You are my sunshine, my only sunshine Jerry

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Pegula took his time on HIS own timetable to assess whether Regier was the right fit for the Sabres....when he said, "nope", adios.....this is his third year of ownership....he'll take his time on HIS own timetable to assess whether Whaley is the right fit for the Bills....if the answer is "nope", adios.....and he has enough in his checkbook to hire whoever the hell he wants....WITHOUT the help of Nefarious Jerry..

Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to present to you, the First Couple of Two Bills Drive: Thurman#1 and Bill from NYC

Ever heard of a thing called projection, Bud? You might look into it.

And if you think only two people feel that sixteen years of no playoffs is OK and prove everything's peachy-dandy at OBD, you*re deeply mistaken.

Edited by Thurman#1

Wow another hateful rant by Jerry, I wonder if he can even order a cup of coffee without bitching about how hot it is. I sometimes wonder if the Pegulas sit around and shake their heads sometimes regarding the media in Buffalo. The most negative market in the country bar none. Hopefully Monday we can get more "drought trivia" from the geniuses at WGR. Simply awful and embarrassing to see how negative the whole market is

Bottom line Jerry is right. Whaley sucks and isn't a Good GM. Enough is enough, they should have fired him this offseason

Yeah, it's hard to imagine how anyone could think Whaley should be fired.

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/lid/77975

After all, the team's been so successful under his stewardship.

Tom, if not having won world championships means you can't complain, I'll expect not to hear any more sourness from you or anyone else around here.

If you can't complain as a fan of a team that's gone this many years without hitting the playoffs, with a GM with this level of success, you should pretty much never complain. And I say that as a person who has enjoyed your posts for years.

Whaley deserves everything he gets and more.

Clicks mean absolutely nothing to Sully. Plenty of sites out there it means a lot, but for the News, absolutely nothing.

They use a subscription system. Their money comes from people subscribing to receive their stories. The News actually limits the number of stories you can read without subscribing. They clearly would't do this if they gave a crap about clicks.

Pretty much all newspapers these days have switched to this system. The "it's only for clicks" argument simply is no longer relevant for most newspapers and certainly the Buffalo News. They make money when people like their writers enough to sign up for digital and newsprint subscriptions. Sully is still here because he's good at his job. Not that that means you have to like him, but he's good.

I've been critical of Whaley but there's no way he's solely to blame for our failures. A GM can only be as competent as ownership adnour organization has been a trainwreck. No GM could overcome that. EJ was Buddy Nix' pick IMO.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine how anyone could think Whaley should be fired.

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/lid/77975

After all, the team's been so successful under his stewardship.

Tom, if not having won world championships means you can't complain, I'll expect not to hear any more sourness from you or anyone else around here.

If you can't complain as a fan of a team that's gone this many years without hitting the playoffs, with a GM with this level of success, you should pretty much never complain. And I say that as a person who has enjoyed your posts for years.

Whaley deserves everything he gets and more.

Clicks mean absolutely nothing to Sully. Plenty of sites out there it means a lot, but for the News, absolutely nothing.

They use a subscription system. Their money comes from people subscribing to receive their stories. The News actually limits the number of stories you can read without subscribing. They clearly would't do this if they gave a crap about clicks.

Pretty much all newspapers these days have switched to this system. The "it's only for clicks" argument simply is no longer relevant for most newspapers and certainly the Buffalo News. They make money when people like their writers enough to sign up for digital and newsprint subscriptions. Sully is still here because he's good at his job. Not that that means you have to like him, but he's good.

What are you telling me for? The jackass my bot replied to is the one arguing that you can't criticize the GM unless you've been a GM yourself. B word at him, dumbass.

Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to present to you, the First Couple of Two Bills Drive: Thurman#1 and Bill from NYC

I've read a couple of your posts in this thread and I sense that you are a disgruntled BBMB refugee. You probably were a big, swinging dick on your "old" board with 75,000 posts and now you feel jaded and must overcompensate. Am I right?

That was a great article.

>>>The roster is a monument to weak drafting and short-sighted personnel management. At the end of last season, the Bills had fewer of their own draft picks on the roster than any other team. They had 22 unrestricted free agents on March 1. They had precious few "value" players, young stars who are on their first contracts and help balance the roster.<<<

One of the reasons for the above quote is that Whaley keeps trading away our precious draft picks for little return.

Listen, I don't hate the man. The truth is that he is a lousy, undisciplined, short sighted GM. If he was watching his money he is set for life. Bills Fans deserve a GM who can get us into the playoffs. Whaley will never, ever land another job in this capacity. He needs to be fired.

Bill, great to hear from you again. Hope all is well.

Dude, why don't chill and build up some posts before saying stupid things? Bill is legend here.

Hey, what caused your site to fold?

What were you, the resident douchebag?

Bill, great to hear from you again. Hope all is well.

Thank you, I am feeling great and am truly blessed. :)

You know Mike, I think that this influx of new posters will be good for TSW. Our mods and SDS have been at this a while and will be able to see who is doing what before very long.

Edited by Bill from NYC

He missed several opportunities to draft a quarterback. It isn't so often that you can get a good one by trade or free agency. He peddled away picks instead of stockpiling them. Don't you wish we had more coming into this draft? Also, Whaley was lucky that a few of his dumb moves failed, such as trying to re-sign Spiller and Byrd.

He made a great trade when he got Hughes and had some good signings so he isn't 100% bad imo. I want a GM who can resist dumb trades, draft sensibly, and get this team into the playoffs.

I understand what you're saying for sure. I don't love everything he's done but I don't ever blame not finding a QB on a GM - ever. It's complete and utter luck.

I also can't blame him for not comprising of mostly draft picks - he's drafted 4 times. It's not even mathematically possible that's his fault. They had to totally turn over a roster devoid of talent (Nix and he).

Whaley has been through some serious obstacles of instability. He becomes GM very late IMO of 2013. The owner dies almost exactly one year later. Team gets purchased during the season and a psycho coach quits. Then everything I mentioned about Rex and I forgot to include Rex firing the OC during the season. From a personnel standpoint those have been some difficult things to overcome. He's found some serious gems in free agency and while he's not a drafting ace - I'd sure like to see Shaq, Ragland, Listenbee, Washington, Jones, Williams and Seymour play more before I say he needs to be fired. I feel good about the 2016 class. If Ragland balls out - I won't give two craps about that 4th round pick to move up.

He tried to hit a home run with Watkins - hindsight says that may have been ill-advised but it's not like he swung and totally missed with Watkings, he's an excellent player.

I understand what you're saying for sure. I don't love everything he's done but I don't ever blame not finding a QB on a GM - ever. It's complete and utter luck.

I also can't blame him for not comprising of mostly draft picks - he's drafted 4 times. It's not even mathematically possible that's his fault. They had to totally turn over a roster devoid of talent (Nix and he).

Whaley has been through some serious obstacles of instability. He becomes GM very late IMO of 2013. The owner dies almost exactly one year later. Team gets purchased during the season and a psycho coach quits. Then everything I mentioned about Rex and I forgot to include Rex firing the OC during the season. From a personnel standpoint those have been some difficult things to overcome. He's found some serious gems in free agency and while he's not a drafting ace - I'd sure like to see Shaq, Ragland, Listenbee, Washington, Jones, Williams and Seymour play more before I say he needs to be fired. I feel good about the 2016 class. If Ragland balls out - I won't give two craps about that 4th round pick to move up.

He tried to hit a home run with Watkins - hindsight says that may have been ill-advised but it's not like he swung and totally missed with Watkings, he's an excellent player.

You make solid points and I do not dismiss them at all. And as you probably know, I want Ragland to succeed as much as any poster here does because he was on the Tide.

I simply can't get over the very strong feeling that Whaley is undisciplined and in over his head. If he stays and improves I will be the first to praise him.

He missed several opportunities to draft a quarterback. It isn't so often that you can get a good one by trade or free agency. He peddled away picks instead of stockpiling them. Don't you wish we had more coming into this draft? Also, Whaley was lucky that a few of his dumb moves failed, such as trying to re-sign Spiller and Byrd.

He made a great trade when he got Hughes and had some good signings so he isn't 100% bad imo. I want a GM who can resist dumb trades, draft sensibly, and get this team into the playoffs.

He was on his way to doing that. Then the Pegulas bought the team and cherry picked Rex Ryan, who cherry picked Tyrod Taylor. Now we are what our record says we are. That's not on Doug Whaley. Not by a long shot.

Edited by Gugny

You make solid points and I do not dismiss them at all. And as you probably know, I want Ragland to succeed as much as any poster here does because he was on the Tide.

I simply can't get over the very strong feeling that Whaley is undisciplined and in over his head. If he stays and improves I will be the first to praise him.

Good conversation for sure and I don't think you're rooting against Whaley. I think you're points are certainly reasonable and you may very well be correct.

I'll make one last point. If I'm Whaley - I'm feeling awfully unlucky. I build a fantastic defense and start concentrating on the offense. A buffoon coach does the exact opposite - he ruins my defense, I get unlucky with my 2016 draft with injuries and the offense ends up playing well enough had the defense just merely showed up it could have worked.

I want to see what this year brings and I know you do too. I know we have a few holes but that's not an uncommon thing - However I'm not disheartened by our roster. It's a talented group with a lot to like about it.