anybody not on board drafting QB at 10 is a *****

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see a franchise QB at 10 and still see Taylor our QB next year. Why waste a pick when you can get talent at WR, OT, DL, S or CB

One day the Bills will strike it rich with a franchise QB.

Don't see it happening this year. Pick a developmental player later. Fill the needs.

Drafting a QB too high has burned teams several times. No, that would not make us idiots. Drafting the BPA and then taking the RIGHT QB at the RIGHT spot is what a smart team (hopefully us) should do.

Post #2. This should have been the end of this thread.

How about we devote each draft to a different position. This year we get 6 QB's. Next year all defensive linemen. After a 7 year cycle we should be ready to go. We can fire all those scouts except the ones who know the position of the year. It makes decision making easier too. If you dont agree you are a maroon, idiot and phool.

I am sure the Bills will consult you before they decide. :rolleyes:

Yes Drew Brees is not a franchise QB (Brees signed with the New Orleans Saints as a free agent.)

Yes Steve Young was not a franchise QB (Young was traded to the San Francisco 49ers on April 24, 1987 to serve as a backup to Joe Montana.)

Yes Kurt Warner was not a franchise QB (Kurt Warner was signed by Green Bay undrafted, cut, played in Arena football and signed by RAMS as UDFA)

Yes Warren Moon was not a franchise QB (Moon was undrafted, went to CFL and then was signed by Houston Oilers after a bidding war).

Where is the command to run DC Tom's 'Your an idiot" bot when you need it.

Joe Theismann, Daryle Lamonica, John Elway, Brett Favre, Eli Manning.

The greatest thing will be when the number 10 pick comes and we take someone other than Mahomes. The Mahomes threads will be IN abundance with various posters' heads\diapers exploding. :lol:

we need to not only draft Mahomes but also should draft Chad Kelly in the 5th round. Nothing else matters unless you have a QB. You don't get a Franchise QB unless you draft one. There is no trading for one or getting one through free agency. Look would you trade all the bills draft picks the next 2 years for Aaron Rogers of course you would. Well guess what Green would not make that trade. You can get all the other positions in the draft and through free agency or CFL or Arena football league or Australian Rules football or College Free agents that don't get drafted. You can get any position but you can't get the franchise QB. So just stop the silliness that we should draft a reciever or corner with the 10th pick like it will matter. If you want to keep pounding salt and your head up against rocks for 10 more years with no playoffs then let's just keep drafting Running Backs and DB's and keep being losers. I'm out, I said my piece. Just look at the teams that make the playoffs every year. Look at who there Quaterback are, do I need to make a list for you. This is not rocket science it's simple. We need to keep drafting QB's until we find our franchise QB end of story nothing else matters. I could give 2 ***** who else the Bills draft.

These QBs are FLAWED !!!, if we draft one at 10 we are idiots

we need to not only draft Mahomes but also should draft Chad Kelly in the 5th round. Nothing else matters unless you have a QB. You don't get a Franchise QB unless you draft one. There is no trading for one or getting one through free agency. Look would you trade all the bills draft picks the next 2 years for Aaron Rogers of course you would. Well guess what Green would not make that trade. You can get all the other positions in the draft and through free agency or CFL or Arena football league or Australian Rules football or College Free agents that don't get drafted. You can get any position but you can't get the franchise QB. So just stop the silliness that we should draft a reciever or corner with the 10th pick like it will matter. If you want to keep pounding salt and your head up against rocks for 10 more years with no playoffs then let's just keep drafting Running Backs and DB's and keep being losers. I'm out, I said my piece. Just look at the teams that make the playoffs every year. Look at who there Quaterback are, do I need to make a list for you. This is not rocket science it's simple. We need to keep drafting QB's until we find our franchise QB end of story nothing else matters. I could give 2 ***** who else the Bills draft.

Great post.

Anyone thinking any QB in this year's draft is a top 10 pick .... well ....

Two words. Kurt Warner. Another two words. Tomy Romo. Both Fa QBs.

The thing is, when you make posts talking about how something "never" can happen, it is generally very easy to find examples that prove you're wrong.

It is not simply drafting enough QB's it is drafting the right QB. And that involves very careful and diligent scouting.

Times 1 million...This ^

Sorry but no QB in this draft is worth the 10rh pick, you never want to waste top picks chasing a QB who is not a sure thing.

I go either way, but if you wait for a QB who is a sure thing, you literally will never ever get a QB.

The guys who are close to a sure thing, guys like Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, come along once a decade or so and are gone in pick #1. And the one thing the Bills have shown for 17 years is that we don't ever get bad enough to get the #1 pick.