Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't?

That's backup RB money right there.

Theo Riddick, Bilal Powell, Rex Burkhead, Danny Woodhead--all of them are getting more than the 2nd round tender.

I doubt NE signs Mike if it is a 2nd round tender, a fact lost on so many around here

Yea.

All common sense to the average fan. Unfortunately not for Bills management.

I dunno, Hogan wasn't worth the $$ last year, Gillisleee isn't worth the $$ this year IMO.

Why do Bills fans always care so much about backups?

I dunno, Hogan wasn't worth the $$ last year, Gillisleee isn't worth the $$ this year IMO.

Two players we pulled from the scrap heap. They can be replaced. It just sucks it's the Pats, and we know they are going to use our own former players to thrash us, and get more from them than we ever could.

Edited by DrDareustein

Horrible management of the cap. 2nd round tender protects him and if he gets an offer they get a 2nd. Now itll cost twice as much to keep him, but the fifth isnt worth losing him. .

Wouldnt it be worse for the salary cap to give MG another $mil a year for no reason? Would you pay over asking price for a house that you were the only bidder on to make sure nobody else comes along and makes an offer? I wouldnt.

It's really not surprising to see #BADOL all over this thread. After all, he thinks every RB on the roster is just as good as Shady anyway.

(here, I'll add a couple of :lol: :lol: and :doh: :doh: so you know it's not serious to me!)

Hogan didn't come with a draft pick in return. That hurt more than this would. We have three RBs on the roster and can easily find another. I am good with them grabbing the pick and building for the future.

Because it feeds the people who say the Bills always make bad decisions.

You need to pay closer attention to who is criticizing this move if that's what you think.

Two players we pulled from the scrap heap. They can be replaced.

They can be replaced, but will they be? Hogan sure hasn't been...yet.

Wouldnt it be worse for the salary cap to give MG another $mil a year for no reason? Would you pay over asking price for a house that you were the only bidder on to make sure nobody else comes along and makes an offer? I wouldnt.

This is exactly right IMO.

I mean, we've seen the value of good depth players...

I'd prefer we match, but our OL can open up holes for any 5th round draftee. I still think Gillislee is better than an average backup and we should strongly consider matching. But if they have a good plan in the draft for a backup lets roll with it. I just don't want to see Shady go down for any amount of time and have to rely on JWill or some lousy late round pick.

Edited by Big C

I wonder if it was another team besides the Pats how fans would be reacting? Probably less crazy, but still somewhat because this seems like an easy way to bash Whaley.

Whaley turned a FA pickup into a 5th round pick that is very deep at a bunch of positions the Bills need. That seems like a decent trade IMO.

It's not like MG was the starter. He was a nice player for the Bills, but mostly a burner backup RB. He had a bunch of nice carries, but he isn't anything special. Whaley's a gambler, we'll see how this one plays out.

O-line's can make avg RB's look good. I think matching Groy was the right move and it seems like they aren't going to match MG. I prefer this outcome than the other way around.

Edited by elroy16