Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

this is just the Pats making fools of the Bills. and they(Bills) deserve it. no pro-active thinking.. very frustrating watching this play out again..

The Bills are getting schooled again.

It is shocking how bad the Bills have managed their roster over the years. What's next? Whaley drafts another "EJ Manuel" with the number 10 pick? Or better still he trades up to get another bust QB!

Edited by Billsguy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the last impact 5th rounder the Bills picked ?

Karlos Williams was a 5th rounder, right? He did great AND was easy to replace.

Same with MG. I like him, but take the extra cap money and a 5th rounds and run.

MG turned out to be a better football player than any other team in the NFL thought. He also landed in perhaps the best possible scenario (elite run team with an injury-prone starter). Performed nicely for us. Would be fine keeping him.

Would also trade him straight up for a 5th round pick every day of the week.

You guys need to get over this Patriots god complex. No, Bill Belichick doesn't sit around devising creative ways to make you suffer. They have had the best QB in the history of the NFL for the last 15 years. Not coincidentally, they've been the best team in the NFL for the last 15 years.

This too shall pass, and they'll most likely be back to garbage tier with the rest of us don't-have-a-all-time-great-QB teams.

Well...This option leaves you without the player and a 5th...I think it was better safe than sorry...But that's just me...I said the same thing about Hogan...

I don't know...I'm actually dumbfounded by Bills fans being OK with losing that kid...to the freaking Pats...for a 5th round pick...I'm a little shocked to be honest...Mike was such a valuable tool...Folks can say what they want about RB's growing on trees and all...I think Mike brought it every week and he busted BIG runs...

Whatever...Just another day as a fan of a loser... B-)

And he helped the Bills to a 7-9 record...

I don't think backup RB is priority number one, he will not lead the Bills to the playoff's this season...

The comments are irrespective of each other.

$3M AAV is standard for a backup RB, which runs contrary to what the other poster said.

Whether or not you pay $12M in cap space to your top 2 backs is another question altogether.

But where is the replacement?

Goodwin stepped in and basically replaced Hogan as 4th receiving option last year.

Don't believe me?

Hogan had

Receptions 38 Receiving Yards 680 YPC 17.9 TD 4 (all with Tom Brady as his QB for 12 games)

Goodwin

Receptions 29 Receiving Yards 431 YPC 14.9 TD 3

Both started the same amount of games as well.

Edited by Captain Murica

MG turned out to be a better football player than any other team in the NFL thought. He also landed in perhaps the best possible scenario (elite run team with an injury-prone starter). Performed nicely for us. Would be fine keeping him.

Would also trade him straight up for a 5th round pick every day of the week.

You guys need to get over this Patriots god complex. No, Bill Belichick doesn't sit around devising creative ways to make you suffer. They have had the best QB in the history of the NFL for the last 15 years. Not coincidentally, they've been the best team in the NFL for the last 15 years.

This too shall pass, and they'll most likely be back to garbage tier with the rest of us don't-have-a-all-time-great-QB teams.

What can we do with Belichick? He just sits there and teams HAND him a SB with two of the biggest coaching blunders in all of sports history. On top of the genius he already brings to the game.

Bills would be stupid to match. Back up RB are a dime a dozen. Let's be honest here, there was a significant drop off when Gilly had to be the starter. The reason why he was so effective was because McCoy did the real damage. I am fine with Jonathon Williams being the back up, and bringing in another RB off the street to compete. Our o line is good enough to plug most any back up RB in there.

BB doesn't want Gilly, he just wants to screw the Bills. Don't fall for his nonsense.

I'll keep note of what you said when Gilly runs all over us this year.

Whaley is a garbage GM. PTR, you heard me.

Is that why Pats are signing all of our FAs to expensive contracts? Now who's GARBAGE - talent finders or the COACHES who can't WIN with them?

This tells ME our coaches in the past just haven't done anything with the talent we've had. SO F OFF DUDE. THINK STRAIGHT.

Goodwin stepped in and basically replaced Hogan as 4th receiving option last year.

Don't believe me?

Hogan had

Receptions 38 Receiving Yards 680 YPC 17.9 TD 4 (all with Tom Brady as his QB for 12 games)

Goodwin

Receptions 29 Receiving Yards 431 YPC 14.9 TD 3

Both started the same amount of games as well.

which is why Goodwin signed an deal on day 1 of FA ... he grew into a decent WR once he stayed healthy

If we retain TD Mike at this price we are falling for the sunk cost fallacy. For the Patriots, this is a win-win. They either get a very promising RB, one that will likely be their starter, OR they force the Bills to overpay for their backup. We would only signing him at this point to either want to get a return on our investment (which is very very low), or to prevent him from signing with the Patriots.

I love TD Mike. He runs very hard and was one of my favorite Bills the last two years... but you'd be blind if you didn't notice how easy it seemed to be a RB for the Bills last year. The defenses needed to account for Tyrod as a legitimate rushing threat on each play and we ran out of a run-heavy playbook with an offensive line that was bred to block for long runs.

The Patriots out played us here. Accept the loss and pray Mike doesn't pan out for them. That's our only move.

Let's be clear about this: the Pats lose guys like this all the time. It's why they always have so many draft picks. And, of course, it's genius when they do it.

Everything they do is genius, because they have the greatest coach and qb in history. That's it. It covers up any mistake they make and makes everything look great.

And he helped the Bills to a 7-9 record...

I don't think backup RB is priority number one, he will not lead the Bills to the playoff's this season...

Right because he is the reason they went 7-9...Or had ANYTHING to do with that...You've got to be kidding me with that... :lol: