McDermott says WR2 is already on the roster

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills fans want the Bills to draft another top 10 WR. Last team to draft multiple wrs in the top 10 in a 3 year time frame is the 0-16 Lions.

I didn't say that, but they need to find someone legit for the #2 spot either by trade or at some point in the draft or they'll have another below-average receiving corps which will hurt Tyrod and the offense just like last year. If (when) Sammy gets hurt again, they'll need a decent option that can draw some attention away from the running game or else the offense will sputter and fans will be calling for Tyrod's job (again.)

"Bills coach Sean McDermott says he believes his No. 2 receiver behind Sammy Watkins is already on the roster. That would presumably tamper talk that Bills will find their starting wideout with the No. 10 pick next month. Andre Holmes probably leads the pack of competition alongside Watkins."

Two options here, either McDermott is a habitual liar and this is a smokescreen or he is an incompetent fool. Either way he has already lost any possibility of me having any faith in him being a decent HC.

I didn't say that, but they need to find someone legit for the #2 spot either by trade or at some point in the draft or they'll have another below-average receiving corps which will hurt Tyrod and the offense just like last year. If (when) Sammy gets hurt again, they'll need a decent option that can draw some attention away from the running game or else the offense will sputter and fans will be calling for Tyrod's job (again.)

We can't operate worrying about Sammy getting hurt.

McDermott did also say It's a big couple weeks for Sammy to get a 5th year option. That's the story. The Bills may look to replace Sammy in the draft.

If last year taught us anything, we dont even need receivers. Just a top 5 D.

Carolina hasn't had WRs either. I do think TE is a real possibility. Edited by TheTruthHurts

I'm getting a weird vibe that Jabrill is the guy at 10. Id rather see corner then safety but CB is deep and there's guys to be had in the 2nd & 3rd.

Or OJ Howard. I knew WR was off the board once we got Holmes and Brown.

I'm getting the same vibe. He is freak that can play multiple positions on both sides of the ball, and play ALL of them well.

Are you serious?

Just a gut feeling that he may want him as he may have more familiarity with him than most I would think. Like I said, its a feeling which means there is nothing concrete to back it up

Not sure what the deal is or your sardonic response to it

Bills fans want the Bills to draft another top 10 WR. Last team to draft multiple wrs in the top 10 in a 3 year time frame is the 0-16 Lions.

It makes no sense. We don't throw the ball enough to utilize the weapons we already have.

Taylor is clearly a bridge QB and they only have Jones as a backup right now. They didn't sign any veteran as a backup. That makes QB at #10 the obvious pick to me, depending on if the QB or QBs they feel has a good shot at becoming a franchise QB.

I hope you're right!

Even if there is another elite WR for Tyrod to waste, people will still call for his job simply because he's not very good.

I don't get the hype surrounding Davis. He reminds me a lot of Devin Thomas from Michigan State. He was considered the 'most pro ready' WR in the draft... and excelled at nothing. I see the same thing with Davis. The guy doesn't stand out in any category other than he can run a full route tree. But he never pulls away from defenders, even going against sub-par competition. This guy has bust written all over him. I see his ceiling as a third down possession WR, and that is not the type of talent you draft in the 1st round.

Edited by Stud37

Just a gut feeling that he may want him as he may have more familiarity with him than most I would think. Like I said, its a feeling which means there is nothing concrete to back it up

Not sure what the deal is or your sardonic response to it

You are suggesting that a coach would favor a QB because they both played in the same state. What kind of response were you expecting? They do have TV and see college games from all over the country in NC. Ask Boyst. Even he has one. ;)

You are suggesting that a coach would favor a QB because they both played in the same state. What kind of response were you expecting? They do have TV and see college games from all over the country in NC. Ask Boyst. Even he has one. ;)

I am not suggesting that he favors him because he plays in the same state, but he may like him more than the other candidates due to a better familiarity with him (assuming he wants to go QB) and yes there are games across the country but the coverage of a local program is much more prevalent where you live

Edit: Although I am not familiar with the local coverage or a big UNC fan so maybe Boyst can shed some light on how they cover the team down there in NC

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Guest NeckBeard

I would write this all off as a smokescreen, except for all of the talk of Bills' GMs and their smokescreens lead to Aaron Maybin (he is pretty sexy tho), CJ Spiller, and Watkins. #dayoffdaydrinkingnotproud