes. And if they want to get a draft pick as an option, they won't get any team offering one at a 2nd rd tender. This way they gave the option of either taking the pick or matching since they were going to extend him anyway. Otherwise they are stuck paying a 2nd rd tender and negotiating within it. They need to offer the RFA tender so early on, before FA even starts its best to have options.

That's a reason but not a viable excuse for this situation.

The smart thing would have been to extend him during last season before he reached RFA.......once he got to RFA.......just tender him and work on a longer deal next season.

They got worked.

Pats told agent to check in with them before signing a long term deal.......hence the news of a deal being nearly done.......but THEN....... carpet pulled out from under Whaley and Co. :doh:

I remember how much of a loss it was when we cut Karlos Williams. We couldn't replace that production and our running game last year suffered dramatically last year without him.

You do realize TD Mike is literally the #1 reason we never missed Karlos leaving right? B-)

Amendola took another pay cut to stay with the team too. How many bills have done that? Oh right - just our QB.

Your review consists of the owner and coach and your coordinator looking you in the eye and saying:

"We aim to win it all this year, are you willing to sacrifice for the right to stay aboard?"

Was a lot more fun in Toronto when Pat Gillick was able to do this and bring in the hired guns to clinch World Series...

Something to consider: perhaps the reason the Bills didn't offer Dizzy at a 2nd round tender level is because they don't think they need him at $1M more than what they planned to pay (based upon who is on the roster and who they could get in a later round of the draft).

But no, it must be that Whaley's a moron and the Bills negligently left a key piece to the puzzle available for poaching.

I don't know whether this is true, but it's just as (if not more) likely as the completely negative spin so many of you are eating up.

The Bills should start overvaluing and overpaying all their backups so they don't leave.

It's funny because if the whole situation was reversed, people would be saying that New England was naking smart football decisions and the Bills were overpaying for backups.

The Bills may not do a lot of things right but they can run block, I'm sure they'll be fine at RB.

If it is all wrong, explain Karlos Williams. One year Karlos has a good year, next year Gilly does. The only constant was the starting RB and the O line.

There's definitely some truth to this. Our team makes it incredibly easy for RB's to succeed, but both of those guys had an undeniable nose for the endzone. It's mostly baffling how hard it has been for the Bills to retain the players of value on their roster. Hemorrhaging the rest of the team for a "star studded" defense and then hiring Rex Ryan to lead them is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. You'd like to say the GM needs to get fired, but we all know if was the marketing guy and the owner that did this.

The Bills should start overvaluing and overpaying all their backups so they don't leave.

It's funny because if the whole situation was reversed, people would be saying that New England was naking smart football decisions and the Bills were overpaying for backups.

The Bills may not do a lot of things right but they can run block, I'm sure they'll be fine at RB.

funny thing about winning consistently.... all the moves are praised....