Eli Manning accused of fake "game used" helmet scam

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this makes no sense...Eli makes a lot of money...how much could he possibly make selling helmets?

I didn't read it, but I hope he didn't turn his head to help some poor desperate guy on the staff.

@darrenrovell

Allegations against Giants in Eli Manning memorabilia lawsuit are specific and extensive

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19153348/eli-manning-new-york-giants-accused-fraud-court-documents

Look at the context from this article:

"On April 27, 2010, Manning sent an email to Giants head equipment manager Joe Skiba asking for "two helmets that can pass as game used." The email was initiated after Manning was sent a note by Alan Zucker, his marketing agent throughout his career, to come up with some equipment to satisfy his obligation to provide such materials to sports memorabilia company Steiner Sports."

My guess is that Eli's camp is going to issue the following statement:

"Eli wanted the equipment manager to find 2 (of his many) actual game used helmets that were scuffed up enough to look 'game used', so that the buyers would have a more authentic piece of memorabilia. Any lack of clarity in the message can be attributed to the below:

otWcrAk.png

You don't think it's a little much seeing the Mannings in every freaking commercial in between TV timeouts during football games?

i don't really care. the company spends their money to advertise. do you say the same thing about actors? like...does brad pitt really need to do another movie? or in your life....do you really need to work full time? could you survive on part time?

I demand that all so-called "game used" helmets be accompanied by a DNA test demonstrating that Eli's sweat actually graced the inside of the helmet. As the annoying office manager who fills his corner office shelves with idiotic sports memorabilia, the veneer of "authenticity" is everything to me. (The "white crime" comment sums it up nicely)

Look at the context from this article:

"On April 27, 2010, Manning sent an email to Giants head equipment manager Joe Skiba asking for "two helmets that can pass as game used." The email was initiated after Manning was sent a note by Alan Zucker, his marketing agent throughout his career, to come up with some equipment to satisfy his obligation to provide such materials to sports memorabilia company Steiner Sports."

My guess is that Eli's camp is going to issue the following statement:

"Eli wanted the equipment manager to find 2 (of his many) actual game used helmets that were scuffed up enough to look 'game used', so that the buyers would have a more authentic piece of memorabilia. Any lack of clarity in the message can be attributed to the below:

otWcrAk.png

Hahahahah awesome pic