Should the Bills move back in the draft to stockpile picks

I’m glad to see the Bills do their due diligence on the QB’s in the draft. If the Bills do take a QB in the first round, I hope it’s not another bust like EJ Manuel or JP Losman. If there isn’t a QB worthy of a high round draft pick and the Bills are truly in the market for their “future” QB, IMO, they should move back with teams in the draft, ask for 2018 draft picks instead, that way if the Bills need to trade up in next year’s draft to get a good QB that has the potential to be a franchise QB, they’ll have the assets to do it with instead of sacrificing multiple draft picks of their own. With the Bills drafting at 10, I’m sure they could move down at least twice in this year’s draft.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how the first 9 picks go. I don't believe in trading down just for the sake of it if there are still elite level players available. Now if the players available at 10 aren't graded much higher than guys projected to go later then absolutely try and trade down.

Edited by Bangarang

If there is a willing dance partner, sure! Guessing there is a lot of competition to move back this year - so it will be easier said than done.

Would only advise against it if they feel like a star player from their evaluation is there at 10 - then just stay put.

I said no, because a lot of things can go wrong QB wise next year that would make it pointless to trade up (unless someone like Luke Falk skyrockets, which could happen. I like him.). Darnold could stay in school, for example. I would rather see what happens this year, such as someone like Adams or (low chance) Solomon Thomas, dropping to us at 10.

I said no, because a lot of things can go wrong QB wise next year that would make it pointless to trade up (unless someone like Luke Falk skyrockets, which could happen. I like him.). Darnold could stay in school, for example. I would rather see what happens this year, such as someone like Adams or (low chance) Solomon Thomas, dropping to us at 10.

That's understandable. If the Bills keep having their record stay around the same mark (6-10 - 9-7), they continue to draft between 8-19 which is not high enough in the draft order to get an elite prospect. So if that continues, I'd rather see the Bills have a two or three year plan to stockpile draft picks, that way they don't have to do a Washington Redskins and give up three first round draft picks of their own (or even close to that).

I think everyone near the top of the draft wants to trade down so I doubt we'll be able to. The Browns want to trade down, the 49ers publicly announced they want to trade down. The top pool of players isn't all that great. Probably our best bet is if Mike Williams is still there and a team down a few spots needs a receiver. I think Whaley will trade down if he can but I don't see it happening.

I'm all for the Bills trading down. We need as many picks as we can get.

Trading to get another 1st round pick for next year would be quite a move. If they can find a team willing to do that, then go for it.

If we have to trade back into the 20's, so be it. There is good depth in the 2nd & 3rd round this year.

I voted no because the yes option said "to trade up to grab a QB in 2018".

same. Trade down for picks this year - yes.

Extra second would be phenomenal. Take a risk on jake butt in the second and we profit Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake Butt is in this year's draft. The question is about trading for picks in 2018.

Yes., yes, yes....Do it twice. Get a good player in round 1 who can help right away. And, in this draft you want multiple round 2&3 picks because there is a lot of value .

the question is about trading down for picks in next year's' draft...

Ideally YES. This allows you to get a quality LB, CB, S, QB, and OL in the first 3-4 rounds.

Extra second would be phenomenal. Take a risk on jake butt in the second and we profit Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we can get Butt even later than the 2nd. He will be the steal of the draft, next to the WR from Syracuse whose name I will not attempt to spell and am too lazy to look up.