Eli Manning accused of fake "game used" helmet scam

Report: Eli Manning teamed up with Giants equipment manager on memorabilia scam

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/eli-manning-accused-bogus-sport-memorabilia-scam-article-1.3053195

Lawyers for a sports memorabilia dealer who claims Manning and Giants employees passed along bogus game-used helmets have filed new court paperwork that includes a potentially damning email from the two-time Super Bowl MVP.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/heres-proof-eli-manning-was-in-on-giants-memorabilia-scheme/

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a big problem for Eli Manning. This is fraud, and I'd imagine if Eli got caught this one time he's done it many times before. Add to that, these pieces of authentic signed gear go for a lot of money and he could be looking at a very high fraud loss amount. That e-mail of Eli asking for 2 helmets that look "game used" is the smoking gun.

I, personally, faced a big legal problem for getting involved with knockoff Chinese NFL jerseys, so I fully understand how big of a problem this can become. IMO, this story has the potential to be much, much worse than what I experienced just because of who's involved and the increased deception of faking game used items which sell for a very large premium.

This is going to be a big problem for Eli Manning. This is fraud, and I'd imagine if Eli got caught this one time he's done it many times before. Add to that, these pieces of authentic signed gear go for a lot of money and he could be looking at a very high fraud loss amount. That e-mail of Eli asking for 2 helmets that look "game used" is the smoking gun.

I, personally, faced a big legal problem for getting involved with knockoff Chinese NFL jerseys, so I fully understand how big of a problem this can become. IMO, this story has the potential to be much, much worse than what I experienced just because of who's involved and the increased deception of faking game used items which sell for a very large premium.

....I can see Goodell trying to take a low key back seat to this because of Mara......let the courts and legal beagles decide..............

....I can see Goodell trying to take a low key back seat to this because of Mara......let the courts and legal beagles decide..............

Yes, you are probably right. Due to Manning's star status he will likely get the benefit of doubt and slip out of big trouble. There will be fall guys though, who will pay the price. In my situation, both homeland security and the intellectual property rights of the sports leagues came down on me with authority, and they absolutely had the right to do so, I was in the wrong. I do suspect, though, that the sports league will be much more forgiving to Eli, considering he's an actual ambassador of the brand.

Yes, you are probably right. Due to Manning's star status he will likely get the benefit of doubt and slip out of big trouble. There will be fall guys though, who will pay the price. In my situation, both homeland security and the intellectual property rights of the sports leagues came down on me with authority, and they absolutely had the right to do so, I was in the wrong. I do suspect, though, that the sports league will be much more forgiving to Eli, considering he's an actual ambassador of the brand.[/quote

I don't understand how what was published here represents a smoking gun. I don't claim to know anything about helmet memorabilia, but how did you get from what was said here to fall guys?

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

It's not true. Goodell's framing him. The equipment manager is called "The Scuffer" because he has a shoe shine business on the side. The Ideal Memorabilia Law proves this is a fake story. IT'S NOT ELI'S FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!